Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Uniquely CS... Ppl like to hear nice things even thou comments welcome written...

Default Re: Uniquely CS... Ppl like to hear nice things even thou comments welcome written...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    my fiendboy posted this...

well, i never said i was good... neither do i need a hypocrite judge... if you have no options to improve the forum, just bug off... oh ya, i can see every single thing you post. U self proclaim as an uncle who is good fren with Mr Donut... wanna slam openly slam lor, humji...

back to topic... how? well, i think if the trend is to be all the active commentators gradually demoralise and stop posting and only nice pics be posted. then i'll probably respect that...

thread closing later.
    who is mr donut?

bakuteh very funny , he provides me with much entertainment!

Default Re: Uniquely CS... Ppl like to hear nice things even thou comments welcome written...

Don't close lah..

Or.. since SG is a democratic society, why not start a poll on whether this thread should be closed? if majority say close then close lor.. 顺民意 mah..

thread closing later.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Don't close lah..

Or.. since SG is a democratic society, why not start a poll on whether this thread should be closed? if majority say close then close lor.. 顺民意 mah..
    This kind of idea you also can come out with..

I still don't get this thread since i don't even know where it started

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl852 View Post
    maybe shld create a new section.. called the "Ego Boosting Corner". but i think if you want very ego boosting comments go post at cozycot.. i frequent both cs and cozycot.. wa siao the difference between the "male" forum and female forum is atrocious i tell you. the girls there have nth but praises, even if you look like sh*t they tell you you look absolutely gorgeous and sexy.

Please lah, we all know what girls do to each other. Sing fake praises to one another then gossips behind each other's back. Don't tell me it's not true

I can understand the prob. When i started, I was afraid to comment ( get mocked) or bashed when I post (pride ) but then if I don't get criticised, how else am I going to improve? Sometimes we are so happy like a puppy after every shoot & post without thinking. Guess we all have to let go of our ego, reputation & let others judge or just stay behind the line & read+see.

Does a senior means better skills here? Does a newbie means he know nothing? Do we challenge the commentator to post his/her works to prove a point? I've come across several forummers who said they've stopped posting their works here after a while. This is sad....

Maybe when we comment, we should use "kind" tones over here as most of us can't take harsh crits & simply ease up as well on both sides. I've seen some US forums that give very constructive crits & everybody shares+learn. Is it an Asian pride or happens everywhere?

Now, I'm wondering if we can comment on photos in other sections other than portraits & crit corner. Sometimes I see people defending the T/S saying, he didn't ask for comments or crits so we should shut up.

So, has it become a place for posting pics to share? or a forum for improving photography? I think CS has grown so big that I'm still discovering new sections every time I visit.

Ok, think I talk too much for the day.
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

well, i never said i was good... neither do i need a hypocrite judge... if you have no options to improve the forum, just bug off... oh ya, i can see every single thing you post. U self proclaim as an uncle who is good fren with Mr Donut... wanna slam openly slam lor, humji...

back to topic... how? well, i think if the trend is to be all the active commentators gradually demoralise and stop posting and only nice pics be posted. then i'll probably respect that...

thread closing later.

errr, what is "humji"?

thread closing later.

Wah wah wah wah!! Start already start already. Don't close this thread please.

But you call people 'humji', that one not consider flame bait meh? If you use this type of approach to C&C other people's photos, sure will create big reaction one what

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    Please lah, we all know what girls do to each other. Sing fake praises to one another then gossips behind each other's back. Don't tell me it's not true
    hahaha but girls enjoy living in delusions what.
    but guys more tokong, shoot already behind still gossip during their "manly talks", pot calling kettle black ba

but guys more tokong, shoot already behind still gossip during their "manly talks", pot calling kettle black ba

Do guys do that? I really don't know

are you saying that cs buddy groups are actually all females in disguise?

i think sometimes guys more bitchy than girls!

just look at this thread

yalor yalor.. you started the thread, so muz let pple comment freely rite? If you close the thread.. isn't it like the subject of this thread? TS who cannot tahan free expressions (whether C&C or whatever) in their thread.. hehehehe..

so.... you post, I post.. the thread muz go on.... ( adapted from the titanic movie )

Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post

Maybe when we comment, we should use "kind" tones over here as most of us can't take harsh crits & simply ease up as well on both sides. I've seen some US forums that give very constructive crits & everybody shares+learn. Is it an Asian pride or happens everywhere?
    it happens everywhere.

just a matter of whether you know where to look.

every forum has its own pet section where the most commentary goes on. here it is P&P.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    errr, what is "humji"?
    you don't know meh...

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think sometimes guys more bitchy than girls!

just look at this thread
    yes...

catfight

bitchfight

wa see the result of bitchfighting (click here), kinda scary.

maybe shld create a new section.. called the "Ego Boosting Corner". but i think if you want very ego boosting comments go post at cozycot.. i frequent both cs and cozycot.. wa siao the difference between the "male" forum and female forum is atrocious i tell you. the girls there have nth but praises, even if you look like sh*t they tell you you look absolutely gorgeous and sexy.
    Another cotter here...totally agree. If you say something even remotely close along the lines of negativity, the girls will pounce on you and ask you to keep your comments to yourself. And all of them will agree.

"It's not very nice of you to say that...."
    "You should keep those negative comments to yourself..."

If they can't handle negative comments, don't post their pictures. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    Maybe when we comment, we should use "kind" tones
    I don't frequent the Gallery much and I only read the first and sixth pages of this thread, but I think this suggestion has merit.

I agree that giving feedback to other photographers will help them improve, but the tone, how you give this feedback, is also as important as the content, i.e. what is in your feedback.

Maybe in our Asian culture, the prevailing mindset is that it is better to be harsh with a person in order to help them improve, but not everyone reacts well to this. Perhaps advice is better accepted if it comes from a "mentor" rather than from a "sifu"?

Also remember that this is the Internet and half of what you intended to communicate is lost.

But you call people 'humji', that one not consider flame bait meh? If you use this type of approach to C&C other people's photos, sure will create big reaction one what
    i'm just bringing it to public...

anyway, i don't use this kinda 'style' to do critique... if you've noticed, unless the person turn hostile...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Hi all

I think night96mare's earlier part suggestion is good, the one who put "good comments please" filter or something like that..
    Hmm, so far I have not posted any pics for critics yet so i dont know..
    cos most of the time i see people dont appreciate others comments and CSers dont appreciate people's photos either. So both parties contribute yea.

But for me if i am gonna post, i will receive and respect their c&c, unless their comments are really.. tsktsk.
    Here is a good example and that TS take good response on that! *salute*
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...58&postcount=6
    then
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...98&postcount=8

This is really a role model manzxzzxc.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast