Thread: Goodbye to a Sad and unpeaceful year

Default Goodbye to a Sad and unpeaceful year

Today is the last day of a damned year, so many bad things have happened during the year 2003.

It is a bad year, for the economy is at its worst, people getting retrech and cannot find a job, there's the war where many have died, the SARS, and mindless bombing.

So I wish for the next year to be better, and mindless bombing to stop, wars to end, hungry people to get fed, and better environmental education to the people.

It may sound impossible, but well at least we wished!

so

Happy New Year
    Everyone, am looking forward to diving with you guys and shooting wet or dry!
    Last edited by lovells19; 31st December 2003 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19
    Today is the last day of a damned year, so many bad things have happened during the year 2003.

It is a bad year, for the economy is at its worst, people getting retrech and cannot find a job, there's the war where many have died, the SARS, and mindless bombing.

So I wish for the next year to be better, and mindless bombing to stop, wars to end, hungry people to get fed, and better environmental education to the people.

It may sound impossible, but well at least we wished!

so

Happy New Year
    Everyone, am looking forward to diving with you guys and shooting wet or dry!
    AYE mate...

may the year ahead of us, be one that is better than the one we have been through!

Happy New Year

take it easy my friend

go 4 a 1st jan 2004 morning swim! followed by a good'ol fternoon run. fresh start for a NY

Default Not really.

Well, It isn't really a bad year....

SARS
    While I admit it killed many innocents, I feel this incident has highlighted many things. More people are now aware of the need for hygenie like washing your hands more often and no spitting, and the mass toilet cleaning drive was previously never taken seriously until recently, With the "Singapore OK" campaign and such many companies have started to hire more cleaners, use Anti-bacterical soaps in toilets and some even invested in air purifiers in office that can kill virus and germs...

The incident has also "created" the new Home Quarantinee Orders, and educated the public to what it is and be responsible to adhere to it when served the order (one fellow had to be punished though)

In future, Be it SARS or the next infectious outbreak, many will learn from this incident and benefit from it.

War in Iraqi
    I won't comment if it is right or not to start it.
    But Frankly, I believe eventually all things will iron out, With many investors coming to Iraqi to invest and re-build, Iraq may be a next China in 30-40 years time???

Terrorism
    In the past, one single incident of a bomb in here and there, will send econmony spiraling down, but now many investors and company are "used" to the threats of terrorism, everywhere many companies brush up on their BCP (Business Continuity Plan) and implent security measures that all of us has taken for granted in the past.
    People used to complain about bag checks and say the police or security guards are paranoid and un-duly worried.

Now with X-Ray inspection and bag checks even in NDP, Aerospace..etc people are taking it in their stride and admit the world is slightly safer than before and it also started the Security Guards Certification program, in which private security firms have to send their guard to security courses...etc and guards are more trained and professional.

Reminds me of the motto in the popular Sci-Fi game "Wing Commander IV"
    The Price of Freedom is External Vigilance

Retrenchments
    Yeah, it sucks when you work all your life for your company and it boots you out.
    But the econmony has moved up since the start of 2003,
    STI is up from 1400 to 1740 and may breach 1800 in 1Q of 2004. GDP is expected to be +1% this year instead of negative.
    Tourism, a major industry, is recovering....

I would say Given all the Bad news that happened from 2001 till now, there has been considerable Good news of late.

Till then, Happy New Year everyone..!!!!

thread moved to kopitiam

lovells, take heart. life goes on, much as we dont want them to happen, the unfortunate incidents bring out the glow of your happiness...
    Last edited by beivied; 31st December 2003 at 02:30 PM.

Lovells,

Happy New Year.

Spare a thought for the millions dying from AIDS each year in Africa and soon to be SE Asia as that's by far the worst tragedy of the year.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Blog Entries

Talking new year

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Lovells,

Happy New Year.

Spare a thought for the millions dying from AIDS each year in Africa and soon to be SE Asia as that's by far the worst tragedy of the year.
    hear, hear! peace for the new year to all ClubSnappers!

Lets hope that those jobless who have been "classified" by potential employers as old, uneducated or not highly educated, find jobs so that they could support their family. Met many of them who felt unwanted but are the people who had sacrificed tremendously to make what the country is today and how the younger generation benefitted from it.
    "They sow the seeds, we reap the harvest"

May the New Year give them hope and peace.