View Poll Results: Pimples - To Squeeze or not to squeeze?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Squeeze them!

44 69.84%
  • No, let them heal by itself!

19 30.16%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pimples - To squeeze or not to squeeze?

Default Re: Pimples - To squeeze or not to squeeze?

Oh yah, if you don't like using your fingers, I think Best Denki does sell some sort of pimple sucking device by Panasonic. IIRC, it's about SGD69.00?

Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Take a warm shower first. It softens the sebum and opens the pores a bit. Then wrap your two index fingers (make sure you trim your nails first) with some thin t-shirt type cloth material. All these gives you better grip, and allows for more precision, which in turn means you'll need less force, and thus will be less likely to injure your skin.

Using your index fingers, aim the pressure diagonally so that the lines of force converge below the pus well. Best if you can do it in the evening so that your skin will have some time to recover - by the next morning, the redness should be gone.

And of course, make sure you clean your fingers and your face before and after this procedure!
    Thanks!!

Take a warm shower first. It softens the sebum and opens the pores a bit. Then wrap your two index fingers (make sure you trim your nails first) with some thin t-shirt type cloth material. All these gives you better grip, and allows for more precision, which in turn means you'll need less force, and thus will be less likely to injure your skin.

Using your index fingers, aim the pressure diagonally so that the lines of force converge below the pus well. Best if you can do it in the evening so that your skin will have some time to recover - by the next morning, the redness should be gone.

And of course, make sure you clean your fingers and your face before and after this procedure!
    Pro!

That is definitely not a pimple. Pus is a sign of infection, and if there's so much spurting out of that guy's back, I'd be pretty worried if I were him.

I couldnt resist posting a reply. Lol.

You CAN squeeze pimples, provided they are "ripe" and begging to be popped. Wash your face with warm water, this will soften the skin and allow for easier extraction. Wash your hands and wrap tissue around your index fingers. Gently squeeze on both sides of the pimple. If it doesnt pop, apply gradual pressure. If it still doesnt pop, you can either give up OR use the sharp end of a blackhead extractor. Use Isopropyl alcohol to disinfect it first. Gently prick the surface of the pimple, and then squeeze out all the pus. After that apply an ice compress on the area to reduce redness and swelling. Apply some antibacterial or pimple cream.

Hope this helps!

Because I used to squeeze my pimples all the time, now I seldom go out liao...

a poll asking for opinions on squeezing zits.
    isn't this forum totally awesome?

Can you put the instructions in a youtube video with demo. This will help many people and fame for you.

One more thing: whenever we squeeze a pimple, we are actually subjecting the pores to a lot of mechanical force. The pore is already weakened by the presence of the blockage, so it is important to minimise the amount of effort needed to remove the dirt. Therefore, resist the temptation to "oversqueeze". Stop once all of the pus has been ejected!

FYI, I just popped a good one a moment ago. Looked like a tiny maggot that just jumped out of my face.

wha, i wanna vomit!
    Nikon D60 Multiply Bukit Merah Secondary School

FYI, I just popped a good one a moment ago. Looked like a tiny maggot that just jumped out of my face.

yeah... the feeling is siok...

I used to have pimples, used all kind of medications, still getting more.
    Now no more, thanks to this face cleaner - Uriage. Even eat lots of chocolate, a pimple start to come out, then a day later disappear again.

you guys make pimple squeezing an artform. kudos

You should never squeeze them because they will leave marks forever.

If you only have a few, you can use a simple acne wash daily and use something with Benzoyl Peroxide for the real pimples and they should stay under control.

One more thing: whenever we squeeze a pimple, we are actually subjecting the pores to a lot of mechanical force. The pore is already weakened by the presence of the blockage, so it is important to minimise the amount of effort needed to remove the dirt. Therefore, resist the temptation to "oversqueeze". Stop once all of the pus has been ejected!
    If you oversqueeze your pimple, it may cause something else to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    explode
    Boomz

Find a few pimpled people, then play pimple paintball. The person kenna the least puss on his body wins....
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12