Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Pictures

Default Re: Help with Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    As mentioned by Rashkae: no point getting any filter, your lens already causes glare. A cheap filter will only bring in more of it, no expensive filter will remove the glare from your lens. These are reflections at the surface of the various glass elements inside the lens. You cannot 'cure' this with external filters.
    Lens hoods are either dedicated for each lens (genuine hoods from lens manufacturer, using bayonet mounting, usually petal-shaped) or you can use 3rd party lens that are screwed on the filter thread. Genuine hoods are not cheap but the petal shape is best. Hoya has some round rubber hoods that can be adjusted to the focal length to avoid vignetting.
    Understooded on the filter part so i guess i'll have to go to canon to look for petal shaped hoods then so for my kit lens which i have 18-55 and 55-250, i think i'll probably get 1 first ...

Cheers!

Default Re: Help with Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by conkeychua View Post
    Understooded on the filter part so i guess i'll have to go to canon to look for petal shaped hoods then so for my kit lens which i have 18-55 and 55-250, i think i'll probably get 1 first ...

Cheers!
    In a way, although there can be generic models, you should be aware that different hoods are designed for different lenses. Hope you don't think that the 18-55 and 55-250 can share the same canon hood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12