Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to take photos like this?

Default Re: How to take photos like this?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Ermm, since those photos are mine, why not ask me? Lolz.
    hi there.. beautiful pic.. so im here askin heheh.. hw do u take those pics.. thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by torak View Post
    LOL, why dun u ask the contributor? I noticed his style is in play wif lights. He did share how he made the shots in his CS posts, gotta search for it, I tink i saw it somewhere.

U can prefocus at that particular spot where the light shines down, AF lock and wait for the unsuspecting lady to walk by and snap it- A telephoto would be discreet. I would use manual exposure and get the desired settings before stalking. As for the bokeh, a low F stop would help single out the subject from the background.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    dannysantos also do like that.....

very simple, look for slices of light (morning or evening or noon, doesn't matter, you can get these slices at any time, but when light is directional, i.e. morning or evening higher chance).. this has to do with buildings, etc.

use long focal length, shoot lor... if you want to "bring it out more", use layers and multiply, or selective darkening, that can help. but usually don't need if the light is nice and strong.

nowadays getting more and more common, i didn't even know digitalpimp doing this, i thought dannysantos only. but please, please, make the highlighted person be someone doing something that means something.. not just random people on the street, that will be much more meaningful.
    yes yes
    i'm a fan of dannysantos too
    Canon EOS 500D|BG-E5|18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 kit| 50mm f/1.8 II | 17-40mm f/4L | 580EXII
    HOLGA GCFN 120

Quote Originally Posted by blackjedi View Post
    hi there.. beautiful pic.. so im here askin heheh.. hw do u take those pics.. thanks...
    Thanks bro. It takes a lot of practice to get this right because you're not just shooting for the sake of shooting. Most of the shots are spur-of-the-moment so available light and focus is important, speed and accuracy, and a little bit of sense of humour, if you will.

Camera Settings:
    Camera Mode: A or M (just use A if you're not comfortable with M)
    Metering Mode: Spot
    Quality: RAW
    White Balance: AWB
    ISO: Lowest possible
    AF Area: Spot
    Drive Mode: Continuous / Burst
    (** Alpha users, turn DRO off.)

- Pick places with shaded areas with streaks of sunlight peeping through anywhere or anything (i.e. building gaps, through the leaves, windows, etc) for subject isolation.
    - Do test shots first. If the subjects are too bright, lower down your EV until you get the desired effect.
    - Camp, camp, and camp. Sit on one area for hours if you have to.
    - Use burst mode. There's a reason why it's there.

PP:
    Bump up Blacks and apply vignetting to isolate the subjects a wee bit more. CS4 Camera Raw is superb for applying lens vignettes.
    Enhance the warm tone through CS4 by bumping up red, orange and yellow to taste.
    High pass filter to sharpen the images.

Hope my tips help.

Last edited by digitalpimp; 17th February 2010 at 02:04 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12