Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

Thread: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    .. not only shooting lei, the organiser shouted at photographers for blocking his lens view woh..

    i think those photographers must have left their brains at home, brought camera + lenses + batteries + memory cards and everything .. except brains
    nah, those cameraman is bringing the term 'Paid to Serve' to a higher level...

    anyway, i won't wanna elaborate on the things what organisers should or should not do... since an organiser have already replied in here... i think its the 'norm' here rite...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    oh ya, i think 1 more line the organiser might not wanna explicitly say... but some shoots really i dunno... pay peanuts get monkeys?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #23

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If he organises a shoot, I will volunteer to be the model for him.
    Ok perfect, got model and reflector holder liao. Now only lack sponsor for Green Tea

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If he organises a shoot, I will volunteer to be the model for him.
    onz... i wan u in bikini... in fact... i'll do a free for all shoot... 1:100 mass shootout.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #25

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    oh ya, i think 1 more line the organiser might not wanna explicitly say... but some shoots really i dunno... pay peanuts get monkeys?
    well... the irony is u actually pay quite expensive and yet get peanuts .. that is the main thrill manz
    Last edited by Exposure; 2nd September 2009 at 11:38 AM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    ... unfortunately, that organiser can say.. "one slot avail mah.. so i filled up loh" horrible service ~ take money and still talk like that.
    which 1?

    well, take a count lor... if he advert 6 slots, then u count 6 photographers. shoot him about filling slots...

    if advert 6 slots, then 5 photographers... he shoot, also tell him off... y, ur job is organiser, not a shooter...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    well... the irony is u actually pay quite expensive and yet get peanuts .. that is the main thrill manz
    nah, these are cheap, from a participant point of view... what 20 bucks kinda stuff... but trade off with shooting with so many ppl... often a waste of time.

    some models does feedback says some guys here actually shoot non-stop, trying to make money worth... even when they're taking a sip also take their pics...

    probably guys here need to understand, rest is rest, shoot is shoot... picture an image u want before the shoot instead of go there see what shoot wat...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #28

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    .. not only shooting lei, the organiser shouted at photographers for blocking his lens view woh..

    i think those photographers must have left their brains at home, brought camera + lenses + batteries + memory cards and everything .. except brains
    Which organiser?
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    organizer main job is to faciliate the shooting session, if the organizer is shooting, its as good as u r paying for he/she to shoot... i won't bother joining next time, but still their are ppl kind enough to let these things happen...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  10. #30

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    ... unfortunately, that organiser can say.. "one slot avail mah.. so i filled up loh" horrible service ~ take money and still talk like that.
    wah, liddat oso can ah? which organiser ah? pm me if not convenient to expose here. thanks!

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    expose here better... actually there is a feedback thread there... i wonder y nobody utilise it...

    its not about slamming bad service, its about helping the rest of the members and also rid bad organisers and support good organisers... (of course, have to minus off the bitch slapping fest amongst themselves if any)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #32

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    tats y kinda disappointed in this kinda shoots, not professionally done, but later i sure kena hoot by ppl then ask me organise 1 shoot...

    i think in CS quite simple, ppl who join shoots just wanna increase shutter count.
    There was once i was at a studio shoot. (Not organised by CS).

    I held the electric fan for everyone as i felt frustrated when i saw the fan blowing at the wrong angle. The model love the shots by other photographers. When it came my turn, no one bothered. I asked one to help me, but he any how blow. I also no mood to shoot. In the end, the model expected me to show her nice pictures, i told her i dont have any to show. She asked why, i told her i was the only one who was willing to hold the fan.

  13. #33

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    wah, liddat oso can ah? which organiser ah? pm me if not convenient to expose here. thanks!
    Forward to me too...

    But I like organisers that can be shot too... Best is brought along bonus male model...
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  14. #34

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    nah, these are cheap, from a participant point of view... what 20 bucks kinda stuff... but trade off with shooting with so many ppl... often a waste of time.

    some models does feedback says some guys here actually shoot non-stop, trying to make money worth... even when they're taking a sip also take their pics...

    probably guys here need to understand, rest is rest, shoot is shoot... picture an image u want before the shoot instead of go there see what shoot wat...
    Del_CtrlnoAlt, i am not talking abt prices, i believed be it 10, 20 or 80 or even 150 dollars, customer is still a paying customer, an organiser must behave and did the basic duties of an organiser. Prices dun equal service level, but the attitude of organiser or model does.

    Please note i am not referrring to the budget shoots, in fact i am quite impressed by some budget shoots, some budget shoot organisers are really good.
    Last edited by Exposure; 2nd September 2009 at 12:30 PM.

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    There was once i was at a studio shoot. (Not organised by CS).

    I held the electric fan for everyone as i felt frustrated when i saw the fan blowing at the wrong angle. The model love the shots by other photographers. When it came my turn, no one bothered. I asked one to help me, but he any how blow. I also no mood to shoot. In the end, the model expected me to show her nice pictures, i told her i dont have any to show. She asked why, i told her i was the only one who was willing to hold the fan.
    who ask u geh kiang? lol... should instruct the organiser to do it wat...

    but then not CS 1... too bad... CS 1, also lan lan...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  16. #36

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    There was once i was at a studio shoot. (Not organised by CS).

    I held the electric fan for everyone as i felt frustrated when i saw the fan blowing at the wrong angle. The model love the shots by other photographers. When it came my turn, no one bothered. I asked one to help me, but he any how blow. I also no mood to shoot. In the end, the model expected me to show her nice pictures, i told her i dont have any to show. She asked why, i told her i was the only one who was willing to hold the fan.
    bro now i knw why u dun shoot nowaday...
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    Del_CtrlnoAlt, i am not talking abt prices, i believed be it 10, 20 or 80 or even 150 dollars, customer is still a paying customer, an organiser must behave and did the basic duties of an organiser. Prices dun equal service level, but the attitude of organiser or model does.

    Please note i am not referrring to the cheap or budget shoots, in fact i am quite impressed by some budget shoots, some budget shoot organisers are really good.
    thats the thing... u dun voice out... nothing improves, now noobs think its the norm, so all diam diam pay money...

    of course some limits should be set.

    Organisers are facilitators for shoot, hence not a shooter... this is basic knowledge, they can shoot after not during.

    If things listed down thats going to be provided for the shoot, 1, make sure its there, 2, make sure someone is there to manage it. If you bring a reflector, then ask shooters to use it themselves, might as well dun bring. I think all studio assistant are not born to know how to hold reflector, and its the duty of the shooter to instruct where the light should be reflected upon instead of the organiser.

    But dun expect, say, u thirsty, u ask organiser to go buy a drink for you...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  18. #38

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    There was once i was at a studio shoot. (Not organised by CS).

    I held the electric fan for everyone as i felt frustrated when i saw the fan blowing at the wrong angle. The model love the shots by other photographers. When it came my turn, no one bothered. I asked one to help me, but he any how blow. I also no mood to shoot. In the end, the model expected me to show her nice pictures, i told her i dont have any to show. She asked why, i told her i was the only one who was willing to hold the fan.
    my fren, if i would u, the fan will be switched off, i will pack up and leave without a word
    Last edited by Exposure; 2nd September 2009 at 12:45 PM.

  19. #39

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    bro now i knw why u dun shoot nowaday...
    no lah bro, that was long before i know you.

    now i dating my fav xmm (old flame)... so not allowed to shoot other xmm lor

  20. #40

    Default Re: who holds reflectors at "paid" shoots ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    my fren, if i would u, the fan will be switched off, i will pack up and leave without a word
    no lah, sometimes, i just do it to make it a great shoot for everyone. i help set up and pack the studio too. So, its ok, at least, it was part of my learning process.

    so, i did not hold any grudge. Just sway only nia.... but hey, at least the model cheer me up... that was priceless.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •