Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

  1. #21

    Default Re: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

    honestly mac will make backing up a lot simpler as well.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    What is "the rest"?

    You can always install the latest Microsoft Office for Mac OS X, and let us not digress to games, since this is about a working machine anyway.
    Yes like office for example. Tried and still preferred windows.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  3. #23
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    What is "the rest"?

    You can always install the latest Microsoft Office for Mac OS X, and let us not digress to games, since this is about a working machine anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Yes like office for example. Tried and still preferred windows.
    Yeah. I am in total agreement with both your points.
    I would prefer to use a MacBook Pro as my laptop (which I have done so). Then get an iMac and add in a Windows OS partition to run my usual working programs (which I have not done so yet).

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Yeah. I am in total agreement with both your points.
    I would prefer to use a MacBook Pro as my laptop (which I have done so). Then get an iMac and add in a Windows OS partition to run my usual working programs (which I have not done so yet).
    I also did consider too. The new snow leopard OS can do that. But the macbook pros are still pretty costly.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  5. #25

    Default Re: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

    eventually I. bought A Fujitsu -5010 and am using it to write this reply. Yes write, not type. its so cool. it can even recognize Chinese characters.真的。没有. Bluff你们。买了过后很开心。早就应该买了。

  6. #26
    Member Cartman2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    1,732

    Default Re: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

    It depends on whether you're comfortable with Mac OS, I guess. I have both Windows and Mac systems but I still prefer to use Windows. Plus, I'm not exactly a big fan of Apple design and the specs seem inadequate for what I pay. Thus, I would buy a Windows system that would better cater to my needs(gaming, internet surfing etc)

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I also did consider too. The new snow leopard OS can do that. But the macbook pros are still pretty costly.
    I hate to say it but you are well outdated. Since Macs went to Intel chips, you can run Windows OS on a Mac.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    I hate to say it but you are well outdated. Since Macs went to Intel chips, you can run Windows OS on a Mac.
    I already knew that more than 2 years ago. And by the way i don't use mac at all.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  9. #29

    Default Re: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

    well. actually i think can get a mac book pro with windows 7. you can have dual OS you see.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: What laptop to buy best for photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by houyin View Post
    well. actually i think can get a mac book pro with windows 7. you can have dual OS you see.
    My dream laptop would be the macbook pro 15" 2.8GHz model with both the snow leopard and win 7 OS.

    But i'll need around $4K.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •