Thread: Flash for A70?

Default Flash for A70?

Does anyone has any idea how to attach a flash to a A70 or similar models camera (a-series)? Can you pls PM me or reply to this thread? Please teach me... very very willing to learn.

Thanks You!

Jeremy...

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi
    Does anyone has any idea how to attach a flash to a A70 or similar models camera (a-series)? Can you pls PM me or reply to this thread? Please teach me... very very willing to learn.

Thanks You!

Jeremy...
    You need flash bracket, something like http://www.ckcpower.com/flash.htm

Note that there is no TTL/ETTL flash metering. You need a slave trigger that is sensitive to flash light since there is no PC terminal on the A70. You mount your external flash on this sensor, which is then mounted on the bracket.

When you fire your A70's internal flash, the flash light will trigger the slave sensor which will then trigger your mounted flash. Flash metering on the mounted flash is totally dependent on the flash itself ( so it must have a thryistor (sp?) sensor ), or manually controlled. You'll also need to adjust the FEC on your A70 to avoid over exposure.

You can also try using a Sigma 500 DG Super or 550EX or 420EX and set them as wireless slave, triggered by your main flash. In this case, you won't need the slave sensor since this is built into the flash, but I'm not sure of the exposure accuracy. You'll probably need to adjust the flash ratio by using FEC on both body and flash instead.

Thread moved to General, Reviews/Previews, Technical Discussions