Thread: Digital workflow - How do you process/store your RAW images?

Default Digital workflow - How do you process/store your RAW images?

Interested to learn how everyone here processes/stores their digital images esp RAW images.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney2K
    Interested to learn how everyone here processes/stores their digital images esp RAW images.
    I'm using a 300D. I shoot in RAW (except for record snapshots) and convert them using PhaseOne CaptureONE DRebel Edition 1.3. Pictures are output to Photoshop for further manipulation/resize if necessary as 8-bit TIFFs (don't have the PC muscle to do 16-bit TIFFs yet). Files are stored on a portable HDD (just in case the PC crashes, I can still bring the HDD to another terminal), and archived on CDRs/DVD-Rs. My monitor is calibrated with Colorvision's Spyder/photoCAL (would have preferred optiCAL if I had more $$ -- photography is an expensive hobby!).

Thanks teL
    I fully agree that photography is an expensive hobby esp digital.

A question if you do not mind.

Is Capture One is better than Abode Raw for conversion?

I find that CaptureONE gives a lot more options to tweak compared to Adobe RAW. The general feel is that the workflow is smoother despite having to switch applications (to PS) after the file is processed. Personally, I like especially the "Film (extra shadows)" profile which is excellent in bringing out details in the darker areas of the shot without overblowing the highlights.