Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should students join Public Category if there is already a Student Category

Default Re: Should students join Public Category if there is already a Student Category

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

nothing wrong if i am a student and join open, because by right, it is more challenging, i am competing against a "broader" group.

got any rule say open category students cannot join?
    I don't think there is any advantage in being a student when entering photo contests.

However there will be a tremendous advantage if you are a student buying second-hand gear.

Default Re: Should students join Public Category if there is already a Student Category

Tis competition is more than just pure photographic skills.

Read it through.. It's Digital Imaging... Having good photographic skills just barely take you there for this competition.

"what the F, you all got your own category, why come here? go back to your own category lar, blar blar blar.......it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! kelong! kelong! kelong!

this is message I get from this thread. hence bellow is the conclusion I had....

the truth is somebody buay tahan loss out to students in a competition..........
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

eeyer.. contributor...

can i remain new member forever.. then people won't feel so pressurised when i comment..

everytime see people think senior member very big.. i am only small fry
    u can register a new nick everytime u about to become senior member...

suggestions:
    nightmare86
    8nightmare6
    might86nare

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    "what the F, you all got your own category, why come here? go back to your own category lar, blar blar blar.......it's not fair! it's not fair! it's not fair! kelong! kelong! kelong!

this is message I get from this thread. hence bellow is the conclusion I had....

the truth is somebody buay tahan loss out to students in a competition..........
    unker catchlights is !

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Students always win because they have the time to spend on producing a great shot.

can i remain new member forever.. then people won't feel so pressurised when i comment..

everytime see people think senior member very big.. i am only small fry
    Who asks you want to be The Emperor?

Quote Originally Posted by art2d3d View Post
    Recently I join a Digital Imaging Competition 2009 organised by Gadget3 magazine.

There is a Public and Instituition (Polytechnic) Category.

Guess what!

3 Students were admitted in the Public Category. They are from Singapore Polytechnic.

The judging was conducted in Singapore Polytechnic on 4-9-2009.

The first and third prize winners are this Singapore Polytechnic students!

What a coincidence!

Any Comments.
    Do they have a first timer sure win catergory?

Or never win contest before catergory?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Students always win because they have the time to spend on producing a great shot.
    second that!

Angry Re: Should students join Public Category if there is already a Student Category

NIGHT86MARE.

Don't BAD MOUTH other CS member.

You are not PRO enough to talk about competitions.

Show me your credentials, please.

What I meant is that the organiser of this competition has misled the public participates.
    Do you know in boxing there is the feather-weight and heavy-weight tournaments?
    Just because the smaller size boxer fights well, does not mean he can join the heavy-weight contest.

That is how competitions should be held. Clearly defining the important factors.

There is youth olympics, the olympics and the para-olympics. Can you tell their differences?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Do they have a first timer sure win catergory?

Got such category in 4D and Big Sweep?

Singh says Annika 'doesn't belong' on PGA Tour
    By Jerry Potter, USA TODAY

After months of polite comments surrounding Annika Sorenstam's decision to play a PGA Tour event, some male players are voicing their displeasure about her competing in the Bank of America Colonial next week in Fort Worth. The world's No. 7 ranked player, Vijay Singh of Fiji, made the most brazen statements yet when he told the Associated Press on Sunday that Sorenstam shouldn't be playing a men's tour event.

"It's just different for ladies to play on the men's tour," Singh said. "It's like getting the Williams sisters to play (tennis) against a man, and they're far better athletes than she (Sorenstam) is."

NIGHT86MARE.

Don't BAD MOUTH other CS member.

You are not PRO enough to talk about competitions.

Show me your credentials, please.
    Seriously? I could answer for you, but that would take out the fun...

*Waits for night86mare's reply to challenge*
    Brand loyalty? Pffttt...| Got Flickr?
    I shoot JPEG (got a problem with that?)

I would love to see your credentials!

Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    Seriously? I could answer for you, but that would take out the fun...

*Waits for night86mare's reply to challenge*
    someone got eyes dunno tarzan...

*camp here and prepare popcorn*

night86mare, i also want to see your credentials!

too many until i blur already

Let the BATTLE begin!

What I meant is that the organiser of this competition has misled the public participates.
    Do you know in boxing there is the feather-weight and heavy-weight tournaments?
    Just because the smaller size boxer fights well, does not mean he can join the heavy-weight contest.
    120lb boxer go fight with 400lb boxer, is asking to get pwned only

Let the BATTLE begin!

Wah piang eh, u wanna see Nightmares credentials ah? I think most of us here know he is 'got ingredient' one, so why don't you show us yours first since you started the challenge.

Comon, this is kopitiam, friendly forum chat. Now got member criticise your posting you also not happy liao, no wonder you are so sore about not winning in photo competition

Take it easy leh. Photography is not able competing or battling with each other one

felt so sad, no one challenge to see my credentials...

/me go flip... damn none of them is about photography...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    felt so sad, no one challenge to see my credentials...

/me go flip... damn none of them is about photography...

Thought you long time never take photos already?? Traitor

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast