It's Back! Singapore will once again host the world's only night race in Formula 1.
We launched the “Spirit of the Race” photo competition with Seagate Technology for ClubSNAP members last year with much success. Hundreds of entries were received and the quality of the photography was outstanding!
This year, we are bringing the competition back with our friends at Seagate Technology to give ClubSNAP members a chance to be part of the Formula 1 action once again.
As we all know, without digital storage there is no digital photography – so here’s your chance to win some of the best of class external hard drives for your storage needs. Seagate Technology have given us a range of six of their award-winning FreeAgent™ Go external hard disk drives as prizes for the best photos submitted by ClubSNAP members.
The competition seeks to capture the ‘Spirit’ of the race in Singapore – not just the race itself but the excitement and activities around Singapore. We are looking for photos that show how the event has captured the hearts and the imagination of Singaporeans. Whether its street celebrations, race day parties, the preparations, corporate functions, or just people out and about enjoying the excitement – it’s all about capturing the unique qualities Singapore brings to this international event.
First place winner will receive a Seagate 2 Terabyte FreeAgent™ Desk Drive and the five runner- ups will each receive a Seagate 320GB FreeAgent™ Go Drive with Dock and Case.
Five runner-up prizes:-
Read on for more details!
ClubSNAP “Spirit of the Race” Photography Competition 2009
A) General Information
- Sole Sponsor – Seagate Singapore International Headquarters Pte. Ltd., 7000 Ang Mo Kio Avenue, Singapore 569877 (“Seagate Technology”)
- Organizer - ClubSNAP Photography Community
- Competition Format – One winning and four runner-up photographs will be selected as best capturing the ‘Spirit of the Race’ by a judging panel consisting of representatives of ClubSNAP and Seagate Technology.
- The winning entry will receive a Seagate 2 Terabyte FreeAgent™ Desk Drive
- Five runner-up entries will be selected with the winners each receiving a Seagate 320GB FreeAgent™ | Go Drive with Dock and Case
- The closing date for submissions of entries is October 15, 2009
- The ClubSNAP “Spirit of the Race” competition is open to all registered members of ClubSNAP Photography Community, up to and including appointed Moderators. The Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant.
- Employees of the Sponsor and its agents and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- ClubSNAP Administrators and Moderators who are selected as Judges for this competition are not eligible to enter.
- To enter, eligible entrants must submit original digital work(s) taken in Singapore around the Formula 1 race in 2009.
- Images entered into the competition must have been taken by the entrant and possess all the necessary rights belonging to the entrant.
- Images which have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible for entry.
C) Submitting Entries
- An Entry Submission thread will be published inside the ClubSNAP Forums and a corresponding section in the ClubSNAP Gallery will be opened to accept images.
- To enter the competition, entrants must upload their entries to the correct section in the ClubSNAP Gallery.
- Multiple entries are allowed (up to a maximum of 3 images), but each must be uploaded separately. Further, one entrant is not allowed to win more than one prize.
- Submission and uploading of image(s) to the Competition Gallery indicates that the photographer has agreed to the terms and conditions of the competition.
- By submitting their entry, the entrant:
- Warrants that the entrant's submission and digital work is original and does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- Agrees that if their entry is later found to have breached or infringed copyright or rights of any third party, they will assume full legal and moral responsibility for their entry.
Additionally if their entry was selected to win they agree to return, at their own cost, all prizes received;
D) File Format and Required Digital Information
- Maximum size per JPEG image accepted is 400KB
- All images submitted must have the following information listed in the submission in the comments column, as well as have EXIF information intact and showing the following information :-
- Aperture information
- Shutter speed information
- Original image must be from a 3 Megapixel camera or better. Film Users can enter scanned photos of the appropriate size.
- Winners will be required to submit the original image to ClubSNAP before their prizes can be collected, failing which the entry will be disqualified and the prize forfeited.
- If a scanned film entry is chosen as a winner, a higher-resolution scan of at least 1200x1800 pixels must be submitted to ClubSNAP prior to award of prize(s). Failure to comply will result in disqualification and forfeit of prize(s).
- No watermarks, identifying marks or signature will be allowed for images entered into the Competition.
E) Image Editing and Enhancement
- Image enhancements may be applied to optimize an entry for the Competition.
- There must not be any significant removal or addition of elements in the image. To clarify:-
- Adjustments to color, saturation, contrast, brightness and sharpening are allowed.
- Cropping of images is allowed.
- Cloning must be limited to general cleaning work - significant addition or removal of elements in the composition is prohibited.
- Dodging and burning is permitted.
- Perspective adjustments for correction of lens distortion is permitted.
- A Panel of Judges comprised of the ClubSNAP Administrators and representatives from Seagate Technology will determine the winning entries.
- The winners will be those that are voted by the Panel of Judges to be the most creative and original entries.
- The decision of the Panel of Judges is final.
- The organizers will not enter into any correspondence regarding the judging or organization of the competition.
- ClubSNAP members are advised to update their particulars (especially their email address) in their profiles to avoid any breakdown in communications.
- Competition winners will be announced via email and ClubSNAP alert by 31st October 2009.
- If there is no response from the winner by 30th November 2009, the status will be revoked and the entry deemed null and void.
- The Entrant
- The entrant must be the sole author and owner of copyright, intellectual property and all other proprietary rights for the image(s) entered into the Competition.
- Photographers retain full copyright of all images entered into the Competition.
- It is the legal responsbility of the Entrant, and not the organizers or sole sponsor, to ensure compliance with all ownership and copyright requirements, and own the rights to reproduce the image(s).
- Entries that do not fulfil the above criteria will be deemed ineligible and will be disqualified.
- The Organizer and Sponsor
- The Sole Sponsor (“Seagate Technology”) and Organizer (ClubSNAP) reserve the non-exclusive right and royalty-free licence, for a limited period ending 31st December 2010, to publish, reproduce, display, distribute and show the entrant's submission for the following purposes:
- operating, administering and promoting the competition;
- displaying the entrant's submission on this competition website and/or the Sponsor's website;
- issuing a media release or making media pitches with images regarding the winning entries.
- In all cases where such images are used, the sponsor and organizer reserve the right to do so without obtaining the further prior permission of the winner, and without offering any further compensation of any form. However, where any image is reproduced in print, the photographer will be credited.
- The organizers and sponsor reserve the right to change or add to the prizes and substitute with a comparable alternative. Any changes will be posted on the competition website. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash equivalent will be offered. If the quality of entries falls below the required standard, the organizers and sponsor reserve the right not to award a prize/prizes.
- Images are uploaded at the photographer’s own risk and the organizers regret they cannot accept any liability for the unauthorized duplication or use of images submitted to the Competition Gallery.
K) Agreement to Abide By Competitions Rules, Terms & Conditions
- Submission and Uploading of an image to the specified Competition Gallery indicates to the Organizer and Sponsor that the Entrant has read and agreed with the Terms & Conditions of this Photography Competition.
The organizer and sponsor reserves the right to amend or modify the above terms and conditions of the Competition as required, wherein adequate notification and announcement on the changes will be made known to the Entrants and members in a reasonable manner.