Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567

Thread: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

Sigh...virus, trojan....all that can only happen to PC. Wonder why apple did not sponsor the event this year. For the past 5 years when they are using Mac, they do not have such problem. My photo for the first assignment was "cut" from my card. The lady did not do a "copy and paste" function. Sigh.....now my first photo is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    That's also part of the reason why i never bothered to take part in these photomarathons. I just go there accompany friends and shoot for fun.
    Just quarantine or remove the trojan entirely.
    good point! Done that! now reformatting whole memory card and i juz burnt all the images straight to a DVD , don't wish to xfer to com in fear of other happenings
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    WOW! lucky I didnt join this year ... Good lucks guys. Hope none of your cameras are affected by the Virus.
    camera got infected? possible? BTW Mac user wun get it?
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

Well. My macbook doesn't detect any virus. Need to check in office on monday but I find that the printing station anyhow handle my CF. As most of laptop now need to eject the card before removing, the person who handle my didn't do it. THEY JUZ UNMOUNT IT FROM THE READER. Lucky my card is still able to read.
    Canon 7D 17-40mm 4 70-200mm 4

Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    good point! Done that! now reformatting whole memory card and i juz burnt all the images straight to a DVD , don't wish to xfer to com in fear of other happenings
    I did a normal transfer to my laptop and no probs at all.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by wwjd82 View Post
    Well. My macbook doesn't detect any virus. Need to check in office on monday but I find that the printing station anyhow handle my CF. As most of laptop now need to eject the card before removing, the person who handle my didn't do it. THEY JUZ UNMOUNT IT FROM THE READER. Lucky my card is still able to read.
    Fortunately my CF card still ok. Next time i won't transfer anymore pics in this event. It's the first and last time.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    I am also very disappointed with how they managed our memory cards.

After copying into their laptop, they just pluck out the memory card without even Click on 'Safely Remove Hardware'. What happens if the card is still in the reading process, there goes my memory card.

These people should be trained to handle things properly instead of just employing them to copy files without proper usage knowledge.
    Unplug while reading still OK. But Unplug while writing is disaster! Most of the card damage is when the card is writing..

Quote Originally Posted by hktan View Post
    Unplug while reading still OK. But Unplug while writing is disaster! Most of the card damage is when the card is writing..
    They won't unplug while writing lah, but unplug while reading is just as bad.

That's also part of the reason why i never bothered to take part in these photomarathons. I just go there accompany friends and shoot for fun.
    Hahaha ... u are rite!! i got better things to do too.

seriously if a card can be corrupted just because wasnt "ejected" properly .....something wrong with the design. I use cards of various brands and very very rarely ever do a proper eject and still they work fine.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

same here... sometimes if in a hurry i dont bother to eject properly just unplug the card or the thumbdrive and so far i never had any faulty card/thumbdrive, just a lost one :P
    Nikon D90 + AF-S Nikkor 18-105mm3.5-5.6 VR

Quote Originally Posted by StarAlliance View Post
    Hahaha ... u are rite!! i got better things to do too.
    Yeah. This time is becos i'm free. Last year's one i never attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    seriously if a card can be corrupted just because wasnt "ejected" properly .....something wrong with the design. I use cards of various brands and very very rarely ever do a proper eject and still they work fine.
    Never take it for granted.

So jialat meh? My cf card didn't catch anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    For Vista/Xp still ok. but i cannot guarantee for Win2k.

Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    Ok guys, There is a virus detected in my card at the moment BUT I am not sure if it's the virus at the stations. This is it. Detected by AVS and Norton.

OBJECT NAME J:\autorun.inf
    DETECTION NAME: Virus indentified Worm/AutoRun.BR
    OBJECT TYPE: file
    SDK: Core
    Result: Moved to Virus Vault
    This is a SD Card virus. By default your PC will enable autoplay for all media and devices, so if your PC read this SD Card you sure kenna this virus. It will add a startup program which will spread the virus to all the external HDD and SD cards you plug to your PC.

To kill in manually you need to use software explorer under windows defender to check for a suspicious startup program that doesn't have a company name, remove the entry from the list of startuo programs. Next remove the file physically from your harddisk. To prevent your PC from getting the virus in the future, disable autoplay for all media and devices under default programs.

My CF card also kenna aDmiNistraTor.exe virus I think... jialat liao
    Love and Peace

since canon photomarathon ended...

this thread also end b4 mod shift it to kopitiam.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2567