Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why so many Panasonic Lx3 for sale?.. Any new model coming up soon?

Exclamation Why so many Panasonic Lx3 for sale?.. Any new model coming up soon?

Hi newbie looking to buy Panasonic Lx3.

Looking for compact but gd camera quality and hD vdieo recording..

About 700 bucks max.

Default Re: Why so many Panasonic Lx3 for sale?.. Any new model coming up soon?

people might be jumping to the new 4/3rds

People are jumping to GF-1 now.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

hi sorry is the g1f much better and cost wise?

So i assume if i buy lx3 now the price shd fall soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Buz3rd View Post

I wouldn't say better becasue the LX-3 is a PnS cam and the GF-1 is a micro 4/3 cam with interchangable lenses.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by gazkw View Post
    people might be jumping to the new 4/3rds
    Maybe. The Oly E-P1 seems very popular recently.

Dun think it will drop that much cos both are of different league.....
    In the eyes of the beholder!

I think many consumers bought the LX3 because of the good review and not taking into consideration that its a PnS with a semi-SLR function.
    THen when they realised that they can't cope up with the controls because of lack of experience with SLRs, they just tend to sell it and replace it with a real PnS.

Just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    Maybe. The Oly E-P1 seems very popular recently.
    Not for long with the launch of Panasonic GF-1.

The LX3 have very intimidating Menus and Sub-menus.

A beginner will normally mess up the camera settings very quickly.

The first thing they must learn is to reset the camera to factory default.

haha, true...

with the new leica X1 out as well...

looks like LX3's days are over... no doubt still a great compact.
    Pentax K-x

Damn. I was too slow to sell my shares. Everyone is throwing their stocks

Yep, looks like with the Oly Pen and the coming GF1, there would be an exodus of people going for micro 4/3, primarily for its portability. Those who sell off their LX3s may find the zoom function too limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Diavonex View Post
    The LX3 have very intimidating Menus and Sub-menus.
    A beginner will normally mess up the camera settings very quickly.
    The first thing they must learn is to reset the camera to factory default.
    On the contrary, I don't find Lumix menus that intimidating lah; it's pretty straightforward in fact. However, their tiny buttons are intimidating!
    from guitars, cars to dslr...

hi pple..

may i know what is 4/3?

forry newbie here but dun wan to buy wrong stuff..

im lookin for gd photo quality, HD videos, and Zoom sometimes..

So which model Olympus is you guys toking abt?

how much are they costing?

hi pple..

may i know what is 4/3?.....
    Read this:

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/

hmm i hardly think Lx3 to be complicated. i have a lot of friends who use it that have no knowledge about photography stuff like shutter/aperture... they just use like a PNS and deliver relatively good results.

i would say people dumping LX3 could be DSLR users who picked up a compact and are now going towards the m4/3 as a more 'pro' compact.

selling lx3 for lecia x1 is a stretch. lx3 is pretty cheap 600-700+... x1 is like USD2k rrp!

Quote Originally Posted by gazkw View Post
    hmm i hardly think Lx3 to be complicated. i have a lot of friends who use it that have no knowledge about photography stuff like shutter/aperture... they just use like a PNS and deliver relatively good results....
    As long as they leave the Shooting Mode on iA. Might as well buy a cheaper PNS camera.
    Last edited by Diavonex; 9th September 2009 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Six-GHz View Post
    Yep, looks like with the Oly Pen and the coming GF1, there would be an exodus of people going for micro 4/3, primarily for its portability. Those who sell off their LX3s may find the zoom function too limiting.

On the contrary, I don't find Lumix menus that intimidating lah; it's pretty straightforward in fact. However, their tiny buttons are intimidating!
    For those who consider the LX3 zoom function too limiting, might they consider the soon to be launch S90 instead? Still, I think LX3 would make a great back-up camera.
    Canon EOS 40D | EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

I agree with you. I think most consumers who are used to PnS just get the LX3 because they heard alot of good things about it. But after they got it, they find it too bulky or complicated when compared to a typical PnS and they just gave up on it.

For me, I am "downgrading" from a DSLR so I know what to expect and will keep my LX3 for definitely a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by kajoy View Post
    I think many consumers bought the LX3 because of the good review and not taking into consideration that its a PnS with a semi-SLR function.
    THen when they realised that they can't cope up with the controls because of lack of experience with SLRs, they just tend to sell it and replace it with a real PnS.

Just my 2 cents...
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

They bought the LX3 because everybody says it's good but they are not aware that it's a complex camera.

My friend keeps complaining that all the pictures he took of buildings, lamp post and trees are tilted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast