Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Convince Me!

Default Re: Convince Me!

Its good you did not buy a new comp. Most comp are still workable. We just need to format the hdd and give it a good clean up from the inside.

Do not be tempted to contribute to the wasteland. These computer parts have toxic wastes. Every scrapped comp can find its way to harm us more.

can Win 7 be run from Parallels?

so I guess you're not selling your Z anymore?haha
    anyway today I removed the DVD drive to lighten my SZ...and cleaned out the heatsink!!!! it's CHOKED with dust. OT.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Its good you did not buy a new comp. Most comp are still workable. We just need to format the hdd and give it a good clean up from the inside.

Do not be tempted to contribute to the wasteland. These computer parts have toxic wastes. Every scrapped comp can find its way to harm us more.
    Thanks for the advice.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    can Win 7 be run from Parallels?
    Maybe you can test?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    so I guess you're not selling your Z anymore?haha
    anyway today I removed the DVD drive to lighten my SZ...and cleaned out the heatsink!!!! it's CHOKED with dust. OT.
    Yap. I will be using it for sometime with the new OS.
    BTW, just bought a new battery that can allow me to use longer. I realized that Win 7 able to prolong the battery life to additional 1/2 to 1 hour more due to its power management. This was feedback from friends who had been using Win 7 as their OS.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

ok ok i be serious.

i can hardly consider a mac (whether desktop or laptop), mainly because most of my photo processing software (photomatix, photoshop cs2, ptgui) are in windows versions. i'm not sure if they can be installed on mac also, but i'm pretty sure ptgui can't.

also, many of my er, frivolous distractions, i.e. games, are pc only..

in any case, i'm not willing to pay the premium just for "better security", "better aesthetics", and the fact that mac bothered to do up their OS properly.. with proper discipline, all security issues can be handled easily. my asus laptop is 2+years old, and it still runs as it did the first day.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ok ok i be serious.

i can hardly consider a mac (whether desktop or laptop), mainly because most of my photo processing software (photomatix, photoshop cs2, ptgui) are in windows versions. i'm not sure if they can be installed on mac also, but i'm pretty sure ptgui can't.

also, many of my er, frivolous distractions, i.e. games, are pc only..

in any case, i'm not willing to pay the premium just for "better security", "better aesthetics", and the fact that mac bothered to do up their OS properly.. with proper discipline, all security issues can be handled easily. my asus laptop is 2+years old, and it still runs as it did the first day.
    Just stick to the win lah. The new OS is an upgrade version of vista and XP. I am sure it will help you in your software applications.

Like a friend of mine say "Safe the $$$ for upgrading your camera equipment"
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

this sounds like a good excuse for me to go and buy an SSD to install win 7 on.hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Just stick to the win lah. The new OS is an upgrade version of vista and XP. I am sure it will help you in your software applications.

Like a friend of mine say "Safe the $$$ for upgrading your camera equipment"
    well, but i have to admit, macbook screen very nice..

that said, the macbook seems to heat up quite quickly.. my asus bottom all cool after countless hours of use.. but my gf's macbook pro the bottom touch already, i think can cook egg.

that said, the macbook seems to heat up quite quickly.. my asus bottom all cool after countless hours of use.. but my gf's macbook pro the bottom touch already, i think can cook egg.
    now turn the macbook over, put the cooking pan on top and start cooking.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Macbook pro is make of alui material ... good for heat conducting. Can cook Egg. lolx. Sadly, apple does not build mac like they use to be :P

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    this sounds like a good excuse for me to go and buy an SSD to install win 7 on.hahaha.
    Good choice but SSD expensive and Disk space smaller that norma Sata drive. Of course it also low power intake and lighter too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345