Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

  1. #1

    Default My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Hi all, I'm currently using a Nikon D5000 18-55mm lens. I wonder why the camera do not allow me to snap a pic when I tried to zoom the subject to max and using the max apeture. I'm trying to capture a flower with the background very blur. I was focusing from a very near position from my subject.

    Could anyone give me some advise?

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    You may have been too close to your subject, such that the camera can't focus.
    Try moving a little back.

  3. #3
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,420

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Every lens has a minimum focusing distance. If you get closer then the focus of the camera cannot lock - which means in all modes where focus lock is required the camera will not take the picture. Go back a bit. For close-up shots you can get respective filters (Raynox) or a real macro lens.
    EOS

  4. #4

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    if your camera does not allow you to snap, it means it is the boss, not you. pull up your trousers and snap anyway.

  5. #5

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Many people buy a DSLR thinking that the kit lens can do macro shots. These are then the same people who you see at restaurants or coffee shops, constantly trying to get the macro shot of their food/drink but never getting a good, sharp picture.

    It's because you don't understand the limitations of the kit lens. It's not a macro lens. Part and parcel of owning a DSLR is buying the right lens/filter for the job.
    Alpha

  6. #6

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    min focusing distance problem.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    In addition to the minimum focusing distance problem, I believe it's also a problem of Release Priority or Focus Priority. Right?
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Way too close to the subject. Either step back, zoom closer, or buy a macro lens

  9. #9
    Member HHenrYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    if cannot ,
    switch to manual focus and see if can snap.

    if can,
    means is minimum AF distance problem..
    Always a pleasant smile when we look back at our own photos.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    You do manual focus definitely can shoot. sometimes, it's because the camera sends out the "red" light that can't determined the focus subject, therefore can't shoot as well. i had this problem when i shoot in the dark too.

  11. #11

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    wow thanks alot peeps for ur reply. I tried to move back...then I couldn't get the "macro" effect. I guess I shd get a macro len for those close up right?

  12. #12

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    haha.. at first i was quite frustrated with the same problem
    but after playing around i realise
    i juz have to move back and zoom in

    18-55 gives **** macro
    but good enough if we're talking about huge chunks of food
    Canon EOS 500D|BG-E5|18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit| 50mm f/1.8 II | 17-40mm f/4L | 580EXII
    HOLGA GCFN 120

  13. #13
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnzila View Post
    wow thanks alot peeps for ur reply. I tried to move back...then I couldn't get the "macro" effect. I guess I shd get a macro len for those close up right?
    hehehehe DSLR + kit lens is not a wonder combo! Otherwise why would they make the lenses interchangeable??

    You need THIS


    or THIS



    or one of many others... some of the 3rd party manufacturers produce macro lenses as well.
    Exploring! :)

  14. #14

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnzila View Post
    Hi all, I'm currently using a Nikon D5000 18-55mm lens. I wonder why the camera do not allow me to snap a pic when I tried to zoom the subject to max and using the max apeture. I'm trying to capture a flower with the background very blur. I was focusing from a very near position from my subject.

    Could anyone give me some advise?

    Thank you!
    Kit lens can, need to invest a cheap extension tube. (comes in 12mm, 25mm etc) . Hollowtube that comes inbetween u lens and body.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Diavonex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Admiralty
    Posts
    3,641

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    A $25 close-up lens/filter will also do the job; pse. correct me if I'm wrong.

  16. #16
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by JW73 View Post
    Kit lens can, need to invest a cheap extension tube. (comes in 12mm, 25mm etc) . Hollowtube that comes inbetween u lens and body.
    Hollow-tube might mean no electrical connection between camera and lens, so everything is manual, including focusing, metering, etc.
    That may or may not be to the TS' expectations.
    Close-up filters is an unknown area to me Not into macro
    Exploring! :)

  17. #17

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    hehehehe DSLR + kit lens is not a wonder combo! Otherwise why would they make the lenses interchangeable??

    You need THIS


    or THIS



    or one of many others... some of the 3rd party manufacturers produce macro lenses as well.
    What r the specs of these lens?

  18. #18

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Hollow-tube might mean no electrical connection between camera and lens, so everything is manual, including focusing, metering, etc.
    That may or may not be to the TS' expectations.
    Close-up filters is an unknown area to me Not into macro
    Have connection. When i say hollow tube, it is not to be confused with the teleconverter.

  19. #19

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by johnzila View Post
    What r the specs of these lens?
    One is the 60mm micro lens, the other is the 105mm micro lens.
    Alpha

  20. #20
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,420

    Default Re: My Camera Doesn't Not Allow Me To Snap.

    Quote Originally Posted by JW73 View Post
    Have connection. When i say hollow tube, it is not to be confused with the teleconverter.
    There are two versions. The cheaper tubes come without any electrical connections. Here you have the issue as ZerocoolAstra mentioned. For Canon EF and Nikon G lenses that's an issue because you can't adjust aperture manually. For Canon I know a workaround, not sure how that works for Nikon.
    But there are also (more expensive) tubes that have electrical connections to pass through the communication between lens and body. Just a question of price tag.
    EOS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •