Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Icy World II - Abstracts

  1. #1
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Icy World II - Abstracts

    Icy World I
    Icy World III
    Icy World Gallery

    Mother and Child


    Fishes


    Bear


    Cat
    Last edited by ziploc; 3rd January 2004 at 07:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    My Heart is with You

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    I like these 2, simple but yet abstract enough. Can really see the mum with the baby in her tummy, interesting!

    Mother and Child


    Fishes



    For the bear and cat (can't figure out the cat though) shots, personally find them a little messy with strong and dominating lines which I find not as harmonous at the top 2 pictures.

    The heart picture looks somewhat flat to me.

    But good job nevertheless for getting the exposure spot on for such tricky subject. I guess a DSLR with preview does help a little...
    Last edited by jasphotography; 3rd January 2004 at 09:42 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Thanks for the comments Jas.

    These pictures were taken at the side of a frozen lake at about 4500m above sea level. I was walking around the lake looking at the frozen bubbles when I noticed these shapes. Yup a DSLR did help in getting the exposure, although most of the work was done by Nikon's excellent matrix metering system.

    For the cat, it's mouth is the white patch at the bottom. The small dark bubble above that is it's eye, amd the leave and the white triangle near the top center form it's ear.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc
    Thanks for the comments Jas.

    These pictures were taken at the side of a frozen lake at about 4500m above sea level. I was walking around the lake looking at the frozen bubbles when I noticed these shapes. Yup a DSLR did help in getting the exposure, although most of the work was done by Nikon's excellent matrix metering system.
    Did you not compensate the exposure for the above ice and snow shots and rely on Nikon's Matrix Metering?


    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc
    For the cat, it's mouth is the white patch at the bottom. The small dark bubble above that is it's eye, amd the leave and the white triangle near the top center form it's ear.
    Still can't get it. Guess I am not artistic enough...

  6. #6
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasphotography
    Did you not compensate the exposure for the above ice and snow shots and rely on Nikon's Matrix Metering?
    No I didn't make any compensation at all. The mode I used was aperture priority with matrix metering w/o any compensation. I guess Nikon's matrix metering has matured enough not to be fooled by the snow scene. For the last shot ("My Heart is with You") the picture actually turned out a little bluish, which I corrected in PS, but that is the problem of S2's white balance.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •