Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it worth to still get a LX3

Default Re: Is it worth to still get a LX3

After 14 mths since the introduction of LX3, the question of "Is it worth to get or still get a lx3?" is still around. Let me tell you this. LX-3 is the BEST CAMERA OF ALL TIME!!!

kanye west will say that to you, if you ask him too.

Ricoh GR III might be a good alternative =) if you can wait, Leica X1 / cheaper apsc cmos compact will start popping. Might be a sony!! an alpha user =)

I changed my FX580 to a LX3 2 days back and i discover diff btw the 2 with just one day of shooting. The LX3 might be more heavy, bigger, but it gives better results than the FX580 i used to own. FX580 is a cam, you can ask any FX520/580 users, their menus are pack with lots of options for you to play with. IMO, more than that in a LX3. But when you compare the output wise, a few shots in downtown orchard already prove to me that my switch from FX580 to a LX3 was one of the best decision i have ever made. I owned the FX580 for close to 3 months, lost in value when i sold it off, spend another 600+ to get the LX3, but its all worth it.

I am thinking of getting another LX3 actually... my wife is hoarding the current one.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Go get it! ~

i have sucuumbed and bought my LX3 today! right after i saw the GF1 on display along citylink mall i decided immediately to get my LX3 after weeks of deliberation... just because...

thank God i managed to find it in millenia walk... paid $699 even though it's tagged at $799... and i paid additional $72 for extended warranty...

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    I am thinking of getting another LX3 actually... my wife is hoarding the current one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok95 View Post
    Go get it! ~
    Yes, go get it before it's gone/sold out again and have to wait and wait again...
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Quote Originally Posted by allywendy View Post
    i have sucuumbed and bought my LX3 today! right after i saw the GF1 on display along citylink mall i decided immediately to get my LX3 after weeks of deliberation... just because...

thank God i managed to find it in millenia walk... paid $699 even though it's tagged at $799... and i paid additional $72 for extended warranty...
    Well, just curious as in why you said "...just because..."? Hmm...what makes you finally acquired your LX3 instead of GF1...
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

may i know the exact location? need a wide angle 24mm PnS badly for a holiday trip.

Millenia walk...Hmm...tagged at S$799??

Maybe is....HN?

Anyway, looking at the number of new LX3 users, yap, this camera is worth the moola.

Quote Originally Posted by iNotion View Post
    After 14 mths since the introduction of LX3, the question of "Is it worth to get or still get a lx3?" is still around. Let me tell you this. LX-3 is the BEST CAMERA OF ALL TIME!!!

kanye west will say that to you, if you ask him too.
    Kanye West is ********** why would someone take his word?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok95 View Post
    Millenia walk...Hmm...tagged at S$799??

Maybe is....HN?

Anyway, looking at the number of new LX3 users, yap, this camera is worth the moola.
    Yes it is HN, or Harvey Norman.

I bought one LX3 from there recently. The camera definitely worth it.

yep! i got mine from harvey norman... from this grumpy but nice uncle and his uppity assistant.. hahah

i think MS or AP has better deal... comes with screen protector and third party battery at the same price if i'm not wrong.. but always OOS.. or so i assume from this forum... going down to SLS to buy screen protector and hot shoe cover... and hopefully find a cover for it... or i'll settle with hellolulu...

but still hoping for a full body cover like the much coveted leather casing... but i bet it's hard to find too...

Quote Originally Posted by blueskye168 View Post
    Well, just curious as in why you said "...just because..."? Hmm...what makes you finally acquired your LX3 instead of GF1...
    i'm usually quite decisive unlike most girls.. hahaha... so once i set my mind to getting something i will get it.... but GF1 is new you see and i haven't seen it in real life so i wasn't so sure... but once i saw it i knew it's not for me... very hard to explain... no feel? like someone mentioned here that buying a camera is like choosing a girlfriend... hahaha... and i read in one of the forum posts that GF1 is not available locally in white...

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    may i know the exact location? need a wide angle 24mm PnS badly for a holiday trip.
    Hi dreaming... this is specially for you.

I recieved this e-quote from MS colour on the 20th of september... it was stated in the email that this quote is only valid for 7 days.. but i think shouldn't vary too much in a few weeks... but i'm not sure about availability in the store.. u may want to call and check with them first..

LX3--$689(inc.gst) bundle with 8g card, oem battery worth
    $35, lcd protector worth $13.50

hahhaha.. damn.. i paid $10 more... but no battery and screen protector! ahahhhhhhh!!!

Hi dreaming... this is specially for you.

I recieved this e-quote from MS colour on the 20th of september... it was stated in the email that this quote is only valid for 7 days.. but i think shouldn't vary too much in a few weeks... but i'm not sure about availability in the store.. u may want to call and check with them first..

LX3--$689(inc.gst) bundle with 8g card, oem battery worth
    $35, lcd protector worth $13.50

hahhaha.. damn.. i paid $10 more... but no battery and screen protector! ahahhhhhhh!!!
    I got the same set from MScolor too. S$689 is for email quote, S$699 is for walk-in, but free gifts still the same.

You already got the set, so no point thinking about the free gifts. Best thing now is to enjoy the LX3! ^^

i'm usually quite decisive unlike most girls.. hahaha... so once i set my mind to getting something i will get it.... but GF1 is new you see and i haven't seen it in real life so i wasn't so sure... but once i saw it i knew it's not for me... very hard to explain... no feel? like someone mentioned here that buying a camera is like choosing a girlfriend... hahaha... and i read in one of the forum posts that GF1 is not available locally in white...
    Well, it's goodto be decisive, why not right

Anyway, haha...it's better to enjoy more with your new-gear than thinking about those freebies, don't you think so......
    Last edited by blueskye168; 5th October 2009 at 10:07 AM.

I've just reserved one set from MS color
    Simplicity, it is just an encapsulation of complexity.

so fast oos again.. i tot their stocks just came onli.. anyway which casing u guys use to keep ur lx3?

Quote Originally Posted by richkid83 View Post
    so fast oos again.. i tot their stocks just came onli.. anyway which casing u guys use to keep ur lx3?
    Hey, I just got one myself and is looking for a casing now too. Appreciate any recommendations.

Anyway, I was walking around in Clementi few days ago and saw the electrical shop there got stock, selling for $699 with 8GB SDHC and lens cleaning kit.
    Olympus EM-1, 7-14/2.8, 12-40/2.8, 40-150/2.8, 17/1.8, 25/1.2, 60/2.8

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast