View Poll Results: What format do you primarily shoot?

Voters
486. You may not vote on this poll
  • Film

328 67.49%
  • Digital

158 32.51%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011

Thread: Who here still shoots primarily film?

Default Re: Who here still shoots primarily film?

omg i though i'm alone! i'm using canon eos88... still using film.. very tempted to change to dSLR but full frame dSLR are pretty expensive... i understand the many cons of SLR compared to dSLR but still i'm so used to film SLR..

nice to see the opinion. slr has its pros too. digital is too expensive. main pro is being able to change iso and seeing pic immediately after shootin.

wish canon wud keep producing their film slrs, or offer new models. wish they wouldnt stop.
    we dont get film slrs in India. no idea abt new ones in singapore.

btw, are spare parts still available for eos 3 in singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    I myself have converted to digital, even though I'm aware of the limitations of the format.
    Hi,

what in our opinion, is the limitations of the digital format? Other than not being able to throw the sensor in some chemicals to develop the pictures, I see more freedom rather than limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by randytay View Post
    Hi,

what in our opinion, is the limitations of the digital format? Other than not being able to throw the sensor in some chemicals to develop the pictures, I see more freedom rather than limitations.
    Limitations of digital formats?

Well, simple.

Notwithstanding the wonderful "freedom" digital processes accord, it is not film.

A car is certainly a much better mode of transport than a horse, but a horse it is not.

There are inherent differences in the media. If all one looks for is "freedom", then look no further. Digital is here to stay.

But there is something different about riding a horse.
    Last edited by Anjinnete Ross; 1st November 2007 at 08:20 AM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 691011