Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ris Low - Miss Singapore World 2009 talks about fashion.

Default Re: Ris Low - Miss Singapore World 2009 talks about fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    You being a senior member ah, I think yah, maybe a better chance and also... well, provided you are tall, dark and handsome and goes BOOMS and SHOUTS 'me!' with her lor.. then maybe you stand a chance to go gai gai with this 1.72m Boomer!
    sorry, i have to talk continuously without having to pause for 3 seconds now and then

i think i cannot communicate with her

tall, fail
    dark, maybe
    handsome, don't ask me, ask koala

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    sorry, i have to talk continuously without having to pause for 3 seconds now and then

i think i cannot communicate with her

tall, fail
    dark, maybe
    handsome, don't ask me, ask koala
    No no no... don't blame yourself. You and her, you both have a great fashion gap. You like cats and goats, she likes zebra and South Africa safari and khaki green stuff with jeans...
    Cannot cannot. Sure Boom really siong together one!

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    IMHO.. at the semi finals when all the contestants made their appearance, it is Already quite apparent that she(Ris) will be in the top 3 and a multi-award winner..

Not sure if the many who expressed mis-belief when they saw the winner actually saw the contest itself..

I wasn't a bit surprised frankly, as it was well within expectation.

Actually I had the "misbelief" feeling too.. but that was at the semi-finals when all contestants first appeared in front of the public.. wondering how the contestants was selected. There were a few good ones, to be fair, but less than a quarter of the total strength(in army context). And probably have similar language standard. The judges had quite an easy job, I guess.. existent of competition is.. limited.
    Summary: It could've been worse

wow.. spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Summary: It could've been worse

happyeverafter
    Guests

Firstly, I don't think the judges had a look at the video. Remember, the video became hot after the article was published in Newpaper. More than a month after she won.

It is not really a surprise that she won because she had already won a couple of subsidiary award prior to the final itself. None of these award required her to speak other than just a short introduction of herself.

She was lucky in that in the final question and answer segment (in the finals itself), she was asked a question in which she answered it well. She didn't have to make a lengthy answer and fumble like what some contestants did.

Just for the record.

She is not rich. She stays in HDB. She comes from a predominantly mandarin-speaking family. She goes to neighbourhood school. So what do you expect? She is a product of our education system. Don't blame her. Blame our education system. By the way, she got A1 for her "O" level English.

She is definitely not stupid but she just cannot articulate as well as she is not exposed to such interviews and such.

She would be better off speaking singlish like what she is doing everyday instead of trying to "sound" different. And yes, her diction is poor and pronunciation atrocious. But is beauty contest only about the ability to speak and string a couple of sentences together. She fails miserably in this aspect but it is not fatal, is it?

She has a heart of gold. Very kind-hearted girl. She has no airs about her and she is friendly and polite to everyone - including taxi uncles or the cleaning-aunties. I believe she would be a great ambassador for charity work.

She has a beauty of a heart which unfortunately, most of us cannot see.

And if you must assign blame. Blame the judges. They chose her.

Quote Originally Posted by happyeverafter View Post
    Firstly, I don't think the judges had a look at the video. Remember, the video became hot after the article was published in Newpaper. More than a month after she won.

It is not really a surprise that she won because she had already won a couple of subsidiary award prior to the final itself. None of these award required her to speak other than just a short introduction of herself.

She was lucky in that in the final question and answer segment (in the finals itself), she was asked a question in which she answered it well. She didn't have to make a lengthy answer and fumble like what some contestants did.

Just for the record.

She is not rich. She stays in HDB. She comes from a predominantly mandarin-speaking family. She goes to neighbourhood school. So what do you expect? She is a product of our education system. Don't blame her. Blame our education system. By the way, she got A1 for her "O" level English.

She is definitely not stupid but she just cannot articulate as well as she is not exposed to such interviews and such.

She would be better off speaking singlish like what she is doing everyday instead of trying to "sound" different. And yes, her diction is poor and pronunciation atrocious. But is beauty contest only about the ability to speak and string a couple of sentences together. She fails miserably in this aspect but it is not fatal, is it?

She has a heart of gold. Very kind-hearted girl. She has no airs about her and she is friendly and polite to everyone - including taxi uncles or the cleaning-aunties. I believe she would be a great ambassador for charity work.

yes. agreed. the education system must change.

so far it has been all based on what they see on the video, and we are all making our own assumptions.

i see where you are coming from. well.... this thread is more like a mob thread + very much similar to those you see in hwz.

happyeverafter
    Guests

For a 19 years old girl.. the sort of responses that she gotten here.. even suggestions of sexual favours.. that is too much liao.

I do know her personally and only today I realize the excitement she created with her interviews. But many comments are really uncalled for.

Part of the award will require her to do a fair bit of charity work. She has a genuine flair for being able to "touch" other people's life. She is an animal lover as well. Unfortunately, most of us cannot see the "beautiful heart" that she has. We can only see the "ugliest" side of her - that is her interview.

Just for the record.

aiya, speek in singlish lor! where got wrong?

lai la, relek one corner and lim kopi la! y so kanchiong?

who say wrong to speek singlish? tas our identity wat!

we all oso have hearts of gold wat! see how much we donated to nkf n ren ci! kekeke

dun worry sonny! we sarpork her! come! let us all wear animal prints in our zebar stipes and leper spots and BOOM BOOM BOOM fellow singaporeans and other fellow miss world contestants as well as ppl of other nations!

hoh seh ah! HUAT AH! mai tu liao! gagalai ah!! HUAT AH!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

For a 19 years old girl.. the sort of responses that she gotten here.. even suggestions of sexual favours.. that is too much liao.

I do know her personally and only today I realize the excitement she created with her interviews. But many comments are really uncalled for.

Part of the award will require her to do a fair bit of charity work. She has a genuine flair for being able to "touch" other people's life. She is an animal lover as well. Unfortunately, most of us cannot see the "beautiful heart" that she has. We can only see the "ugliest" side of her - that is her interview.
    aiya, join in such beauty contests is like that one la!

we all know she got bf liao! dun worry! we sarpork her deep deep all the way to jurong!

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    yes. agreed. the education system must change.

so far it has been all based on what they see on the video, and we are all making our own assumptions.

i see where you are coming from. well.... this thread is more like a mob thread + very much similar to those you see in hwz.
    hwz is wat?

education salah then we shud all send our children to neighbouring countries to get them educated!

lai lai lai! huat ah!

I am shocked to see how this thread can drag on so long without the moderators or admistrators locking it.

Never have I read so many posts deriding a person's look and diction. There is an element of lynch mob mentality about it.

This is a low point in ClubSnap's proud history.

We should all hang our heads in shame.

Ris Low is a product of Singapore society and education system.

If we can't be proud of her who can be proud of?

An imported Venezuela Beauty Queen?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I am shocked to see how this thread can drag on so long without the moderators or admistrators locking it.

Never have I read so many posts deriding a person's look and diction. There is an element of lynch mob mentality about it.

This is a low point in ClubSnap's proud history.

We should all hang our heads in shame.

Ris Low is a product of Singapore society and education system.

If we can't be proud of her who can be proud of?

An imported Venezuela Beauty Queen?
    wa! who say she not chio!!

angry liao!! she our miss world contestant okay! mai siao siao!

i sarpork her ok! ris low marry me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wa! who say she not chio!!

angry liao!! she our miss world contestant okay! mai siao siao!

i sarpork her ok! ris low marry me!!
    Chio in the heart mah.

Chio in the heart mah.
    she super chio lor! alamak! i get angry when ppl say she 'so-so oni', 'bak-geh', 'look funny', 'qio shi wo'.

dun worry singapore! sarpork one another like wat our gov said!! jiayou ris low! u can count on me like i can count on my blain to do simple maths equation!

ganbate! jiayou! HUAT AH!! GAGALAI AH!! CHIONG AH! HOOT JI LIAP KO YI SI AH!!!

pssst... can we get artemis to organise a shoot for her in CS???

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    pssst... can we get artemis to organise a shoot for her in CS???
    You want to get banned in CS Si Boh?

You want to get banned in CS Si Boh?
    wa!!!

very easy, you just go hwz and look for "wee shu min"

they couldn't make fun of her diction, so they made fun of her mole

Lucky she didn't enter MSW.

lol!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wee_Shu...litism_scandal
    google/wiki ftw
    Clean. Simple. Makes out a good composition.

Quote Originally Posted by LomoPhotographer View Post
    that was a golden age of ad hominem

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast