View Poll Results: Would you bring a compact, DSLR or m4/3 camera with you on your family holiday?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • DSLR

40 45.98%
  • Compact Camera

10 11.49%
  • Micro 4/3 Camera

0 0%
  • DSLR/m43 Camera + Compact

37 42.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you bring a compact or DSLR for your holiday with your family?

Default Would you bring a compact or DSLR for your holiday with your family?

As title stated, would you bring your compact or DSLR or m4/3 system for your family holiday?

Places that you would visit is basically tourist locations, theme parks, attractions and shopping outlets/centres.

I'm mainly travelling free and easy with my family when at most locations, so we have enough time to spare to take pics of scenery.

Would you find it a chore to lug a camera bag there with such a heavy set-up plus your "travel backpack" packed with travel essentials whenever out of the hotel?

Share your view!
    Pentax K-x

Default Re: Would you bring a compact or DSLR for your holiday with your family?

yes haha.18-55 ultra compact and useful focal lenght

Default Re: Would you bring a compact or DSLR for your holiday with your family?

i would opt to bring a ultra light set-up for DSLR and a small compact.

that's it... i don't wanna forget the point of going on a holiday.

let me emphasise this is a family holiday... not photography trip
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    yes haha.18-55 ultra compact and useful focal lenght
    as per stated my fave small cheap and light lens.

of course, the non-vr version yea?
    Pentax K-x

Mmm.. For me i think since I like taking pictures, i will enjoy my holiday + taking pictures with dSLR altogether..

I am going away tml .. i will be bringing my dSLR + compact+ plus FE2! haha

I enjoy travelling with my prosumer camera; it's light & can cope with most situation.

I'd bring the dslr, i took mine on my bali family trip, no regrets, no thoughts of "wah I wish I had brought the dslr"

haha

i'd bring both

A D50 with 18-200, and a compact.

DSLR for me to use, compact for the family to take pictures of me.

Of course, the compact can be used to ask others to help take family group picture.

Quote Originally Posted by huggable View Post
    A D50 with 18-200, and a compact.

DSLR for me to use, compact for the family to take pictures of me.

Of course, the compact can be used to ask others to help take family group picture.
    Agree on this
    Compact can also use for movie.

It all depends on the weight tolerance of individual. Some can take 2 kg (of back pack) for whole day out; some can take 4 kg, but only half day.

Aiya,

one body and one 50 mm f1.7 or f1.4 can already... lens compact mah. hehe
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

Yeah man! On 2nd thoughts, the D5k can do it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    Agree on this
    Compact can also use for movie.

It all depends on the weight tolerance of individual. Some can take 2 kg (of back pack) for whole day out; some can take 4 kg, but only half day.

normally I would bring both.... the compact is in case my DSLR out of no where ganna the H1N1.....

last time when I still not sooo much into photography that time...was in jiuzaigou ...forget to charge battery....and I have to use my Handphone to take pic..lucky that was the later part of the day liao....or else cry also no tears....

1 Camera body (1D Mk II), Wide zoom (16-35), Tele zoom (70-200 f4L IS)

All in my Thinktank Speed Freak bag (Urban shooting) or my Billingham 306 (Rural places)

I bring both.

I've always brought both around..
    My digicam is usually for normal places where I know I won't be taking much pictures and also to shoot a video with cos my DSLR no video..

Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    1 Camera body (1D Mk II), Wide zoom (16-35), Tele zoom (70-200 f4L IS)

All in my Thinktank Speed Freak bag (Urban shooting) or my Billingham 306 (Rural places)
    wah siao, 1D leh... damn heavy... plus 16-35 and 70-200? i think i will only bring the 16-35 if i were you.... are you gonna bring them all if you're going to niseko again end-year?

but your speed freak will be good for urban shooting, it's damn easy to carry around (waist bag).
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by sonyboy View Post
    Aiya,

one body and one 50 mm f1.7 or f1.4 can already... lens compact mah. hehe
    yea, easy! and by 50mm f/1.7 you mean pentex? or does sony have one too?
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    As title stated, would you bring your compact or DSLR or m4/3 system for your family holiday?

Places that you would visit is basically tourist locations, theme parks, attractions and shopping outlets/centres.
    i make sure my family is suckered into going into one or two locations i really want to go to,

and then i bring my usual "travel setup", i.e. 10-20 + 70-300 + 50mm and k20d (color body).. sometimes k100d ir + kit lens mounted, as well.

can stuff into hadley pro actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    yea, easy! and by 50mm f/1.7 you mean pentex? or does sony have one too?
    oh sorry. Sony is F1.8
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast