Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any newbie has the same problem as me?

Default Re: Any newbie has the same problem as me?

if you really want to buy, share the cost with another like-minded friend you can trust. then both of you can use the lens as and when you need it. Of course then responsiblitily for taking care of the lens should split also..
    May good light follow wherever you go

400 f/5.6? What do you plan to shoot? Bring to F1 shoot is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tabako View Post
    Yea, and have to use manual to get the same settings. Then go back computer still have to stich. Sigh.
    If like that u might as well be better off with a UWA.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by burningacid View Post
    if you really want to buy, share the cost with another like-minded friend you can trust. then both of you can use the lens as and when you need it. Of course then responsiblitily for taking care of the lens should split also..
    Nah, my friend use my tripod when we go out shooting already so troublesome, dun think i wanna share lens.

400 f5.6 fast enough to shoot F1 meh? F1 at night although very bright lah.

Ok, you have the 50mm prime and you have a 24-105mm. The 50mm is a duplicate focal length but its a fast prime so thats 'ok'
    You probably can go wider and get a 12-24 or 10-20 so you get covered from 10-20 > 24-105mm.

Here are the IFs :
    1. UWA may or may not work for you. 16 -18mm is rather straight forward. Lower than that, it can be harder to use (ie. composition too remote as it pushes bkgnd away, perspective to distant, too much coverage at times)

2. Telephoto is cheaper. With that I mean cheap tele lenses; the 55-200mm, 55-300mm, 70-200mm, 80-300mm, etc that can be had for ~$300 to $500. The UWA will cost around $700-1k.
    Then again, you may want to hold your purse strings for longer and get a fast tele lens (f2.8) which will certainly count when you are already under the strain of a long focal length.

End of the day, it really depends on what you want most and the type of pictures you take.
    Last edited by pinholecam; 9th September 2009 at 02:12 PM.

50D have higher ISO setting right? Boost the ISO, but dont publish 100% crop pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    If i will u...i will try to find ways to come up with dat $$$ n buy them..

otherwise, i would just make do with wat i have...
    钱不是万能... 没钱却是万万不能 (BBB virus moto)

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    agreed with luntut, make full use of your current set up.

FYI, you will learn MORE only when you have limited gears, cause this is the time you will think MORE, try HARD to work within what you have and what you can do.
    i frankly learnt the most about my camera when I just started off, with only the kit lens 18-135. there are many things i cant do, and i learnt to work around the limitations of my lens, and still get the same results as what others get with 3k lens. and in the process, i learnt so much more about photograhy, settings and my camera.

now, frankly i am learning so little. everything's so fast now. sigh.

Yea, and have to use manual to get the same settings. Then go back computer still have to stich. Sigh.
    so you can get to learn more about your photoshop skills.

24-105 f4 is kit lens? $1700 kit lens lor. LOL.
    so i didn't see that post. any issue with me missing out a post??

Already bought many acessories, like flash, flash diffuser x 2, radio triggers, lenspen, eneloop.

Ok lah, got cure the itch a bit lah. Yeah I also think save up for 1 more month then I can get 70-200 f4 IS or 400 f5.6.
    so at the end of the day, its the itch wanting you to buy more. its not that you are feeling limited by the lens you are having. oh well. go buy then. 70-200 f/4 is not going to be fast enough. wanna get, go get the f/2.8 version. you can merrily shoot in low lighting conditions without a problem.
    Fast Camera. Fast Lens. Slow Me. Sigh.
    My Flickr

Yes if you want a 70-200, might as well get the f/2.8 one. Else wait you get f/4 you find yourself wanting to upgrade, and end up spending more.

for uwa u can try tokina 12-24 f4. nice lens.

BUt i do agree with previous poster, know more about your lens 1st. You got 2 very good lens to start with not to mention a L lens.

For me, if weight is not an issue. save for the best lens u can get your hands on. e.g. dont buy a 70-200 f4 because its cheaper. cos 1 fine day u will break your bank and go for 2.8. etc.

Know what you want, if you dont know maybe you dont need.

Hmmm ok guys, thanks for everyone's advice.

will consider tokina 12-24 f4, i won't go for sigma lens, got bad experience with them. Or save up more more to buy 70-200 f2.8 IS.

haha i have this budget issue too. but i just keep practising with my kit and 50mm lor while i set aside some money each month till the day i can afford them! i only discovered the fun and potential of my 50mm 1.8 recently, close to a year after i got it! cheer up! there's still alot of potential in our limited gear!!

If ur budget not high, 2nd hand macro lens, especially from third party like tamron, should not cost you arm or leg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12