Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pansonic GF1 try-out cum G & L Series Users (G1/GH1/L1/L10) feedback session

Default Re: Pansonic GF1 try-out cum G & L Series Users (G1/GH1/L1/L10) feedback session

Is the GF1 available for sale? If so, I'll get my credit card / cash ready....

Default Re: Pansonic GF1 try-out cum G & L Series Users (G1/GH1/L1/L10) feedback session

Just wanted to thank the organizer for the event. Fantastic session with Panasonic Product Mgr who was really listening to our feedback. And there was ample time to handle the GF1.... all these are two weeks ahead of the press release/media launch. Buffet at the end of the session was a touch of thoughtfulness - I like the chicken wings!

Now we just pray for an affordable price and not so ridiculous pricing.

I came to see for myself how the EVF feels, heard about the EVF have lesser density pixel so not sure what that means in terms of seeing thru it, I was pleasantly surprised.

I also came to have a feel of the video and it is a good video considering that Panasonic said on an 8G SD card it can take a contigous 100+ mins on AVCHD Lite, if the price is right I would buy it and also wait for EP-2. EP-2 in-body IS would offer new life to old lens, so in that regard Olympus made a good design decision to go with in-body IS, as much as I like GF1, I will still watch out for EP-2.

GF1 is using the same battery as G1, that's good to know, since the damn Panasonic battery is so expensive , since I have 2 of these and when I get the GF1 (if the price is right) I would have 3 batteries total, seems enough to shoot with. On a full charge Panasonic said it could take 330+ shots, with 3 batteries that's a cool 1000 shots.

My dilemma is Black or Gun metal Silver? Also, a request... for those who purchased with the EVF, may I request that the special hot-shoe cover is provide with an extra one? I am bound to loose the cover if there is only one per camera.

../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 13th September 2009 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    I came to see for myself how the EVF feels, heard about the EVF have lesser density pixel so not sure what that means in terms of seeing thru it, I was pleasantly surprised.

I also came to have a feel of the video and it is a good video considering that Panasonic said on an 8G SD card it can take a contigous 100+ mins on AVCHD Lite, if the price is right I would buy it and also wait for EP-2. EP-2 in-body IS would offer new life to old lens, so in that regard Olympus made a good design decision to go with in-body IS, as much as I like GF1, I will still watch out for EP-2.

GF1 is using the same battery as G1, that's good to know, since the damn Panasonic battery is so expensive , since I have 2 of these and when I get the GF1 (if the price is right) I would have 3 batteries total, seems enough to shoot with. On a full charge Panasonic said it could take 330+ shots, with 3 batteries that's a cool 1000 shots.

My dilemma is Black or Gun metal Silver? Also, a request... for those who purchased with the EVF, may I request that the special hot-shoe cover is provide with an extra one? I am bound to loose the cover if there is only one per camera.

../azul123
    Agree with your observation that the EVF is usable. Quite a good camera - good pictures up to ISO 800, thereafer it becomes noisy.

Anyone knos what the estimated pricing would be?

At amazon is it at US$900 including a 20mm 1.7 lens.

Direct conversion that is S$1,260 approx + gst 7% + usual price premium for singapore

= S$1260+88+126 = S$1,500 +?

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post

../azul123
    I think the in body IS in E-P1 makes it feel like a brick. Manage to get some hands-on for E-P1 during Comex. The AF for the 17mm and the 14-42mm for E-P1 seem a tat slow than the 20mm and 14-45mm for GF1. The noise performance for E-P1 seem better not so noisy at ISO 800 and 1600. E-P1 has 2 dial in manual mode for change Aperature and Shuttle Speed. Generally E-P1 feels heavy and more bulky (feel like hold a brick). One main thing is that it is lacking a built in flash. If E-P2 might be a good challenger if it is lighter and has a built in flash.

Pardon my ignorance.
    Could someone tell me if the Lumix Vario lens is actually a Leica lens?
    Cos i got a LX2 and the lens did labelled as "Leica" (Btw, love my LX2!)
    HOwever, the picture of the GF1 attached lens doesn't show "Leica".
    Noob

Quote Originally Posted by eooojj View Post
    Pardon my ignorance.
    Could someone tell me if the Lumix Vario lens is actually a Leica lens?
    Cos i got a LX2 and the lens did labelled as "Leica" (Btw, love my LX2!)
    HOwever, the picture of the GF1 attached lens doesn't show "Leica".
    Noob
    It is not. It is just Panasonic in-house G lens.

Anyway, the leica branding is just a certification, the panasonic stuff still make by panasonic factory. To put the red dot name on the lens, will cost you a bomb more.

geeee.....but the lx2 and lx3 have "leica" label on their lens....i really hope the lx2 and lx3 is really leica lens though

Quote Originally Posted by eooojj View Post
    geeee.....but the lx2 and lx3 have "leica" label on their lens....i really hope the lx2 and lx3 is really leica lens though
    I think they are certified to meet Leica standard, but definitely not made in Leica factory.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234