Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What can we learn from Ris?

Default Re: What can we learn from Ris?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    What can we learn from Ris?
    If we can't learn anything from Ris we'll learn something from you.

I think this sms/msn are really bad for people, esp the younger generation.
    This sentence is grammatically incorrect leh.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    Come on guys, the problem doesn't really lie with her Singlish. It is her bimbotic answers and her pretentious accent that made the whole contest so farcical. Even if she speaks perfect Queen's English, she will still not be able to carry out a conversation well, simply for her lack of knowledge and her demeanour. It makes a mockery out of the whole contest.

Beauty contest is not all about looks but also brain matter? Such statement is so full of hypocrisy!
    come to think about it...

i think if she start a blog, she can win xia suay all the way...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    This sentence is grammatically incorrect leh.
    Ris says so?

The French speak English with their unique French accent, and so do the Russians, Japs, Koreans etc. And they do it with their fair share of pronunciation inaccuracies etc.

What's the big deal when Siingaporeans speak Singlish? Even if it's at Ms Singapore World pagaent, do we hear participants from each country speak in "Queen's English"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Ris says so?
    oic, then it is acceptable la.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    What's the big deal when Siingaporeans speak Singlish? Even if it's at Ms Singapore World pagaent, do we hear participants from each country speak in "Queen's English"?
    local malay speaks malay, local tamil speaks tamil, alas the local cina is more apologetic for not speaking good england and totally not ashame that he/she can't spoke cina or dialect.

Maybe she can learn from Fan Won "Next year what title to win har?" 每年赢什么好? w/o NG sure win the fans over..

What can we learn from Ris ?

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Maybe she can learn from Fan Won "Next year what title to win har?" 每年赢什么好? w/o NG sure win the fans over..
    Aiyoh... that remark by Fann Wong was almost as unforgettable as Ris Low's speech.

What I am trying to understand about the Ris incidence: I know, that if I take a lousy photo (one that makes the person on the other side of the camera look not so nice) I would delete it rather than show it to the world. People have asked me about wanting to be shot from this side or that side because its their best side.

If I took that "photo" of Ris, I wouldn't have put it up for the world to look at what is a funny incident (I personally see the incident as funny, nothing to do with Ris being able to speak proper English / Sing-ish or whatever). That video didn't make Ris look nice.

Which one of us would do that to our children or spouses?

-- Marios

Not to count like this Japanese guy?

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    The French speak English with their unique French accent, and so do the Russians, Japs, Koreans etc. And they do it with their fair share of pronunciation inaccuracies etc.

well...french accents or other accents for that matter is the difference in the sound stressing of their words, with replacements (sometimes) of english words with french equivalents. an english sentence will sound totally different when spoken by an irish lad and cockney gal, but grammatically, they are correct.
    what ris did was, not only her accent is a forced one with tonal ranges flying all over the place and her speech content...i'm surprised i eve finished listening!
    Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    Not to count like this Japanese guy?

eh, this one deliberate one lor...trying to elicit a laugh out of the contestants...lol...its funny.
    おれのflickrださ

I dun think it matters what language/dialect Ris speaks.
    Its painfully obvious that she lacks basic public speaking skills and wit. She over-compensates by trying to be 'interesting' and trying to fake a god-only-knows accent. Her mannerism and poise needs to be polished as well.
    Frankly she is no different from those American teenage bimbos you see on the numerous trashy progams on MTV. Sure they speak in relatively perfect English. But 30 secs into hearing them speak and I want to reach for a shotgun.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8161816&ref=nf

All you fans of Rissie...

Come join join.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8161816&ref=nf

All you fans of Rissie...

Come join join.

I think we have learned enough ... thank you!
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123