Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83

Thread: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

  1. #61
    Member Akira Fudou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    206 looks very good. May i know roughly how much is the retail price for one??

  2. #62
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    i'm looking at the outside of the bag and the opened appearance on the RTS website and below. two question here

    1. if i sling it, and leave the front cover flap (the front straps) opened, does the bag still hold the shape?

    2. how many steps is required to take things out? unstrap the front two straps... and unzip.... anything in between?


    Quote Originally Posted by gazkw View Post
    they reserve the handle portion for the 'real sized' bags like '0' series, '-5' series, 06 series and 07 series.
    Quote Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
    Hehehe .... here's my humble 206.



    Enough for a body, 2 zooms and a flash.



    Exterior view

  3. #63
    Moderator chngpe01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,863
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    I do not have any Billingham bags but I have the Billingham Vest. The old Navy Blue one bought a few years back from PK and a new one http://www.rtsphoto.com/html/billvest.htm bought recently.

    When I got my first vest I could not "deflate or hide the true price" from my wife, cos when she saw it, her first remark was "It must be very expensive, looking at the workmanship!, the rest of your vest looks cheapo." Ever since it's only Billingham for me (vest only)

  4. #64

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    I have fit the following into hadley large:
    gripped 5d
    17-40
    70-200 2.8
    35L
    85L
    550EX
    accessories

    can't remember what else hoahroa
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

  5. #65
    Member whizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bkt Timah
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    i'm looking at the outside of the bag and the opened appearance on the RTS website and below. two question here

    1. if i sling it, and leave the front cover flap (the front straps) opened, does the bag still hold the shape?
    Yes, it'll retain its shape more or less, if the inserts are in place.
    2. how many steps is required to take things out? unstrap the front two straps... and unzip.... anything in between?
    3 steps! Unbuckle the strap holding the handles, unhook the buttons and then unzip. If I am shooting, I usually leave it unzipped and just pull the top over without buttoning down .....

  6. #66
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
    3 steps! Unbuckle the strap holding the handles, unhook the buttons and then unzip. If I am shooting, I usually leave it unzipped and just pull the top over without buttoning down .....
    sounds like a good idea. look likes i should start to be on the lookout for 2nd hand bags...

  7. #67
    Member whizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bkt Timah
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Fudou View Post
    206 looks very good. May i know roughly how much is the retail price for one??
    I think I paid less than $500 for it. But, if you can wait, the 207 looks gorgeous! I couldn't, so ended up with the 206.

  8. #68
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by gazkw View Post
    yup... for sure can...
    Haha..Thks Bro, Nw i 'm tempted to go for smaller range..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  9. #69
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    I do not have any Billingham bags but I have the Billingham Vest. The old Navy Blue one bought a few years back from PK and a new one http://www.rtsphoto.com/html/billvest.htm bought recently.

    When I got my first vest I could not "deflate or hide the true price" from my wife, cos when she saw it, her first remark was "It must be very expensive, looking at the workmanship!, the rest of your vest looks cheapo." Ever since it's only Billingham for me (vest only)
    Wow..Very pro looking indeed..Wondered hw much it cost..Will kaypoh and find out from PK Chan tml..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  10. #70
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    I have fit the following into hadley large:
    gripped 5d
    17-40
    70-200 2.8
    35L
    85L
    550EX
    accessories

    can't remember what else hoahroa
    Hoho..Thks for sharing!! Mus be quite squeezy huh.. Chan advise me against getting Hadley series for Pro size Dslr wif grip..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  11. #71
    Member kilkenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    609

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Hi numnumball,

    get the smaller range you wun regret it. good things come in small sizes hahah if you think its not enough can add on with avea pouches =)



    You can also unbutton these to increase the size


    I am lovin my 206 hahaha

    cheers,
    kilkenny
    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | Nissin Di622 |

  12. #72
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    yes it does..lol.. old man already... haha...

    btw, i think it's good to go try out the bags and have a feel of what u really like.. end of the day, i feel that each billingham bag has its own appeal... personally i like the design of the packington and the spaciousness. i had a tough time choosing btw the hadley pro, packington and the 306..lol

    btw, i'ld suggest getting the khaki tan color.. it looks better as it ages/gets dirtied..lol
    Bro,

    Thks alot for ur kind advice, jus when i was in a dilemma on wad color to select, u shed light to my overcast skies..haha..

    i contemplating the 5 and 6 series and packington..
    But Pk Chan jus break the news to me that Packington is out until Nov..
    Couldn't wait that long i guess, should get one tml!!
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  13. #73
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by kilkenny View Post
    Hi numnumball,

    get the smaller range you wun regret it. good things come in small sizes hahah if you think its not enough can add on with avea pouches =)



    You can also unbutton these to increase the size


    I am lovin my 206 hahaha

    cheers,
    kilkenny
    Wah, Cannot tahan.. wad u says does make sense, small does have its appeal. So meaning to say i will either get a 206 or 225.. Since i already got a TT UB50 to rely on if there's a need to bring my notebook out..

    Hw come no one recommend 225?
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  14. #74
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Guys!!

    I got my bag at last!! from Pk Chan! Here it is!!



    Can i take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all who contribute their advice/recommendations to me prior to me making this purchase (esp lomographer bro).
    Greatly appreciated it!

    And I mus really give to Mr Pk Chan!
    Took the effort to pick me up from MRT Station and drove me to his home to handpick the bags (spent 1 hr molesting hadley pro, 206, 306, 225, 335, L2, to name a few). In the end, settled for 335 for its sleek design, canvas material, quick accessibility, loading capacity and lastly, prefer the kahki color over 306, furthermore it can accomodate a notebook!!! Highly recommended to all serious photographers!!

    Small gestures like offering drink, give me advice, sharing his photography experience, giving me freebies for my purchase etc etc really made my day. A truly amicable, friendly and passionate guys with his fav line *Wat matter most is u happy , i aso happy!!!*

    You wun regret buying from him tats for sure and i defintely gg bk to him for more bags next time (nt nw the least..wait for pockets holes to mend itselves first)
    Last edited by Numnumball; 10th September 2009 at 11:14 PM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  15. #75

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    gratz and all i can say is hope your back doesnt give way to your laden weight.

  16. #76
    Member whizzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bkt Timah
    Posts
    195

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Yeah, I got mine from PK too. He's a very friendly and nice chap.

    If I am ever gonna get a Billingham again, will buy from him again. But, I am now itchy for a Fogg bag



    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Guys!!

    I got my bag at last!! from Pk Chan! Here it is!!



    Can i take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all who contribute their advice/recommendations to me prior to me making this purchase (esp lomographer bro).
    Greatly appreciated it!

    And I mus really give to Mr Pk Chan!
    Took the effort to pick me up from MRT Station and drove me to his home to handpick the bags (spent 1 hr molesting hadley pro, 206, 306, 225, 335, L2, to name a few). In the end, settled for 335 for its sleek design, canvas material, quick accessibility, loading capacity and lastly, prefer the kahki color over 306, furthermore it can accomodate a notebook!!! Highly recommended to all serious photographers!!

    Small gestures like offering drink, give me advice, sharing his photography experience, giving me freebies for my purchase etc etc really made my day. A truly amicable, friendly and passionate guys with his fav line *Wat matter most is u happy , i aso happy!!!*

    You wun regret buying from him tats for sure and i defintely gg bk to him for more bags next time (nt nw the least..wait for pockets holes to mend itselves first)

  17. #77
    Senior Member Lomographer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Paterson Road
    Posts
    2,047

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    great to hear you've gotten your billingham bryan!

    buying from pk is something you won't regret, i've bought all my billinghams from him.

    didn't know the 335 could accomadate a notebook, so now you've really gotten best of both worlds!

    now i feel sad for your thinktank... it's going into cold storage
    Pentax K-x

  18. #78
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
    Yeah, I got mine from PK too. He's a very friendly and nice chap.

    If I am ever gonna get a Billingham again, will buy from him again. But, I am now itchy for a Fogg bag
    Bro, Was discussing with Pk Chan abt Fogg yest. He ws saying Fogg mus expensive and quality not as gd as Billingham. Ask me dun consider.. Billingham alone is more than enough,
    i never see Fogg before. Is it really good?
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  19. #79
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    great to hear you've gotten your billingham bryan!

    buying from pk is something you won't regret, i've bought all my billinghams from him.

    didn't know the 335 could accomadate a notebook, so now you've really gotten best of both worlds!

    now i feel sad for your thinktank... it's going into cold storage
    Haha..Cannot help mah, Speed Freak is one damn gd bag, but cannot accomodate my gear
    becos of the size of my cam +grip + lens, still prefer big bags. I still lovin my TT UD50, now i can interswitch between both bags depends on mood and where i intend to shoot.
    I seriously think Billingham is more suited for City life. Damn Class and sophiscated and abit wasted to bring it out to the wild to shoot nature (landscape, macro etc..)

    Now i m waiting for the 7 series like u aso Pk Chan said will be out most probably by end of this yr..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  20. #80
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Bro, Was discussing with Pk Chan abt Fogg yest. He ws saying Fogg mus expensive and quality not as gd as Billingham. Ask me dun consider.. Billingham alone is more than enough,
    i never see Fogg before. Is it really good?
    fogg's product is light colored canvas with very dark colored rims. they look extremely conspicious. as for me, i dun like the looks. and since it is very much more expensive, i dun hear much (or any) users (yah, there must be some people who use it though whom may not spend much time on internet)... but i heard they do customised bags.

    that is for bag, haven't heard of fogg vest.

    and good thing about both is that they are still made in their home country.
    Last edited by zoossh; 11th September 2009 at 05:50 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •