Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Ris Low - Miss Singapore World 2009 talks about fashion.

Default Re: Ris Low - Miss Singapore World 2009 talks about fashion.

Yeah... go win go win...
    If William Hung can make it, so can Ris Low!

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Jerry Canonised Maguire?
    haha, no la .... more like Sam and Molly in Ghost ...

Hold her hands from behind her and start moulding the clay vase, with "unchained melody" softly playing in the back ground .....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    haha, no la .... more like Sam and Molly in Ghost ...

Hold her hands from behind her and start moulding the clay vase, with "unchained melody" softly playing in the back ground .....
    Well... That would make sense if:

1. After marrying her you cannot tahan anymore and kill yourself, thus becoming a ghost.
    2. At least in that scene, Molly wasn't talking at all. Which is good if you're stuck haunting Ris for eternity. It would be like purgatory, or the 9th level of hell. Imagine having to listen to her talk and sing forever...

Sion might like it though.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 4th September 2009 at 04:36 PM.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Well... That would make sense if:

1. After marrying her you cannot tahan anymore and kill yourself, thus becoming a ghost.
    2. At least in that scene, Molly wasn't talking at all. Which is good if you're stuck haunting Ris for eternity. It would be like purgatory, or the 9th level of hell. Imagine having to listen to her talk and sing forever...

Sion might like it though.
    I'd rather Molly die then... so Whoppi can get tortured listening to her... And we can have peace forever...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    I have a strong feeling da Jie Ris is reading this thread.

I think my beckside will tear soon
    Please! If Miss Ris is so courageous as to be reading this thread, I would direct her to Wikipedia where there are so many other links to comments on her.
    Aiyoh... I can't bear it! If I were her, I would be hiding away... Scared lah...

I have a strong feeling da Jie Ris is reading this thread.

I think my beckside will tear soon
    Hmmm i wonder will she laugh or will she cry.... if she needs to get away from sg to hide somewhere.... my place here in California is open to her....

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Please! If Miss Ris is so courageous as to be reading this thread, I would direct her to Wikipedia where there are so many other links to comments on her.
    Aiyoh... I can't bear it! If I were her, I would be hiding away... Scared lah...
    Sion can be her image consultant... confidant... manager, watever...

i only scared dio wack by Sion with his pink bikini nia...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Ris,

You make life beautiful for us!

Quote Originally Posted by idor View Post
    Hmmm i wonder will she laugh or will she cry.... if she needs to get away from sg to hide somewhere.... my place here in California is open to her....
    Ur place sound proofed?

Quote Originally Posted by idor View Post
    You can stand her speech?
    Alpha

I will be having dinner with auntie Long Piao Piao from tw tonight... I will ask her to help groom baby ris
    who is that? 聋皮凹屁凹?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Sion can be her image consultant... confidant... manager, watever...

i only scared dio wack by Sion with his pink bikini nia...
    ... and Uncle will also be the supplier of that famous long straw too.
    Eh you yourself maybe kena whack backside by Missy Ris herself for this wonderful suggestion. If my confidential info is not wrong, i remember Miss Ris LOVES silky smooth tofu which Uncle would be supplying too...

Hi guys and gals, I think we seem to have overdone the jokes here. I call this bullying. I am in total agreement that she neither have the looks, grace, mannerism and worse of all the wit to deserve the title but hey, she got the title through the judges' decision. So lets be kind to her. If there is anything to whack, it shd be the judges' that deserved this type of treatment. However, another question that came to my mind was, "Were the other contestants so bad?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan Chua View Post
    Hi guys and gals, I think we seem to have overdone the jokes here. I call this bullying. I am in total agreement that she neither have the looks, grace, mannerism and worse of all the wit to deserve the title but hey, she got the title through the judges' decision. So lets be kind to her. If there is anything to whack, it shd be the judges' that deserved this type of treatment. However, another question that came to my mind was, "Were the other contestants so bad?"
    Actually if I may ask politely, Ihsan Chua, what do you think is the answer to this very important question you have raised?

Ris Low fan spotted

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Actually if I may ask politely, Ihsan Chua, what do you think is the answer to this very important question you have raised?
    I really have no answer to this. I am just wondering whether the decision by the judges could be due to scoring system. Sometimes, the scoring system may have equal weightings in the different criteria. Due to the limitations of the system, she may have scored exceptionally high in certain areas which result in a high total score. It does not give a heavy discount like her lack of wit. This is pretty common during competition judging.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Ris Low fan spotted
    How would like your own children to be buliied online?

I will be having dinner with auntie Long Piao Piao from tw tonight... I will ask her to help groom baby ris
    i thought you mispelled .... thought you meant auntie Liang Por Por .... then baby Ris can learn to speak "ho ho ho ho" properly
    always the Light, .... always.

I really have no answer to this. I am just wondering whether the decision by the judges could be due to scoring system. Sometimes, the scoring system may have equal weightings in the different criteria. Due to the limitations of the system, she may have scored exceptionally high in certain areas which result in a high total score. It does not give a heavy discount like her lack of wit. This is pretty common during competition judging.
    Meaning that at the end of the day, the several judges may find, to their shock, that the one who scores highest may not be the one they have in mind. But certainly, in judging events like these, there will be a final session when the distinguished members of the panel can come together and pow-wow and say: "Maybe mathematically everything seems to be in order, but hey guys, looking at it logically, if we are given a final choice between candidate A and candidate B, how are we going to choose?" (or something like that? No?)

I certainly note your point about 'bullying' and I respect your taking this stand. I guess it is not uncommon in Kopitiam, like many other forums, to find members having a good-natured crack at each other at the end of the day, and the attention would have been gradually drawn more so towards making fun of each member with only a remote reference to the singular involved party as an excuse to poke fun at each other, in this case Miss Ris (as you may have noticed towards the later parts of the thread).

Again, allow me to just humbly say again that it is more difficult to regulate and control an online forum that is open to virtually anyone in the world, as compared to the forum, say, on the printed media. Therefore, I am sure everyone who reads this thread would have seen and taken note of your point.

Finally, coming back to the question about the judges... well, I guess life is just that, isn't it? My humble opinion is that she is certainly not an ideal representative for our beautiful country. But what to do? As I have said earlier, I do not agree with this decision, but I have to accept it.
    Last edited by limwhow; 4th September 2009 at 05:29 PM.

eh just repost the judge video again for others to watch... lol... hopefully got youtube version...

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27101112131417 ... LastLast