Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Convince Me!

Default Re: Convince Me!

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    what u need are roller bags and a full time assistant. setup your lighting, camera, laptop. prep your model, get your drinks, wipe your sweat.
    Currently I only got friends to help me out in my shoot. I grateful they came and help.

Now every shoot have to carry 3 bags, by end of the year maybe increase to 5 bags.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Quote Originally Posted by phoakm View Post
    Currently I only got friends to help me out in my shoot. I grateful they came and help.

Now every shoot have to carry 3 bags, by end of the year maybe increase to 5 bags.
    pack all into TT roller bags and get a trolley for the rest. or pack what u need for the shoot the night before. or bring skeleton gear.

sorry for OT. i think u shld keep your sony unless u getting a bigger screen.

get the mac.

[QUOTE=peterpan1975;5420829][QUOTE=Gunbucker;5420805]

As for Apple, they don't have this problem because they fully control the hardware design to their own exacting details. Mac OS X' customers are basically people like you and me.

This point is correct if you are referring to the older generation of Mac product where Apple design their own processor and MB. With the intergration of Intel CPU, there is nothing call Full control of hardware design. basically if you open up the macbook, what you see is more or less like a PC but with a special touch of apple when it come to OS.

The only think what keep me with apple was that their OS is backward compartability, Mac 10.5 can be run on Ibook G4 series, Accept for this latest version of OS, sadly minimum requirement is an Intel CPU.

Never a less, in the long term, its what you are confortable with not necessary best in the market or most trendy one.

*window user will say window good ... mac user will say mac good. But I will give the thumbs up to REdhat ... lolx
    Bro, a question my lappy running 32bit window vista and my pc is running 64bit window vista. Do I need to get two window 7? Is there a 32bit and 64bit window 7?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

[QUOTE=phoakm;5420839][QUOTE=peterpan1975;5420829]
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post

As for Apple, they don't have this problem because they fully control the hardware design to their own exacting details. Mac OS X' customers are basically people like you and me.

Bro, a question my lappy running 32bit window vista and my pc is running 64bit window vista. Do I need to get two window 7? Is there a 32bit and 64bit window 7?
    Yes there is. Best deal is 1 serial key can be use on either a 32bit or 64bit version.

If you are so passionate about what you are doing to be the best, there is no other way but to get the best hardware for the job .... and from what i see, you dont need anyone to convince you .... at your level, the best use Macbook Pro ....
    always the Light, .... always.

Save your money. Just upgrade to Windows 7. You get to reuse all of your windows applications too.

If you plonk down 2k-ish for your new MBP, you'll still need to buy apps (CS4 etc)..

Up to you though. Haha.

PS: I use both MBP and PC daily.

Quote Originally Posted by racoon31e View Post
    PS: I use both MBP and PC daily.
    So do I. For my office work, it's my partner in crime, the Lenovo T61. Built like a soviet era tank, and hangs often like one too

I use it for e-mail, presentations, etc. For any serious product demos, I use Ubuntu 9.04 running inside a VMWare. Hope this gives some perspectives

pack all into TT roller bags and get a trolley for the rest. or pack what u need for the shoot the night before. or bring skeleton gear.

sorry for OT. i think u shld keep your sony unless u getting a bigger screen.
    Considering TT roller bags, but you know lah. I am shooting long kang now. I have to consider the mobility. That climbing over the fence and down the slop is the dangerous part.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Considering TT roller bags, but you know lah. I am shooting long kang now. I have to consider the mobility. That climbing over the fence and down the slop is the dangerous part.
    u can't be shooting there forever right?

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    If you are so passionate about what you are doing to be the best, there is no other way but to get the best hardware for the job .... and from what i see, you dont need anyone to convince you .... at your level, the best use Macbook Pro ....
    Uncle you using mac now?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

[QUOTE=peterpan1975;5420843][QUOTE=phoakm;5420839]
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post

Yes there is. Best deal is 1 serial key can be use on either a 32bit or 64bit version.
    Bro, thanks for the call. Will be waiting for your help in the upgrade.
    I treat you meal after that.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

[QUOTE=phoakm;5420906][QUOTE=peterpan1975;5420843]

Bro, thanks for the call. Will be waiting for your help in the upgrade.
    I treat you meal after that.
    No worries, that will be a very simple task. Anyway forget to mention something, I will not be hands on ur system. you will be the one. I will just oversee the installation process and if got issue hopefully can give pointers. This is how I "train" all my frz... lolx ...

u can't be shooting there forever right?
    If Singapore don't have place to shoot. I will continue shooting there. Anyway near my place. Although the place a bit dirty, but not smelly. It is also windy under the bridge, which creates a "windy" effect, no need to bring a fan along. The models quite like the place, but they have to bare with the public viewing and traffic.

Only for those who "Dare".
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

[QUOTE=peterpan1975;5420912][QUOTE=phoakm;5420906]
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post

No worries, that will be a very simple task. Anyway forget to mention something, I will not be hands on ur system. you will be the one. I will just oversee the installation process and if got issue hopefully can give pointers. This is how I "train" all my frz... lolx ...
    Okie okie!
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

mate, Sony Z.
    up to 8GB RAM, 2.80ghz core 2 duo, expresscard, 1.5kg (!!!!! almost as light as a netbook)
    the screen is abit weird in that it's 13.1" across which makes a 16:9 ratio, but that allowed the overall dimensions to be shaved down quite abit. I'm using a Sony SZ which is the predecessor (2kg) and they removed about an inch of width on that computer.

If you're looking for something light, that's a good way to go with Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    mate, Sony Z.
    up to 8GB RAM, 2.80ghz core 2 duo, expresscard, 1.5kg (!!!!! almost as light as a netbook)
    the screen is abit weird in that it's 13.1" across which makes a 16:9 ratio, but that allowed the overall dimensions to be shaved down quite abit. I'm using a Sony SZ which is the predecessor (2kg) and they removed about an inch of width on that computer.

If you're looking for something light, that's a good way to go with Windows 7
    Thanks. I will give Window 7 a try. The Sony Z series is one of the lightest and powerful system I have. It is because of Vista that slows down the applications.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Thanks. I will give Window 7 a try. The Sony Z series is one of the lightest and powerful system I have. It is because of Vista that slows down the applications.
    ah that's great. I use Win XP on my SZ and it's bloody awesome. been taking a beating for 2 years now, waiting to see what new laptop technology comes out in the near future before I upgrade.
    btw I have a MacBook Pro 15", and I'm really unimpressed.

There are alot of things which are normal in the SZ which are now considered normal features in the Mac, like switching between speed/stamina and better battery life (I was averaging 3 hours on Speed mode with my SZ in XP, should be closer to 3.5 for Z), plus the screen actually tilts back quite abit on the sony.

Plus the screen for the Sony's just so sexy lah. so thin

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    ah that's great. I use Win XP on my SZ and it's bloody awesome. been taking a beating for 2 years now, waiting to see what new laptop technology comes out in the near future before I upgrade.
    btw I have a MacBook Pro 15", and I'm really unimpressed.

There are alot of things which are normal in the SZ which are now considered normal features in the Mac, like switching between speed/stamina and better battery life (I was averaging 3 hours on Speed mode with my SZ in XP, should be closer to 3.5 for Z), plus the screen actually tilts back quite abit on the sony.

Plus the screen for the Sony's just so sexy lah. so thin
    Agree. I love the bulit of it. I have been carrying this laptop basically everyday. But I prefer longer battery life. Will be considering a 8 cell battery for 5-6hours usage.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Blog Entries

http://www.apple.com/sg/macbookair/

btw as i see it, the industry will eventually move away from CF cards
    also it seems that there will be something new from apple - [akan datang]
    should be just nice for the xmas season
    Last edited by ortega; 8th September 2009 at 11:35 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast