Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Uniquely CS... Ppl like to hear nice things even thou comments welcome written...

Default Re: Uniquely CS... Ppl like to hear nice things even thou comments welcome written...

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    in real life.

i have to admit i also have double standards sometimes.
    that's human.

it just one till what extend
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Default Re: Uniquely CS... Ppl like to hear nice things even thou comments welcome written...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    After a short hiatus, came back... still the same...

Probably we should have a thread sticky up there to warn members not to give negative feedback about pictures no matter how they feel.
    I think the point here is not whether the comments given are negative or positive, it's how they are being given.

Simply put, negative comments do not need to be rude & insulting.

To me, i always respect what's other works as it's their pride.

And i believe, no one could totally understand what the pg or "artist" want to portray as we can only try our very best to understand if one is interested with the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupi Guy View Post
    ok, post where? here?

but my pics CMI leh LOL

Need write up?

I post your portrait!
    in correct section lah...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    I think the point here is not whether the comments given are negative or positive, it's how they are being given.

but some just couldnt stand some photos u see then funny comments will come in.

I think recently, the SOS's result debate is an good example.

in correct section lah...
    what you mean?

ok ok, portrait then at portrait section?

i tot u will open a new section mah

what you mean?

ok ok, portrait then at portrait section?

i tot u will open a new section mah
    critique corner got its own way of moderation liao... so far so good... its the other sections...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

critique corner got its own way of moderation liao... so far so good... its the other sections...
    lol, i didt got there leh cos need to write too much.... which i cant make it....

but i tot other section is just to let people to post what they shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Maybe they are too pampered with nice comments given by their friends.....

Giving them true comments, they felt that it is an insults, and giving excuses that they like it this way or they are no professional photographer and blah blah.....

They are more of eager to upload/show off all the shots they had taken during the weekend, waiting to heard nice words to justify their time and money spent.
    they listen to too much GOLD 90 FM liao...

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    they listen to too much GOLD 90 FM liao...
    LOL.......

definitely they don't

but sometimes what is defined as rude and insulting varies.

if i say that i think the work is bad, some people say i am rude and insulting.
    if i say that i think the work is horrible, some people say i am rude and insulting.

where do we draw the line?

if i think the work is bad, i should say that it is so, right?
    if i think the work is horrible, i should say it is so right?

insulting the work, should be allowed. insulting the person, that is another matter altogether. i don't see why comments on the WORK are taken so personally sometimes, it is as if if i say that xxx photograph is really horrible the person takes it to mean that he is horrible.

post liao Boss...

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...00#post5399000

As for DP you have mention, his comments dun really help too (IMO) It more like brushing his own ego.

It just how i feel, as for his work, it's not for me for sure
    it depends.

sometimes he gives very nice comments with great detail of what he thinks can be done better.

sometimes it is just a short curt negative comment.. well.. to each his own. i normally substantiate negative comments. positive comments, it depends.

definitely they don't

if i say that i think the work is bad, some people say i am rude and insulting.
    if i say that i think the work is horrible, some people say i am rude and insulting.

where do we draw the line?

if i think the work is bad, i should say that it is so, right?
    if i think the work is horrible, i should say it is so right?

insulting the work, should be allowed. insulting the person, that is another matter altogether. i don't see why comments on the WORK are taken so personally sometimes, it is as if if i say that xxx photograph is really horrible the person takes it to mean that he is horrible.
    it's the approach of giving.

it depends.

sometimes he gives very nice comments with great detail of what he thinks can be done better.

sometimes it is just a short curt negative comment.. well.. to each his own. i normally substantiate negative comments. positive comments, it depends.
    lol, you also said liao mah "to each his own" which i have been saying ah!

it never can be justify as everyone of us see things differently mah

it's the approach of giving.
    of course.

eikin does it very well, i follow his example, but even then people will take comments too personally, to the point of going to my thread and posting obviously flamebaiting comments..

best part is these people not even the poster of the pictures i comment about, they just part of the group involved and feel the need to defend their comrades. anyways, that was a while ago.. must forgive and forget!

i think negative comments should be substantiated with a good starting point in mind.

lol, you also said liao mah "to each his own" which i have been saying ah!

it never can be justify as everyone of us see things differently mah
    yes, but sharing points of view properly.. that is also important.

how to say "to each his own" if haven't presented properly each individual point of view? what if it is the same thing actually?

ya defintiely have some grey areas, but sometimes it is so damn obvious...

of course.

eikin does it very well, i follow his example, but even then people will take comments too personally, to the point of going to my thread and posting obviously flamebaiting comments..

best part is these people not even the poster of the pictures i comment about, they just part of the group involved and feel the need to defend their comrades. anyways, that was a while ago.. must forgive and forget!

i think negative comments should be substantiated with a good starting point in mind.
    lol, as for your case hahaha cos you too popular liao. Just like DCA also always kana aim leh....

ya defintiely have some grey areas, but sometimes it is so damn obvious...
    then there is the report post button.

usually those blatantly rude and self-propping comments.. a lot of members will whack one, so don't have to worry.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast