Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

Default Re: Calling out to Billingham owners!!! (Past and Present)

i'm a packington user here.. love the bag for its spaciousness and classic design, not forgetting it's one of the very few billingham with a full zipper for greater protection... here's what I can stuff:
    a) 5dmk2 with grip & medium zoom lens
    b) 2 prime lenses on 1 side (35 f2,85 f1.8)
    c) 1 long 70-200 f4 (hood inverted)
    d) 2 x 430ex (1 on each side pocket)
    e) 12" laptop slotted behind
    f) the 2 front pouches are huge also and can squeeze up to 2 portable hard disks, with enough room for 4 sets of AA batteries, memory card pouch, cleaning kit etc.

Hope this helps

Hmm.. saw Hadley Pro a few times, can say is sort of "Love at 1st sight" haha...
    I really have to admit I miss my Hadley even after getting my 306

Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    I really have to admit I miss my Hadley even after getting my 306
    but the 306 is the only bag that will fit your 1D and 70-200 IS.

you love it... but hadley's nice too
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    i'm a packington user here.. love the bag for its spaciousness and classic design, not forgetting it's one of the very few billingham with a full zipper for greater protection... here's what I can stuff:
    f) the 2 front pouches are huge also and can squeeze up to 2 portable hard disks, with enough room for 4 sets of AA batteries, memory card pouch, cleaning kit etc.

Hope this helps
    I knew Billingham is lasting, but how about your shoulders?? Isnt it heavy carrying all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jameskkmok View Post
    Go for the 5 series, call Chan to test & view.
    Called ard, Very nice guy, say "jus come down to molest all the billingham i have here to ur heart content and choose the one u like.. "
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by ikilledversace View Post
    I personally find the Hadley Pro the prettiest among the Billinghams because it's slim rectangle'ish and has a handle. More like a business bag. But the D700 is a little too big and the viewfinder actually fattens the bag a little (But barely noticable).

The bag itself is quite heavy when compared to a lowepro of the same size. And the D700 is a heavy camera too. And so is the 24-70. That's why I feel it's important to get a bag with a handle so you can relax your shoulder once in a while. The other billinghams don't come with a handle I think.

I thought of getting a backpack but don't see any nice ones around. The Billingham 25 rucksack looks nice but discontinued :|
    My sentiments exactly, Sexy Hadley Pro...
    Gd peice of advice.. Much appreciated.. Tks a alot!
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post

Hope this helps
    It does really! Hmm.. Packington, another to chose.. Checked out the product image in their website and it's really sophiscated and classic looking.
    Maybe can shortlist as well.. Wow, u do carry a lot of stuff with you, i mus say it shd take quite a toll on ur shoulders with tat amount of weight my friend.
    My Flickr|My Son

wonder why the rucksack is discontinued.

have both 335 n hadley pro.

hadley pro: i've owned it for 5years plus, bought it for S$300 plus(forgot the price... hmmm).

1). 13" laptop

2). camera body with grip

3). 28-70 zoom lens

4). flashgun

no problem, can squeeze in but i try not to use the handle too often esp. when the bag is very heavy as it pulls on the button.

and over prolong period of use, the leather securing the buttons do look worn out and about to be tore off.

335 is good. i've owned it for close to 6 years. sometimes double as my hand carry luggage. kekeke bought it back then at x-treme boundaries(i think) at S$452(remember the price as it is my first billy bag!). best buy for me!

am keen to get a billy rucksack. but i guess gotta look for a used one.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

by the way, there are some shops in Singapore that stock Billingham bags.

from my previous experiences, mostly unpleasant ones, i would advise would-be buyers to find out the price of the model they are interested in, in short, do ur homework.

do not walk into the shop without any knowledge of the price. u'll only look like a red hot carrot. kekeke

i've had unpleasant experiences with K-13. almost tio advised into paying much more for a billy bag. and as a 'sweetener', the young chap even offered to 'throw in' the shoulder pad as a freebie if i should buy it right now n then.

u know, K-13 has such a wide range of billingham bags back then la and not many places were stocking billingham too.

luckily i read from the website that the shoulder pad comes free with the bag itself and with this clue, i quickly concluded that the price offered to me is one fit for a ROBERT.

needless to say, i never frequent that shop again. first n last time.

remember that billingham bags come with a premium and do not pay anything more than what you should. y pay much more for an item that is already very costly?

in my own personal view, billingham bags, though costly, are worth every cent i paid.

lifetime warranty too.(still have?)
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 8th September 2009 at 11:24 AM.

I owned Hadley Small (sold), Hadley Large and 445. 445 is for 2 body + 4 lenses + 2 flashes.

Hadley Large has a notebook slot but it will not hold gripped body. I have a Canon 5DmkII with medium zoom (e.g. 24-105mm) + 70-200mm f2.8 IS on the side with the large 580EX flash in the bag quite comfortably.

335 should be quite a good choice for 1-2 gripped bodies (depends on how many lenses you want to carry).

I found http://www.rtsphoto.com/html/bill.html to be a better website than the Billingham official one. Has a lot more details and the layout is easy to read.

As for getting your bag in Singapore, I would recommend PK Chan. OP is ok but K-13 usually quote you a much higher price.

my 2 cents. Hope this help.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Ok, guess i list out my stuff i pack into my Hadley original for your reference:

Max i be able to pack

- D90 w/grip attached with 50mm
    - 80-200 2.8
    - Micro 60mm 2.8
    - SB-600
    - MB 13 inch
    - Extra 3e batteries and AAs, SD cards

and i still be able to have little extra space for another smaller lens

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post

remember that billingham bags come with a premium and do not pay anything more than what you should. y pay much more for an item that is already very costly?

in my own personal view, billingham bags, though costly, are worth every cent i paid.

yes they still offer lifetime warranty...

great bags, are built to be beaten the death out of it.

i have tried to fit a 13 inch MBA, but anyone tried any thicker 13 inch laptop?

share it here, as TS needs to fit in a laptop if possible..

i think hadley pro or large should be ok right?
    Pentax K-x

hadley original/pro - 13"
    hadley large - 15"

Quote Originally Posted by ikilledversace View Post
    I personally find the Hadley Pro the prettiest among the Billinghams because it's slim rectangle'ish and has a handle. More like a business bag. But the D700 is a little too big and the viewfinder actually fattens the bag a little (But barely noticable).

The bag itself is quite heavy when compared to a lowepro of the same size. And the D700 is a heavy camera too. And so is the 24-70. That's why I feel it's important to get a bag with a handle so you can relax your shoulder once in a while. The other billinghams don't come with a handle I think.

I thought of getting a backpack but don't see any nice ones around. The Billingham 25 rucksack looks nice but discontinued :|
    yes, i like the handle for the hadley pro, but if they can add a soft pad to grip it would be better. i dun think any other bags have a handle, and i wonder why. that keep me off from upgrading...

Sorry OT abit, may I know how is the quality of Domke bags compared to Billingham bags? I currently own a Domke camera bag and quite curious to know about Billingham.

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    yes, i like the handle for the hadley pro, but if they can add a soft pad to grip it would be better. i dun think any other bags have a handle, and i wonder why. that keep me off from upgrading...
    they reserve the handle portion for the 'real sized' bags like '0' series, '-5' series, 06 series and 07 series.

Quote Originally Posted by DeWei View Post
    Sorry OT abit, may I know how is the quality of Domke bags compared to Billingham bags? I currently own a Domke camera bag and quite curious to know about Billingham.
    i love both domke and billingham.

honestly i find billingham quality to be better than domke. the workmanship of billingham is 2nd to none. never seen a fogg before, so take that into consideration as well.

used to own a hadley pro, but now my main bags is billingham L2 alice and domke F3x waxwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    yes they still offer lifetime warranty...

great bags, are built to be beaten the death out of it.

i have tried to fit a 13 inch MBA, but anyone tried any thicker 13 inch laptop?

share it here, as TS needs to fit in a laptop if possible..

i think hadley pro or large should be ok right?
    yes hadley pro will do. WOOOOOOO!!!

wonder why the rucksack is discontinued.

have both 335 n hadley pro.

hadley pro: i've owned it for 5years plus, bought it for S$300 plus(forgot the price... hmmm).

1). 13" laptop

2). camera body with grip

3). 28-70 zoom lens

4). flashgun

no problem, can squeeze in but i try not to use the handle too often esp. when the bag is very heavy as it pulls on the button.

and over prolong period of use, the leather securing the buttons do look worn out and about to be tore off.

335 is good. i've owned it for close to 6 years. sometimes double as my hand carry luggage. kekeke bought it back then at x-treme boundaries(i think) at S$452(remember the price as it is my first billy bag!). best buy for me!

am keen to get a billy rucksack. but i guess gotta look for a used one.

Bro!Thks alot for sharing ur billingham knowledge and setup..
    i quite inclined towards Hadely Pro and 335 and at the way u put it, couldnt resists to either one of them, both look damn sleek, sophiscated and is a class of their own. Darm m maybe could jus end up getting both..haa)
    Btw, whichbody u got tat both bags can accomodate? (i think my body + grip very "fat" could pose a challenge )
    My Flickr|My Son

by the way, there are some shops in Singapore that stock Billingham bags.

from my previous experiences, mostly unpleasant ones, i would advise would-be buyers to find out the price of the model they are interested in, in short, do ur homework.

do not walk into the shop without any knowledge of the price. u'll only look like a red hot carrot. kekeke

i've had unpleasant experiences with K-13. almost tio advised into paying much more for a billy bag. and as a 'sweetener', the young chap even offered to 'throw in' the shoulder pad as a freebie if i should buy it right now n then.

u know, K-13 has such a wide range of billingham bags back then la and not many places were stocking billingham too.

luckily i read from the website that the shoulder pad comes free with the bag itself and with this clue, i quickly concluded that the price offered to me is one fit for a ROBERT.

needless to say, i never frequent that shop again. first n last time.

Oh, i only know PK Chan and Op carries.. (Both prices are reasonable)
    Never heard of K-13 and will never patronise i think.. "Black Shop"

I can't tell u hw much i agreed with you on ur last few sentences
    My Flickr|My Son

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast