Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Thread: Should photographers accept models with defects?

Default Re: Should photographers accept models with defects?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Seriously, I am having difficulties understanding these two quotes in relation to my point. But its okay, you are entitled to your views nonetheless.
    likewise yours to the topic... your 'holistic' vagueness are always profound to me.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    check left, nope...
    check right, nope...

damn i just look so perfect!
    Got photos to post or not?

Last edited by Sion; 15th September 2009 at 04:35 PM.

Flaresg
    Guests

For those who like to shoot portraits, Instead of paying to join photoshoots.. there's a cheaper or cost effective way..

Pay subscriptions to CS to get organiser status.

Advertise for Paid shoots (models are more inclined to response for paid shoots).

"Offer" to provide TFCD for model (shoot for free 1x) to help build her portfolio.

Advertise shoot in CS, get paying photographers. Join in the shoot (shoot for free 2x).

Which is cheaper? Join paid shoots every week, spending $$ like $40-$50 each time,
    or pay one-time (like $165 for 3 months), organise shoots, get TFCDs, shoot for free, and maybe make some $$

Pity some models sign up in the eagerness of getting paid assignments, Let "organiser" shoot bikini for free, shoot advertised but no response.. then realise they got nothing in the end..

How many organisers actually took care of the logistics (reflectors, venue, makeup, outfits etc..) and let the shooters felt it's worth every cent paid? Guess the good organiser who really "organise the shoto and took care of everything" are quite well known already.. the rest.. only the affected models and shooters know..

Just curious at the trend where many frequent shooters turn organisers and advertise aggressively for models to do TFCD or paid shoots.. How many % of models actually end up with paid assignments.. with cold hard cash in hand..

Quote Originally Posted by dradttg View Post
    Here's another trade secret.

vince123123
    Guests

Wah you registered another account today just to post this?

Quote Originally Posted by Flaresg View Post
    For those who like to shoot portraits, Instead of paying to join photoshoots.. there's a cheaper or cost effective way..

Advertise for Paid shoots (models are more inclined to response for paid shoots).

"Offer" to provide TFCD for model (shoot for free 1x) to help build her portfolio.

Advertise shoot in CS, get paying photographers. Join in the shoot (shoot for free 2x).

Which is cheaper? Join paid shoots every week, spending $$ like $40-$50 each time,
    or pay one-time (like $165 for 3 months), organise shoots, get TFCDs, shoot for free, and maybe make some $$

Pity some models sign up in the eagerness of getting paid assignments, Let "organiser" shoot bikini for free, shoot advertised but no response.. then realise they got nothing in the end..

How many organisers actually took care of the logistics (reflectors, venue, makeup, outfits etc..) and let the shooters felt it's worth every cent paid? Guess the good organiser who really "organise the shoto and took care of everything" are quite well known already.. the rest.. only the affected models and shooters know..

Just curious at the trend where many frequent shooters turn organisers and advertise aggressively for models to do TFCD or paid shoots.. How many % of models actually end up with paid assignments.. with cold hard cash in hand..

vince123123
    Guests

I guess we are in agreement then

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    likewise yours to the topic... your 'holistic' vagueness are always profound to me.

Flaresg
    Guests

muz register then can post mah. there's no guest account leh.

Wah you registered another account today just to post this?

What's ur real identity?? Got defects or not??

vince123123
    Guests

Well for a less than one day old member, you are surely quite well acquainted with the whole system here in CS

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    He got "flare".

That is a defect isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    IMHO, a model who has some defects, such as tattoo, skin rashes, and most commonly newly installed braces, bad stained teeth, etc .... MUST notify the organizer of the defect beforehand and when advertising for services or a photoshoot, the photographers must be informed so that one can have the choice to join or not to join the shoot.
    i don't know about organised shoots, even if i ever shoot portraits seriously i think i will shy away from them, mainly because of the limited results one can get!

but i suppose maybe people find merit in such shots..

even then, let us remember that no one wanted to shoot marta (an anorexic model, relatively severe case).. except dragan. and these are the portraits that stick with us a long time, the fact that beauty can be found in what is perceived as flawed.

clubsnap P&P 's tagline is "more than just sitting and smiling"

i hope that in the long run, this extends to more than "wearing bikini and standing and smiling"

likewise i remember shooting together an overweight moller few yrs ago..... a comment i heard from other fellow.' eow her waist is as thick as yr..'
    it something i just resigned to fate and and treat it as a charity shoot....
    since then i became a changed man and stick only to landscape n still life .
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

First of all its $195 every 3 months.

Next, it is not so fun to shoot trial models so much as you would think so. You have no idea how it is not fun to work with completely inexperienced models. For those who want to build up a model portfolio through such a strategy; not the best for sure.

And IMHO, after so much discussion, i personally believe that shooting as an organiser during organised shoot has grown to become a taboo and not many organisers do that.

For a CS organiser; reputation, image & marketable models is everything. Screw that up and you're not going to last long as an organiser... if an organiser unfortunately provided a model who was later deemed "defective" by participants, he will have no choice to to accept the repercussions on his/her reputation.

Anyone still wants to be an organiser?
    Last edited by surrephoto; 18th September 2009 at 04:44 AM.

Flaresg
    Guests

Actually, not new. Been around for quite a while already but seldom post. used to have the autologin whenever access the forum. But 2 weeks after in camp then suddenly cannot login and forgot the user id..

If wanna post.. must register again lor..

Well for a less than one day old member, you are surely quite well acquainted with the whole system here in CS

Flaresg
    Guests

forgot liao lah.. else no need to create a/c..

defective browser.. cannot autologin

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post

i think that its okay ! cause its the process dat counts ?

vince123123
    Guests

Its okay, lets leave the rest of the members to judge the veracity of your statements; a string of coincidences I might add

Actually, not new. Been around for quite a while already but seldom post. used to have the autologin whenever access the forum. But 2 weeks after in camp then suddenly cannot login and forgot the user id..

If wanna post.. must register again lor..

Flaresg
    Guests

It all depends on the reason for being an organiser.. If it is for income/interest and the organiser demostrated professionalism in fulfilling his/her obligations as an organiser, then naturally they'll be concerned with reputations, and the ability to deliver. The sames applies for shooting (or not shooting) during a shoot.

If it is meant to be a easy/cheap way to shoot XMMs under the convenience of being an organiser, then, why would they care?

Then, with regards to working with inexperienced models. If you're talking about training them, or building a portfolio for the photographer and model, then yes, it is not easy. If it is just shooting XMMs, it's not difficult at all, just aim at the target in bikini and press the shutter (ensure got battery and CF cards if applicable). Put up a few bikini pictures and advertise for shoot.

A serious organiser could engage experienced models, or ask models to provide their portfolios. Would a true blue organiser aggressively advertise for TFCDs? Or frequently advertise for "models for paid shoots", and then offer to provide TFCDs? Maybe.. althou usually an "organiser" would naturally be more interested in engaging models for organised shoots rather than shooting models right?

Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    Next, it is not so fun to shoot trial models so much as you would think so. You have no idea how it is not fun to work with completely inexperienced models. For those who want to build up a model portfolio through such a strategy; not the best for sure.

And IMHO, after so much discussion, i personally believe that shooting as an organiser during organised shoot has grown to become a taboo and not many organisers do that.

For a CS organiser; reputation, image & marketable models is everything. Screw that up and you're not going to last long as an organiser... if an organiser unfortunately provided a model who was later deemed "defective" by participants, he will have no choice to to accept the repercussions on his/her reputation.

Anyone still wants to be an organiser?

Asking for portfolio is actually a good point. By looking through it, you could pick up any undesirable feature in the model.

Maybe make it mandate for the organiser to put a link to the model's portofolio rather than posting just 1 or 2 pic taken with HP.

OT: ACD is no longer a mod? Since when?
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    IMHO, a model who has some defects, such as tattoo, skin rashes, and most commonly newly installed braces, bad stained teeth, etc .... MUST notify the organizer of the defect beforehand and when advertising for services or a photoshoot, the photographers must be informed so that one can have the choice to join or not to join the shoot.

There are many instances that the model's image posted looks good but on the actual day, one is presented with a model with some kind of defects.
    Of course it is very easy to say that photographers can walk out of the shoot (but who is paying for the travel costs and time?) or reject the model, but because most local photographers are kind-hearted, the shoot is always on even though one gets very annoyed when the model cant smile, cant open her mouth, etc ....

Also models with over-size dresses, uniforms, bigini, bra, etc... (we are NOT shooting goats, SION, etc...)

I beg CS organizers to look into this matter with some responsibility and professionalism ....
    Cannot agree with you more.

Newly installed braces that was not previously disclosed is definitely on the top of my peeves.

30A advertised as 32C, stuffing everything one can think of between the A and C is another of my peeves.

"Not as advertised" sums it up. Happens so often.

I used to insist on meeting up with the model. The helped, but it's very time consuming.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    OT: ACD is no longer a mod? Since when?

DCA needed the time out.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast