Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 138

Thread: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Care to elaborate on the virus. I think i got the guy with the virus cos his com had to copy the photos out to the desktop, which i found was wierd. Please elaborate before i plug it into my computer.

  2. #102
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Ok guys, There is a virus detected in my card at the moment BUT I am not sure if it's the virus at the stations. This is it. Detected by AVS and Norton.

    OBJECT NAME J:\autorun.inf
    DETECTION NAME: Virus indentified Worm/AutoRun.BR
    OBJECT TYPE: file
    SDK: Core
    Result: Moved to Virus Vault

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by flashbug View Post
    Hello. Would like to share some information to those that attended the Canon 2009 Photomarathon.

    Please scan your memory card as some of the laptop seems to be infected with a virus.
    There is another thread talking regarding this virus, and I am also affected by this virus.

    url to the other clubsnap thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=photomarathon

    Please spread the word and format your card to be safe!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Yeah, my friend transferred his and one of his shot became corrupted!
    1 CANON lady dropped my lexar card on the floor after xferring and my d700 can't view it! needa use my computer later
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    1 CANON lady dropped my lexar card on the floor after xferring and my d700 can't view it! needa use my computer later
    I feel that the people doing those photos downloading handle stuffs quite roughly.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Fernvale Road, Sengkang
    Posts
    395

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    I kena Trojan Horse Dropper.Generic.ADEL and Worm Downadup, both from different notebooks... urrghh!!!
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos

  6. #106

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    I am also very disappointed with how they managed our memory cards.

    After copying into their laptop, they just pluck out the memory card without even Click on 'Safely Remove Hardware'. What happens if the card is still in the reading process, there goes my memory card.

    These people should be trained to handle things properly instead of just employing them to copy files without proper usage knowledge.

  7. #107

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    I am also very disappointed with how they managed our memory cards.

    After copying into their laptop, they just pluck out the memory card without even Click on 'Safely Remove Hardware'. What happens if the card is still in the reading process, there goes my memory card.

    These people should be trained to handle things properly instead of just employing them to copy files without proper usage knowledge.
    I also quite disappointed haizzz had spend an hour or so just to scan my PC. And reformat the card too....
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

  8. #108

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    haha cant blame them la.. some external cardreaders when safely remove will remove the whole card reader.. means need to pluck in USB again, detect reader, then detect card.. thats wad happens to my lousy card reader lol! so since they each need to process hundreds of photos cant expect them to do it huh.. jus pluck out wun hav big harm ba.. corrupt mus admit suey

  9. #109
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    I am also very disappointed with how they managed our memory cards.

    After copying into their laptop, they just pluck out the memory card without even Click on 'Safely Remove Hardware'. What happens if the card is still in the reading process, there goes my memory card.

    These people should be trained to handle things properly instead of just employing them to copy files without proper usage knowledge.
    Precisely!!! I transferred twice today and TWICE they did that!!! Earlier scanned my 8GB Extreme III for any errors and found none, now doing a deep system scan together with my laptop drives.

    If anything were to happen to my CF card i'll hold them responsible.
    Last edited by Snoweagle; 10th October 2009 at 11:49 PM.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  10. #110

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    I kena the damn virus from their stupid laptop!!! I am going to write a complain... Shoot from their Global down.
    Luckily i installed spyware and antivirus to stop these virus in time. Otherwise I don't know what will happen to my clients photo!!!
    Last edited by playplay; 10th October 2009 at 11:48 PM.

  11. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Precisely!!! I transferred twice today and TWIC they did that!!! Earlier scanned my 8GB Extreme III for any errors and found none, now doing a deep system scan together with my laptop drives.

    If anything were to happen to my CF card i'll hold them responsible.
    Yea this is freaking crazy. Hmmmm I think I will write in. This is bad....

  12. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by playplay View Post
    I kena the damn virus from their stupid laptop!!! I am going to write a complain... Shoot from their Global down.
    Luckily i installed spyware and antivirus to stop these virus in time. Otherwise I don't know what will happen to my clients photo!!!
    Dunno the virus come from where one. I think more or less most of the Toshiba laptops have it.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  13. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    They looked like personal laptops too me. That is why. Hmmmm nevermind.... scanned and wrote to them. Hope that they will do something for us.

  14. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    They looked like personal laptops too me. That is why. Hmmmm nevermind.... scanned and wrote to them. Hope that they will do something for us.
    No they're not as all are similar types. I supposed sponsored by Toshiba.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  15. #115
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I feel that the people doing those photos downloading handle stuffs quite roughly.
    true true i agree , even my little cousin 5 years old can do things better than them, this could be because they have a certain time limit to adhere to(imo) ! furthermore i think the judging was
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  16. #116

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Hmmm lets concentrate on more important things first, scanning, format card etc salvage wat can be save first.
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

  17. #117
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    BUKIT PANJANG
    Posts
    1,997

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    No they're not as all are similar types. I supposed sponsored by Toshiba.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringwraiths View Post
    Hmmm lets concentrate on more important things first, scanning, format card etc salvage wat can be save first.
    my memory card has been detected with trojan and i think it spread and affected most people cause their coms were networked?
    D800 | D700|16mm f2.8D|35 f1.4G|50 f1.8G|60mm F2.8D|85mm f1.4G|16-35 f4G|70-200 f2.8 VR2| SB900

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    true true i agree , even my little cousin 5 years old can do things better than them, this could be because they have a certain time limit to adhere to(imo) ! furthermore i think the judging was
    That's also part of the reason why i never bothered to take part in these photomarathons. I just go there accompany friends and shoot for fun.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  19. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    Quote Originally Posted by spazzer View Post
    my memory card has been detected with trojan and i think it spread and affected most people cause their coms were networked?
    Just quarantine or remove the trojan entirely.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  20. #120
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Canon Photomarathon 2009 is back

    WOW! lucky I didnt join this year ... Good lucks guys. Hope none of your cameras are affected by the Virus.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •