Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Need advice on Canon & Epson Printers

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuching (From Sarawak)
    Posts
    82

    Default Need advice on Canon & Epson Printers

    Hi!

    Inkjet or Laser Printer? To Canon or to Epson? That's my questions

    Planning to get a printer which have the function of print, scan & copy during the upcoming IT Fair, kindly share your opinion either inkjet or laser printer on both brand, which will give better quality on printing photos. Budget is around $150.

    Thanks!
    Canon EOS 40D + BG-E2N, EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 IS, 70-200L F2.8 USM, 50 F1.4 USM & 580EX

  2. #2

    Default Re: Need advice on Canon & Epson Printers

    If you dont need color, about $198 can get Samsung mono print-scan-copy laser printer at SLS Global IT Mart if remember correctly.

    my recommendation if you are on a budget would be epson. its original inks are freaking cheap at $6.90 per color and the current photo printing plus scanning can even give HP a run for the money.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Need advice on Canon & Epson Printers

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    If you dont need color, about $198 can get Samsung mono print-scan-copy laser printer at SLS Global IT Mart if remember correctly.

    my recommendation if you are on a budget would be epson. its original inks are freaking cheap at $6.90 per color and the current photo printing plus scanning can even give HP a run for the money.
    I've actually always found Epson to be FAR better than HP for photo printing. HP is faster for text printing, but i find HP printers use too much ink, sometimes the printed text is still wet when the next page comes out, resulting in smearing...
    Alpha

  4. #4
    Member Ninestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Need advice on Canon & Epson Printers

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanloverm View Post
    Hi!

    Inkjet or Laser Printer? To Canon or to Epson? That's my questions

    Planning to get a printer which have the function of print, scan & copy during the upcoming IT Fair, kindly share your opinion either inkjet or laser printer on both brand, which will give better quality on printing photos. Budget is around $150.

    Thanks!
    I guess you are refering to the coming Comex 09. I'm using an Epson laser printer model for around 2yrs. No problems so far. The starting up is fast too.

    Do note that most new laser printers nowadays comes with a half toner instead of a full toner.
    Nikon D90|N35mm f1.8G
    N12-24 f4|T90mm f2.8|T180mm f3.5

  5. #5

    Default Re: Need advice on Canon & Epson Printers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninestar View Post
    I guess you are refering to the coming Comex 09. I'm using an Epson laser printer model for around 2yrs. No problems so far. The starting up is fast too.

    Do note that most new laser printers nowadays comes with a half toner instead of a full toner.
    Thats quite true...so far only Brother laser gives full toner even with their entry level laser printers.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  6. #6
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Need advice on Canon & Epson Printers

    For your $150 budget, I think Brother printers suit it.
    But for Canon and Epson, push your budget a little to $200.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Need advice on Canon & Epson Printers

    I may be outdated. 5 years back when I have access to Canon Inkjet @ NS, replacement cartrages comes with the printhead attached. It translate to higher cost, as the cartrages size is small, and ink uses up very fast. However, for infrequent printer, this is better for them, as you don't need to worry about nozzle being clotted.
    Epson is all the opposite, and even though there are self cleaning function, sometimes (especially after long idle period), it still takes a few tries b4 it clears.
    If you are intending to use original ink, Epson ink is best. Throw in water also nvr smudge...
    Photography Eqpt: Nikon D90 | AFS 24-70 F2.8 | SB800
    Technical Blog

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Kuching (From Sarawak)
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Need advice on Canon & Epson Printers

    Thanks for all the reply!

    But can I know if I decided to get Epson Laser Colored Printer, which model is recommended if I push my budget to $250?

    Thanks!!
    Canon EOS 40D + BG-E2N, EF-S 18-55 F3.5-5.6 IS, 70-200L F2.8 USM, 50 F1.4 USM & 580EX

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •