Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Your views on the current surging property market

Default Re: Your views on the current surging property market

Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Your friend plan ahead and made his/her choice.... now, their flat already worth more than they paid for. I can't afford $450+K, so I brought a house in Woodlands that cost me $112+K.... its now worth around $240-300K. Your friend went through SH*T to pay for their unit... I went through the same SH*T to pay for mine....

But I'm put off by ppl who goes around complaining that - "Oh.... I want house in good areas that is convenience, with lots of facilities & amenities but can't afford it.... and its all the Govt/Greedy House Owner fault.... they are asking/wanting too high a price"

If anyone here wants PREMIUM flats.... then be ready to PAY PREMIUM price. If you can't afford PREMIUM price.... then look for something more affordable, like I did & had.

As its often said in ClubSNAP - You Get What You Paid For - Don't go demanding a L lens if you can't afford it..... just go for the next best thing.
    Aiyoyo Bro, you should know that most Singaporeans like to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    I also looking for HDB flats now... the price is crazy.... i was looking for bedok area for resale and BTO in punggol.

The resale market is crazy. the 3 room in bedok are valued at around 250K-280k and they are more than 30 years old. 4 room are around 330K-350K for more than 30 years old flat, those 10 year below cost 375K-400K... crazy price... on top of that, these owners are asking $10k - $30k COV.... end up i take BTO.... lucky my queue number for punggol residence is good... i give up on resale. Crazy price.... how to afford?
    Happy for you. My no. is in the 3000+ and I am a 1st timer .

Quote Originally Posted by USM View Post
    Aiyoyo Bro, you should know that most Singaporeans like to complain.
    Are these the same people who polled to have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on their equipment ? Some of these amounts can be a significant portion or even the full COV amount

Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    Property agents - seems like a great job. So, what are you waiting for. Just go out there to be an agent. Dun need to work that hard, and make lots of money - who dun want.

Dun dream - get real, real estate ain't a pot of gold la.
    Well.. IT can be a Dream, I have free time to do lots of other stuff, spend time w family.. but i remind u.. its hard work

Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    Property agent for 1 year and stopped? HMM, I suppose it ain't a bed of rose.
    I been a property agent for 1 year... and still is .. nv mention i stopped
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    I just wonder, how much an average property agent earn per month or per annum?

since i started till now.. i have bought a 1.6 l car... 10% down payment, and have bought a trip to Germany w me and my gf in nov...

there are some month where an agent makes 15 k a mth and some months 2k ...
    Start up is the siong period... a few hundred a mth.. i know some who close nothing in 6 mths,.. while some who earn 7k in the first mth..

lucky for me.. i closed 2 case in my first 3 mths... thru hard work and many nights burned..

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    That is provided u close the same amount of deal every month.

Some property takes months to sell some 3 mths some 6 mths! add in the expenses for these!

3-6mths to sell another 3 mths to collect $$$ where gt earn?

there are rental, selling of HDB, Project launches...

Thus there is $$ to be earn... but its surely not an easy way to earn..
    my colleagues are pulling 15k a mth on average.. im still no where near, but im surviving with a car to feed..

should any one be interested.. feel free to ask me more
    Last edited by vinze; 16th September 2009 at 10:16 AM.

vince123123
    Guests

In making these statements, I hope you have also considered the fact that there is one significant factor which results in the rise of these "Premium" prices; namely the price of new flats. You have a situation of the tail chasing the head with HDB's pricing structure and the new flat price propping up the resale flat prices.

I've explained it in detail previously at

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4187428

Your friend plan ahead and made his/her choice.... now, their flat already worth more than they paid for. I can't afford $450+K, so I brought a house in Woodlands that cost me $112+K.... its now worth around $240-300K. Your friend went through SH*T to pay for their unit... I went through the same SH*T to pay for mine....

But I'm put off by ppl who goes around complaining that - "Oh.... I want house in good areas that is convenience, with lots of facilities & amenities but can't afford it.... and its all the Govt/Greedy House Owner fault.... they are asking/wanting too high a price"

If anyone here wants PREMIUM flats.... then be ready to PAY PREMIUM price. If you can't afford PREMIUM price.... then look for something more affordable, like I did & had.

As its often said in ClubSNAP - You Get What You Paid For - Don't go demanding a L lens if you can't afford it..... just go for the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    In making these statements, I hope you have also considered the fact that there is one significant factor which results in the rise of these "Premium" prices; namely the price of new flats. You have a situation of the tail chasing the head with HDB's pricing structure and the new flat price propping up the resale flat prices.

Err.... its 8 page long.... could you just give us a summary. Thxs

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech View Post
    why is the comm selling HDB shared by 3 parties? Co-broke most of the time between 2 parties.... Seller 2%, Buyer 1%.....

so assuming the agent brings the buyers for the 3 deals..... he gets 1% of $400k * 3 = $12k

So his income is like ($20k + $12k) x 0.6 = $19,200......

PS: He sells 2 condos a month, not one
    the higher u climb in terms of position, the more u earn,.

usually a new agent splits 70% 30% between him and company.
    den its 80/20 90/10 and finally 95/5

Rental - 1 mth's rental for 1 year lease. landlord
    1/2 mth rental for 1 year and below lease for tenant.

This is usually payment straight away thus giving agents cash to roll over before commission for Sales come thru after 3 ~ 6 mths..

Senior agents also earn riders from new ppl they recruit.

70/30
    and out of the 30, 5% goes to the "manager" or senior agent they recuit.
    this guy would be ur guide and will help u and teach u the tips of the trade.

Its Very impt to Find the right Manager... ** key to sucess in new agents

You only worry about that if you are a fresh agent.... if you have been in the business for years, you will have savings for you to tahan.
    For Fast Cash income - there is always Rental which pays the min the deal is sealed.
    most new Agents start of with rental and then move on to sales.

Rental income is half a mth to a mth's rental for a year lease.
    u close 1 rental ave 1k. * 4 a mth... ( 4k * 0.7 ) = 2.8k.. much more den working for a company at an ave 2.2k ~ 2.5k a mth..

thats the main reason why i decided to join property.

Honestly, what those agents make in a year when the market is booming can last them till the next cycle....

Go figure.
    there is nv a bad time in property. - if the market is bad, many ppl will be buying - resale. if the market is good. its the sellers market.. many ppl will be selling resale, either way. ppl still buy and sell thus the agent still earns..

if the market is stale. no one is buying or selling, then rental will be a boom !! agents earn from landlord and tenant..

Hahaha..... If the agent could make it / wait till market boom....
    ** good market, bad market.. its always AGENTS market !!

part of the joke within my company

Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    The income look attractive. Can consider to change line ....
    After all i said.. seems very good rite !!!

to all.. Its the same everywhere... grass is always greener on the other side...
    I must say again.. its a great job with alot of perks !!! and high income - or rather no cap to ur mthly income.... BUTBUTBUT... It requires alot of HARD Work...

every job the same.. HARD WORK PAYS off..

Let me ask you, does any of the articles or my posts talk about pricing a HDB flat at S$1?

Since you enjoy such arguments, then let me ask you "If you price HDB flat at S$1,000,000,000, what will be the outcome?"

I rest my case.
    ok, how about if you price the hdb flats at 105% of cost price? what is the outcome??

Or if you are not happy with the currect pricing, do you have a better way to price current new HDB flats? What is the solution? Don't just bitch about it.

Quote Originally Posted by vinze View Post
    every job the same.. HARD WORK PAYS off..
    really... i dun see farmers making millions... i can put in 16hrs a day and 7 days a week with my current job and still i dun make 15K per month...

i stand by my comment, bring clients to view a few flats and get paid 3-4K... of course u dun get to close every deal, and u have to work for it, but the task is just too simple...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    really... i dun see farmers making millions... i can put in 16hrs a day and 7 days a week with my current job and still i dun make 15K per month...

i stand by my comment, bring clients to view a few flats and get paid 3-4K... of course u dun get to close every deal, and u have to work for it, but the task is just too simple...
    ?? then why don't u become a housing agent?

Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    ?? then why don't u become a housing agent?
    ur questions its the same as why i dun do sales, insurance agent etc... u chose a jobs that suits u... i might not earn as much but i earn enough and i cherish my time with my family...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

vince123123
    Guests

Actually you just need to read my post at #30.

Err.... its 8 page long.... could you just give us a summary. Thxs

Quote Originally Posted by vinze View Post

there are rental, selling of HDB, Project launches...

Thus there is $$ to be earn... but its surely not an easy way to earn..
    my colleagues are pulling 15k a mth on average.. im still no where near, but im surviving with a car to feed..

should any one be interested.. feel free to ask me more
    I know abt renting selling HDB, project launches blah blah blah ....

I dun think u know where i am coming from!
    Either u dunno abt the biz or ur manager also duno or he/she din tell u!

ur questions its the same as why i dun do sales, insurance agent etc... u chose a jobs that suits u... i might not earn as much but i earn enough and i cherish my time with my family...

vince123123
    Guests

Using your point you are championing, why don't you tell me what you think the outcome is rather than bitch about it too? Besides, the 105% figure is thought up by you; and not me. I never said 105%.

A. I'm not being employed to be a policy maker; I have no responsibility nor need to think of a solution because I have not been paid to do so nor is it my job to do so.

If you pay me, I'll gladly sit down, analyse the existing and historical data and then propose a solution. Are you willing to pay me? Otherwise, shouldn't the people actually being paid to do this job, do the job?

I don't know why these sort of "No solution means no right to comment" arguments keep being bandied about. It is flawed since its inception.

B. The problem is a result of their own creation. In trying to make people think their HDB flats are appreciating in value; they have slowly propped up the market by releasing new flats at a "market subsidy". Now, the clock is too far turned to go back without coming up with a good ingenious solution. As for this solution, refer back to Point A.

Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    ok, how about if you price the hdb flats at 105% of cost price? what is the outcome??

Or if you are not happy with the currect pricing, do you have a better way to price current new HDB flats? What is the solution? Don't just bitch about it.

Err.... then you already have your question ANSWERED.... our friend is willing to spend less time with his/her family, works round the clock, as and when the client wants to meet up.... may it be day or night. Also works on Public Holidays..... So, he/she get X amount of pay for leg work + time away from family.....

Others like you & me prefer having more time for ourselves.... would have to settle for Y amount of pay even if we WORK HARD....

So, if you are willing.... you could also be a Housing Agent too.

Actually you just need to read my post at #30.

Not sure if I'm right....

But many years ago.... Govt was try hard to get S'poreans to move from Kampong to modern highrise housing so as to make better use of the land. Thats why to ensure S'porean are willing to move.... flats are sold 'Cheap'... but at the same time, RESALE is also cheap.

But as more and more S'porean get used to the idea of Highrise living.... and begin to sell their smaller unit to upgrade to bigger ones... It does seems that a common citizen could now make $$$$ on his/her property. Therefore 'Market' demand will take over. Therefore if the 'Market' seems to think my flat is worth $300K.... no way I'm going to sell it for less then $295K.

But the question of why even new flats are price so high.... I admit that I didn't do any research.... but I believe its location location location..... While a newly built 3Room in Woodlands is around $120-$185K (depending on levels).... I believe the 50 storey one at Tanjor Pager (hope I spell it right ) cost alot more.

Scuba & Father... For Life

vince123123
    Guests

Many years ago, HDB flats were sold cheap because they were sold at real cost subsidies. Resale flats will surely be more expensive as they are better than the intiial selling price.

However, if HDB stuck to cost subsidy, the new flats will still be sold at the cheap prices, and the resale flats THEN will be higher by a bit.

Scenario 1 (HDB uses real cost subsidy).

Assume three areas, A, B and C. A is built at Year 0, B is built at Year 5 and C is built at Year 10; A is located in the best space (say Toa Payoh) since that time got land, B is build further out (since land is slowly runnig out; say Ang Mo Kio and C even further out (Say Woodlands)

At Year 0, HDB builds and sells new Flats at A for $100,000.

At Year 5, Flats at A are now worth S$150,000 and HDB starts building new flats at B for S$100,000 (discounting inflation for the purposes of more easily illustrating this point).

At Year 10, HDB builds new flats at C for S$100,000 still. Flats at A are now worth S$200,000 and Flats at B are now worth S$150,000 (due to property price appreciations since A is now better than B and B is better than C).

Now look at the market subsidy situation:

Scenario 2 (HDB uses market subsidy)

At Year 0, HDB builds and sells new Flats at A for $100,000.

At Year 5, Resale Flats at A are now worth S$150,000 and HDB starts building new flats at B. But instead of selling at a real cost subsidy of 10,000, HDB now sells it at S$140,000, citing that resale flats are worth S$150,000 and now gives the market subsidy of S$10,000.

At Year 10, By this time, resale flats at B will have risen from 140,000 and at A even more. A knows that since new flats at B are 140,000; he can ask for higher. Hence A's price appreciates to say, 225,000 and B's resale price is say, 200,000.

Now, HDB builds new flats at C. Using market subsidy again, it then discounts the current resale price of B and says, since B is 200,000, my new flats at C are now S$190,000 (even though cost is still 100,000).

Can you now see the difference of how market subsidy is propping up the market? At the same time, the HDB tells you "B and A, aren't you glad your property prices are increasing?"

Now multiply this by a factor of X, and you can see where this is headed.

With the rise in HDB new flats, propping up resale flats price; the private properties also will increase in price (because the resale flats prop up their price). Now who do you think gains the most from private properties prices going up?

The everyday Joe like you and me? Or the very rich who has the money to buy 10 private properties at a go for investment?

To answer your last question, why don't you try comparing the price of a new flat in Tanjong Pagar in the 1970s compared with the price of a new flat in say, Punggol (super ulu place). Even taking into account inflation, you will see the Punggol new flat is far far far more expensive.

Not sure if I'm right....

But many years ago.... Govt was try hard to get S'poreans to move from Kampong to modern highrise housing so as to make better use of the land. Thats why to ensure S'porean are willing to move.... flats are sold 'Cheap'... but at the same time, RESALE is also cheap.

But as more and more S'porean get used to the idea of Highrise living.... and begin to sell their smaller unit to upgrade to bigger ones... It does seems that a common citizen could now make $$$$ on his/her property. Therefore 'Market' demand will take over. Therefore if the 'Market' seems to think my flat is worth $300K.... no way I'm going to sell it for less then $295K.

But the question of why even new flats are price so high.... I admit that I didn't do any research.... but I believe its location location location..... While a newly built 3Room in Woodlands is around $120-$185K (depending on levels).... I believe the 50 storey one at Tanjor Pager (hope I spell it right ) cost alot more.
    Last edited by vince123123; 16th September 2009 at 01:49 PM.

Err.... then you already have your question ANSWERED.... our friend is willing to spend less time with his/her family, works round the clock, as and when the client wants to meet up.... may it be day or night. Also works on Public Holidays..... So, he/she get X amount of pay for leg work + time away from family.....

Others like you & me prefer having more time for ourselves.... would have to settle for Y amount of pay even if we WORK HARD....

So, if you are willing.... you could also be a Housing Agent too.
    i assume u r refering to why i comment on agents are making so too much too easily, well not all jobs pays well by just working long hrs, holidays, 24/7 etc... working hard and long hours does not meant u make 15K everytime in every job... the task of the agents happens to work during non working hrs like weekends and weeknights... so if a farmer works 16 hrs a day, 24/7 for the whole yr, do u expect him/she to make 15K per month ? its a tough job i know, its hrs are not friendly i know, but that doesn't warrant u to make 15K a month with the job responsibility of the housing agent...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

vince123123
    Guests

Then be an agent lor?

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast