Thread: Mt Fuji

Default Mt Fuji

Need some advice on how to DIY to Mt Fuji from Tokyo and $$. What lens is good at the 5th station?

Default Re: Mt Fuji

Quote Originally Posted by kosasih View Post
    Need some advice on how to DIY to Mt Fuji from Tokyo and $$. What lens is good at the 5th station?
    your intention is to shoot mt fuji or shoot from mt fuji?

Quote Originally Posted by teowws View Post
    your intention is to shoot mt fuji or shoot from mt fuji?
    Hey, any place to shoot mount fuji not from mount fuji. I'm going Japan at the end of the year, not sure if i know it would be a good time to shoot mount fuji though. Any advice?

Planning to go to the 5th station so need to know if there is a good place to shoot Mt Fuji from there also the type of lens. If you have the cost to go to the 5th station DIY?

Quote Originally Posted by thengz View Post
    Hey, any place to shoot mount fuji not from mount fuji. I'm going Japan at the end of the year, not sure if i know it would be a good time to shoot mount fuji though. Any advice?
    Think a good place to go to shoot mt fuji is to go to Mt Tenjo via a ropeway (cablecar) at Fuji five lake area.But i think wintertime chances of clear view is higher than in other season. What i do is to check the fuji internet webcam and see if that day is clear early in the morning and prepare to rush down

Pic is taken from mt Tenjo if i remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by kosasih View Post
    Planning to go to the 5th station so need to know if there is a good place to shoot Mt Fuji from there also the type of lens. If you have the cost to go to the 5th station DIY?
    If you are planning to go to the popular Kawaguchi 5th Station, then you are too close for a good shot of the summit as you will be looking up. There is a spot near the row of buildings at the square of the 5th station for a shot. Mt Fuji is best taken from a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    If you are planning to go to the popular Kawaguchi 5th Station, then you are too close for a good shot of the summit as you will be looking up. There is a spot near the row of buildings at the square of the 5th station for a shot. Mt Fuji is best taken from a distance.
    but it is often cloudy. I think I have been to fuji area 3 times, only see it once. The other two times cloudy.

Pic taken on the Shinkansen near Mishima. Fortunately the train was taking a scheduled stop and was able to shoot a series od pics

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphot...145480&cat=501

Take a bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchi-ko. (1600yen approx) 1.5 hr bus ride. There, rent a bicycle or go trek around the lake, and u'll find TONS of spots to shoot Mt. Fuji. Most of the Fuji film annual competitions are held in this area. Go during sakura season and u'll find TONS of old men with 4x5s lining up to shoot Mt fuji with the sakuras. Lodging there's good with a few dormitories offering rooms for around 30-40usd (shared) per night.

I took these last month from Gotemba Premium Outlet. Clear view that day but not very nice though. Looks very bare as there's no snow on the submit.

I second Kawaguchiko.
    You can shoot Mt Fuji in any season, but I'd skip summer when in rains too often.
    My experiences with Kawaguchiko is that you have to be an early riser (as with any proper landscape photography). I'd recommend you get to your spot at 5 or 5:30 depending on the season. You really need to get to the spot before 7am, when the cloud starts coming in, and wind starts to pick up and creates waves on the lake that distracts the picture. Not to mention the sky will be brighter meaning you will either underexpose the lake, or overexpose the mountain.

There are other places to shoot mount fuji of course. But if you get there at the usual tourist time (after breakfast and before dinner) you will get the standard photo most tourists take of Mt Fuji.

Quote Originally Posted by F5user View Post
    Take a bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchi-ko. (1600yen approx) 1.5 hr bus ride. There, rent a bicycle or go trek around the lake, and u'll find TONS of spots to shoot Mt. Fuji. Most of the Fuji film annual competitions are held in this area. Go during sakura season and u'll find TONS of old men with 4x5s lining up to shoot Mt fuji with the sakuras. Lodging there's good with a few dormitories offering rooms for around 30-40usd (shared) per night.
    Leicanaut & Nikonaut @ http://nangka.org/events