Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59

Thread: SG F1 night race essentials

  1. #21

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by KY1977 View Post
    Tripods and monopods will only be allowed in the general walkabout areas and not into the grandstands
    Rubbish!!! They said the same thing last year and the place was packed with monopods.
    Alpha

  2. #22

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    best is to bring your camera to practice there. the lights are now on at night.

  3. #23

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Used 70-210mmF4 last year ISO400 and so far got some results.
    see here-> http://www.flickr.com/photos/cthep2/...7607263698677/

    A 70-200F2.8 of course is better specially when using @ wide open to make the fences invisible in your shots.

    Didn't bring tripod last year as seems not that necessary (for me at least) as you need to do some panning shots and jock for better position.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West side
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by cthep2 View Post
    Used 70-210mmF4 last year ISO400 and so far got some results.
    see here-> http://www.flickr.com/photos/cthep2/...7607263698677/

    A 70-200F2.8 of course is better specially when using @ wide open to make the fences invisible in your shots.

    Didn't bring tripod last year as seems not that necessary (for me at least) as you need to do some panning shots and jock for better position.
    Hi! Is this 70-200 mm F4L? If yes then it's good enough. And nice set of shots there btw.I guess I wont be bringing my tripod then. Thanks for the reply and are u pinoy?

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West side
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    hey I am joking about the 600mm F2.8....it is still on the drawing board if it is ever going to be produced.
    Hi Lightning!

    Haha! I know that there's 600mm F4. But u got me there. hehe.

  6. #26
    Member kkenji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    singapore...yio chu kang
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    is anyone going on the 25th ?? i bought the walkabout then !

  7. #27

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by man415 View Post
    Hi! Is this 70-200 mm F4L? If yes then it's good enough. And nice set of shots there btw.I guess I wont be bringing my tripod then. Thanks for the reply and are u pinoy?
    This is Minolta's 70-210mmF4 bro, I've used an old cam some more with my Alpha A100 thus used ISO400. Now with my A700, I hope to get better shots
    The lighting is good for panning already as you can see from the exif of my shots.
    Yes bro, pinoy here..you?

  8. #28

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Hi everyone .. another noob question .. where to buy cheap and good ear-plugs ah ? circuit itself or outside. Appreciate the help

  9. #29

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    Hi everyone .. another noob question .. where to buy cheap and good ear-plugs ah ? circuit itself or outside. Appreciate the help
    i would say to get the ear plugs before the actual race, somewhere @ shops outside
    last year, they do sell it just outside/inside e race but it was expensive

  10. #30

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    last year they sell the earplug+poncho @ $2.00/set there for charity, so i suppose they will sell it again this year.

  11. #31

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    thanks icestrike and cthep2 .. i guess better to buy b4hand .... any place to recommend anyone ?

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by kkenji View Post
    is anyone going on the 25th ?? i bought the walkabout then !
    I am thinking of getting the Friday walkabout as well but not sure what is going on on Friday? Will there be grid girls or practice sessions on the 25th?

    Anyone kindly advise.

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,080

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    I am thinking of getting the Friday walkabout as well but not sure what is going on on Friday? Will there be grid girls or practice sessions on the 25th?

    Anyone kindly advise.
    i know they were around on the race day itself @ the starting pt..

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by syc77 View Post
    i know they were around on the race day itself @ the starting pt..
    err...so what's happening on the 25th Friday? Seems like only walkabout tickets available now...

  15. #35

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    err...so what's happening on the 25th Friday? Seems like only walkabout tickets available now...
    25th is just a practice day! Aside from F1,there are supporting races practice too. Last year there are the Porsche, Aston Martin and F3. Practice time for photographer for panning shots too

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West side
    Posts
    103

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by cthep2 View Post
    This is Minolta's 70-210mmF4 bro, I've used an old cam some more with my Alpha A100 thus used ISO400. Now with my A700, I hope to get better shots
    The lighting is good for panning already as you can see from the exif of my shots.
    Yes bro, pinoy here..you?
    Hi Bro Noypi din! I'm expecting my canon 70-200mm F4L would be able to get some good shots as it's F4 also and to test the ISO capability of my 50D. Slmat!

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by cthep2 View Post
    25th is just a practice day! Aside from F1,there are supporting races practice too. Last year there are the Porsche, Aston Martin and F3. Practice time for photographer for panning shots too
    Think all walkabout tickets sold out. Tough luck. Have to buy earlier next year.

  18. #38

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by DiGdUb View Post
    best is to bring your camera to practice there. the lights are now on at night.
    Should have use the light to shoot some portraiture and passing cars to check for white balance etc.

  19. #39

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    Quote Originally Posted by zero o View Post
    thanks icestrike and cthep2 .. i guess better to buy b4hand .... any place to recommend anyone ?
    Buy there and do your part for charity. Its only $2 and those plugs are fantastic.
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

  20. #40

    Default Re: SG F1 night race essentials

    yeah, since it is for charity then get there is better..and it comes with a poncho (hope still comes with it).
    btw, dun forget to bring a black big trash bag for emergency purposes, it will become handy specially when there's a sudden downpour (we can get wet but not the equipments)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •