View Poll Results: who got fine for not notify mindef that u are on oversea trip

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • didnt notify and havnt receive any fine yet.

    29 50.88%
  • yes! I am the unlucky 1... and my fine is....

    6 10.53%
  • will never get fine! I am a super good boy who will notify mindef whenever I travel.

    22 38.60%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76

Thread: got fine for not notify mindef?

  1. #41
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    i dont see a point if the mindef want to track the quantity of its manpower but only see a point that the state is using such method to absorb money from its citizens only. As you guy mention why a passport not enough to tracks the manpower in the country???
    Apparently they are already tracking us which is why they can send us the warning letters. This is why this whole thing is retarded.

    They should just assume that every Singapore leaving is leaving forever until their passport gets scanned again at the arrival hall.

  2. #42

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    I was in Bangkok during last Dec 08 when the whole airport was shut down due to protesters storming into the building.... In the end, my trip got extended by another week till i have another flight back but everything was paid for by the tourism authority of Thailand....

    Happy happy got back to spore and in no time... receive the reminder letter... WTH!! I did apply for the exit permit. but who in the right state of mind would remb to call up to extend the permit when I don't even know if i have a flight bk....

  3. #43
    Senior Member kel77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,061

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    What abt those who are activated for mob manning but never notify overseas trip?

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by kel77 View Post
    What abt those who are activated for mob manning but never notify overseas trip?
    This one big problem. Haha!

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    I had never had any probs with the notification thingy but with the IPPT full of crap thingy.

    2 workyear in a row, I took but never update my attendance until I logged in and check on the last 1 or 2 days. Damn. The question now is 'What if' I never check? Then LL kena call back for discipline action and my camp is very very far.

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    i wonder and keep wondering if there is a war are the state ready for it?

  7. #47
    Senior Member kel77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,061

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    i wonder and keep wondering if there is a war are the state ready for it?
    There's always this post ICT survey and most pple have already answered no

  8. #48

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    I had never had any probs with the notification thingy but with the IPPT full of crap thingy.

    2 workyear in a row, I took but never update my attendance until I logged in and check on the last 1 or 2 days. Damn. The question now is 'What if' I never check? Then LL kena call back for discipline action and my camp is very very far.
    Should you be charge for defaulting your IPPT, the reporting place will be at CMPB. not your unit.

  9. #49
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    Should you be charge for defaulting your IPPT, the reporting place will be at CMPB. not your unit.
    A recent incident that happened to me.

    Clear my RT for the last work year but still failed my IPPT.
    Tried running on my own but sustain injuries to my sole aka plantar fasciitis.
    The condition started moderately but due to my work nature, I was subjected to prolong standing and walking, the condition worsen.
    See a doctor and taken 2 injections to my sole, get 6 months excuse from running and jumping, went to camp to endorse the MC because I know I need to clear my current work year IPPT.
    The active MO told me that he will settle with my reservist unit, so I thought settled.
    Was on an overseas trip for a month when my parents told me that I got charged for not taking IPPT.
    Really angry about that. Got to fly back, went down to CMPB and chase around my unit HQ to settle this...
    Really NO COMMENT. JUST PISSED...
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  10. #50
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    i wonder and keep wondering if there is a war are the state ready for it?
    It will not be ready if all NS men do not take individual responsibility in simple matters like notifying Mindef when going overseas.

    In the past when automated telephone and internet was not readily available, the old soldiers were inconvenience more, but still soldiered on. Now with such convenience, also ppl want to take issues and grumble - with such attitude, how to be ready for any contingency.

    * Been there - done that - no more NS liability *

  11. #51
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    i wonder and keep wondering if there is a war are the state ready for it?
    i am ready to die for my country anytime, anywhere, anyhow!!!!


    if there is a war la.


    if no, then i will continue to do what singaporeans do best! COMPLAIN!!!

    HUAT AH!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    990

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    2 warnings later will come a fine letter.

    I went to Kukup last december and ONLY remembered to register for exit permit ONLY at the woodlands checkpoint. So some of my guy friends frantically called the number and applied on the spot, very little hassle.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    It will not be ready if all NS men do not take individual responsibility in simple matters like notifying Mindef when going overseas.

    In the past when automated telephone and internet was not readily available, the old soldiers were inconvenience more, but still soldiered on. Now with such convenience, also ppl want to take issues and grumble - with such attitude, how to be ready for any contingency.

    * Been there - done that - no more NS liability *
    the biggest problems is not never notify and kena fine but is notify with statement proof and also kena fine....something must be wrong somewhere.....

  14. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i am ready to die for my country anytime, anywhere, anyhow!!!!


    if there is a war la.


    if no, then i will continue to do what singaporeans do best! COMPLAIN!!!

    HUAT AH!!!!
    i love your words..........STRONGLY AGREE WITH YOU !!!!

    lets complaints !!!!!!

  15. #55
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    the biggest problems is not never notify and kena fine but is notify with statement proof and also kena fine....something must be wrong somewhere.....
    If this is the case then go to the highest authority to ratify what has wronged you.

    In the summary trial you should have been given the option to plead not guilty, and opt for a court-martial and prove your case. Obviously you have pleaded guilty and hence paid the fine.

    Yes there is something wrong in your case ie. with the system and also yourself cos you allowed a miscarriage of justice when you have the option (in your own hands) to do otherwise.

    I would have done that instead of complaining here, if there is a miscarriage of justice.

    Complaining and whining is not going to improve anything, CS is just a photography forum, not a MINDEF feedback unit.

  16. #56

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    If I am not wrong www.ns.sg is only for trip which is longer then 6 months... shorter then that, have to call. 1800 7636363
    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Even for a four day trip I notify through this. I have never encountered inability to notify. Maybe you can try this website again?
    IIRC, those using the site needs to log in first. You'll have a slightly different menu on the right for short trip notification.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  17. #57

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    i dont see a point if the mindef want to track the quantity of its manpower but only see a point that the state is using such method to absorb money from its citizens only. As you guy mention why a passport not enough to tracks the manpower in the country???

    wait until i get another evidence i will stomp such notifying system online !!!! damn it.....
    Cuz Mindef likes to know when you are returning. Customs don't really track that.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  18. #58
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    i love your words..........STRONGLY AGREE WITH YOU !!!!

    lets complaints !!!!!!
    alamak, complain to mindef la. not in CS! hehehe

    but i very steady. everytime need to go overseas, i will first off notify the guys at mindef.

    not much of a hassle la. jus go online n key in the dates..


    becos 18yo here last time kena charged before, wear smart 4 go back march in and answer charge n wallet go on S$50 diet. hahahaha

    after that, i steady everytime will notify.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  19. #59
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    it actually quite difficult to notfy them if u are on regular business trip.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: got fine for not notify mindef?

    Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    it actually quite difficult to notfy them if u are on regular business trip.
    yes, that is what i am facing now........so normally i will remind myself to do the last notify at the airport upon going thru the custom immigration. but this round kena such fine is not i never did it but their system screw up, i able to notify after a few trials but the email acknowledge is having some problem so i took a snap with my HP camera, 2 mths later a fine letter was been sent to me.

    i dont know where the photo went to, kept trying to find but cant......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •