Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394447484950 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 988

Thread: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

  1. #961
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Well, I'm keeping mum from my MOF... Wack first, talk later .

    becareful... she might keep the lens away from u, or only let u have the lens caps.....

  2. #962
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Good. I'm wondering whether 18-200mm is worthwhile to get.

    But getting it means that it will overlap most of my existing lenses.
    the 30/1.4 is also good for traveling...

  3. #963

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    this piece of glass is nice, cheap and good. must have for those bokeh-sucker.
    Yes it is.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  4. #964
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Yes it is.
    lol.. forget to mention that this fella is also light! want to try?

  5. #965

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    lol.. forget to mention that this fella is also light! want to try?
    You have? Any deal for it?
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  6. #966
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    You have? Any deal for it?
    lol... been using it for ages and it is a cheap replacement for a 35/14L. when used on a certain body, it gives an inherited vignetting which is nice too.

  7. #967

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    lol... been using it for ages and it is a cheap replacement for a 35/14L. when used on a certain body, it gives an inherited vignetting which is nice too.
    Price? How's it against Sigma 50mm f/1.4? The latter seems to be weak in AF?
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  8. #968
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Price? How's it against Sigma 50mm f/1.4? The latter seems to be weak in AF?
    to be frank, i dunno how the siggy 50/1.4 perform.
    but the 30/1.4 is really a gem. price ah... when i got it few years ago, it was like $450, iirc.

  9. #969
    Senior Member NovJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ~Sunny Little Island~
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Good. I'm wondering whether 18-200mm is worthwhile to get.

    But getting it means that it will overlap most of my existing lenses.
    If it overlaps your existing lenses, then I think better not since it is not cheap. However, if you want a travel lens which can cover most of the common ranges, then it is a good to have.

  10. #970

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    the 30/1.4 is also good for traveling...
    Yeah, that's what I'm considering too!
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  11. #971
    Senior Member NovJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ~Sunny Little Island~
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post

    becareful... she might keep the lens away from u, or only let u have the lens caps.....
    Usually, the lens will be in my dry cab before anything happens or even before she finds out . Men have our secrets too .

  12. #972

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    to be frank, i dunno how the siggy 50/1.4 perform.
    but the 30/1.4 is really a gem. price ah... when i got it few years ago, it was like $450, iirc.
    AF's performance? IQ?

    You're using it with which body?
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  13. #973

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    If it overlaps your existing lenses, then I think better not since it is not cheap. However, if you want a travel lens which can cover most of the common ranges, then it is a good to have.
    It is as good as covering my 17-40, 24-105, 28-75, 70-200.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  14. #974
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Everyone listing their wishlist..

    me leh... here it goes..

    16-35 f/2.8 II
    70-200 f/2.8 (considering the non-IS like seriously.. haha)
    7D

  15. #975
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Usually, the lens will be in my dry cab before anything happens or even before she finds out . Men have our secrets too .
    lol....no need to be so secretive... buy and bring back all in a piece. happy happy testing the lens/body (or whatever it is) in the living room while watching tv is really shiok.

  16. #976
    Senior Member NovJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ~Sunny Little Island~
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    It is as good as covering my 17-40, 24-105, 28-75, 70-200.


    No point liao lah... I rather you go for prime lens better. The IQ of 18-200 is not comparable to primes, just a more convenient lens which has normal IQ for walkarounds.

  17. #977
    Senior Member NovJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ~Sunny Little Island~
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Everyone listing their wishlist..

    me leh... here it goes..

    16-35 f/2.8 II
    70-200 f/2.8 (considering the non-IS like seriously.. haha)
    7D
    Whao... I see FF coming ...

  18. #978

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post


    No point liao lah... I rather you go for prime lens better. The IQ of 18-200 is not comparable to primes, just a more convenient lens which has normal IQ for walkarounds.
    Yeah, that's why considering Sigma 30mm. Most probably will just bring along my 28-75mm f/2.8.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  19. #979
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Whao... I see FF coming ...
    Eagle eye..

    Nothing beats FF, yah?.. But not affordable at the moment for me. 7D will suffice my needs for the moment with all the new lenses that I may get if everything goes well.

  20. #980
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 3 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    AF's performance? IQ?

    You're using it with which body?
    AF's performance? - acceptable speed, abit noisy.

    IQ? - i dont pixel peep, but i believe it is usable for printing bigger than 2x2ft. i hv done a 2x2ft canvas print, shot by this fella.

    You're using it with which body? - both.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •