Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New to DSLR...to get or not to get?

Default Re: New to DSLR...to get or not to get?

Quote Originally Posted by imliz View Post
    The Fz50 is good but it'd be better if I have the best of both worlds.. I know, I know, I am a greedy person. LOL.
    Sound like sign of the BBB virus spreading...

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ohh no...not your thread again its a poison ivy, almost made me giving up the idea of changing to DSLR ...but so far it has been a very to the point thread and i am sure the TS will benefit from it.

From my perspective, DSLRs are bulky and requires maintenance, not to mention dry box and fungus along with dust and scratches. Prosumers give pretty good picture and are much less of a burden when travelling..

from my personal exp, in my langkawi trip, a few of my "happening" shots were taken when we were on boat for island hopping and water spraying everywhere - i would not have dared taken out my DSLR if i would have carried one - my Sony, took shots single handed!! - See what i mean!!

Go to Alan's Photo and ask for Steven! He is very patient... i am a newbie too and he is patient! Price wise, the cheapest i can find around! IMHO!

Got my Canon G10 and Nikon D5000 and Lenses from them! Nice 'Uncle' ...cant vouch for the other staff tho!

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    Sound like sign of the BBB virus spreading...
    What's BBB virus?

Hahaha... BBB = BuyBuyBuy... Hopefully I do not get this virus.... also in the situation to decide new camera

Quote Originally Posted by Mobulas Pt View Post
    Go to Alan's Photo and ask for Steven! He is very patient... i am a newbie too and he is patient! Price wise, the cheapest i can find around! IMHO!

Got my Canon G10 and Nikon D5000 and Lenses from them! Nice 'Uncle' ...cant vouch for the other staff tho!

Have fun!
    Just to double check, is it steve or steven that you bought your stuff from. The guy who usually served me is Steve Lim - An uncle about 50 years old and above??

Quote Originally Posted by HuguKYM View Post
    Hahaha... BBB = BuyBuyBuy... Hopefully I do not get this virus.... also in the situation to decide new camera
    Yeah, this BBB virus is really tempting - Especially when there's an IT fair coming up

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123