Thread: 10D for winter shots... advice???

Talking 10D for winter shots... advice???

Hi all DLSR experts

I will be bringing my 10D for cold winter shots. It would be carried from tropical Singapore to cold snowing winter in Northern Asia ...

Any safe advise concerning battery life, humidity, condensation problem, thermal shock problem, etc...etc please?

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by birefringence
    Hi all DLSR experts

I will be bringing my 10D for cold winter shots. It would be carried from tropical Singapore to cold snowing winter in Northern Asia ...

Any safe advise concerning battery life, humidity, condensation problem, thermal shock problem, etc...etc please?

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!
    I was at korea at december last year. Well the battery life will go down but it did not bother me as much i had backup and most of the time the battery din even run out after 1 day of shooting. Humidity will not be much of a problem as in cold countries humidity is very low. As for condensation problem, just don't allow your camera to have sudden temperature change especially from cold to warm places. Just place your camera in a ziplock bag then allow the temperature to adjust slowly. But don't worry to much... u have to worry more about your hands it will be freezing out there if you take off your gloves to take pictures.