Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ link card with Giro

Default Re: EZ link card with Giro

IMHO it's neither giffen goods nor public whatever goods....

It Ah Kong goods, uniquely Ah Kong. Standard definations dun apply.
    Last edited by CYRN; 4th September 2009 at 10:02 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I don't mind to pay the so called "convenience fee" if they just charge 10 cents but 25 cents a little too much
    Especially last time no need to pay and now with more advance technology shd be even cheaper
    it doesn't matter if it's 25 cents, 10 cents or even 5 cents. the issue now is the "convenience fee". wtf is it for really?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

It's not true that it takes 21 days to activate the GIRO link. I submitted my application thru email on 31 Aug and received a notification on 1 Sep. Printed out the email and went to a Translink outlet on the same day and activated the GIRO link.
    Last edited by redstorm; 5th September 2009 at 11:32 AM.

We should add our comments to the Today Paper's thread on this issue, and hopefully we will get our views heard by a broader audience than just Clubsnap (I'm sure there are people from Transitlink who are also CS members, but oh what the heck...)

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/ED...-fees-a-hassle

Best to refrain from inflammatory comments though, coz that will just degrade the thread.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    It's not true that it takes 21 days to activate the GIRO link. I submitted my application thru email on 31 Aug and received a notification on 1 Sep. Printed out the email and went to a Translink outlet on the same day and activated the GIRO link.
    That was what was stated in the notification letter. You had a fast notification because there are not many people going for Giro. If all current Giro opt for the new scheme, you see if they will take 21 days or not?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Till now no other reply of their rational for the Fees, i even email to LTA for their feedback so called.

So will credit card company charged for every top-up like those Citi-Bank EZ-Link card etc anyone any idea
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    Till now no other reply of their rational for the Fees, i even email to LTA for their feedback so called.

So will credit card company charged for every top-up like those Citi-Bank EZ-Link card etc anyone any idea
    Yes bro, they have been charging 25 cents since day one. But there's no deposit. When using credit card to top up, at least the card holder earn points from the credit card. This sort of offset the 25 cents that you paid for if you look at it the other way, but yet, it's still 25 cents billed.

While using CC is an alternative, we have to take into consideration of those who don't possess a credit card, i.e., the general public.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Yes bro, they have been charging 25 cents since day one. But there's no deposit. When using credit card to top up, at least the card holder earn points from the credit card. This sort of offset the 25 cents that you paid for if you look at it the other way, but yet, it's still 25 cents billed.

While using CC is an alternative, we have to take into consideration of those who don't possess a credit card, i.e., the general public.
    So any MP know of this during the Feedback Session
    My Models

So any MP know of this during the Feedback Session
    Not sure. May be anyone here can update? Let's bring this to a higher level.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

That was what was stated in the notification letter. You had a fast notification because there are not many people going for Giro. If all current Giro opt for the new scheme, you see if they will take 21 days or not?
    How do you know not many people going for GIRO?

$0.25 convenience fee per top-up;

$1.50 Application fee per card*;

A refundable deposit amount equivalent to the chosen EZ-Reload by Giro top-up amount for each ez-link card

$2 administrative fee for each unsuccessful deduction from bank account

* Application fee is waived if application form reaches EZ-Link before 26 February 2010.

fourth point, see the different between the old version and new version now $2 for unsuccessful deduction, from my usage i dun think there any from the old card, it just that u can entry the gate and u need to top up by cash or whatever means.
    My Models

I was thinking of switching to using GIRO with the new CEPAS card, but it looks like I'll be sticking to doing the auto top-up direct to my card instead.

There is no deposit required for CC auto top-up right?

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    How do you know not many people going for GIRO?
    I queued up at Bugis MRT ticketing station the other day for a 1-1 exchange of the card. It was quite a long queue and there was an LTA lady standing around asking everyone in the queue if they wanted to go for Giro. She was wearing a LTA T-shirt, so I think she was employed by LTA to assist those who may have problems changing the card to have Giro facility, and to help with people filling up the 'APPLICATION FORM' (since when we had application form for Giro activation, remember it was done instantly from the TransitLink machine?).

To my surprise, about 10 people, all in front of me, all choose not to go for Giro, although they are current Giro card users! It may be a coincident, but from what I've encountered here, people have gotten the letter from EZLink and most of them found it's not worth going for this CONVENIENT facility. There was this 50ish woman in front of me, and after knowing that there was this 25 cents 'convenient' fee to be charged for every successful deduction from the LTA lady, she said: 'Woah...so expensive. 25 cents for every deduction, No thank you'.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

• $0.25 convenience fee per top-up;

• $1.50 Application fee per card*;

• A refundable deposit amount equivalent to the chosen EZ-Reload by Giro top-up amount for each ez-link card

• $2 administrative fee for each unsuccessful deduction from bank account

* Application fee is waived if application form reaches EZ-Link before 26 February 2010.

fourth point, see the different between the old version and new version now $2 for unsuccessful deduction, from my usage i dun think there any from the old card, it just that u can entry the gate and u need to top up by cash or whatever means.
    Yes, you're correct on the 4th point. I purposely tried to top up my current Giro card when there is not enough funds in my account, from a bus. Guess what, our system is very intelligent and convenient one. Cannot top-up!

Also, there is no penalty fees for any unsuccessful attempts to top-up.
    Last edited by Virgo; 6th September 2009 at 09:36 AM.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by ramian View Post
    I was thinking of switching to using GIRO with the new CEPAS card, but it looks like I'll be sticking to doing the auto top-up direct to my card instead.

There is no deposit required for CC auto top-up right?
    I don't think so. Checked with my colleague who uses CC to top-up. There's an additional charge of 25 cents for every successful top-up, but no deposit.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

yeah. y a 25cent top up charges when last time they didn't charge...
    Newbie here :)
    Nikon D90 | AFS 16-85mm VR | AFS 70-300mm VR | AF 50mm f/1.4 | SB-600

Last time was a "mistake".. this time is a golden chance to rectify that "mistake"..

Quote Originally Posted by godaikyoko View Post
    yeah. y a 25cent top up charges when last time they didn't charge...
    Last edited by Limsgp; 6th September 2009 at 06:50 PM.

She might have mistaken "25cts for every trip" with "25cts for every top up"..

25cts is not a lot actually ( per $50 top up for e.g. ), althou the important issue here is that there is no justification for it.

she said: 'Woah...so expensive. 25 cents for every deduction, No thank you'.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    She might have mistaken "25cts for every trip" with "25cts for every top up"..

25cts is not a lot actually ( per $50 top up for e.g. ), althou the important issue here is that there is no justification for it.
    Not really. The LTA lady took her time to explain to the lady, who is in front of me. I guess she understood.

25 cents can come up to quite a significant amount of money if it's long term. I won't even pay if they can justify it, although no reason to show they can.

This time they can say 25 cents. Next time if they say 50 cents how?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

with the old card, to sign up for GIRO, just go to the big machine at the MRT put in both your cards (ezlink and ATM) and press a few keys/numbers, the GIRO is activated immediately

with the new card, gotta write so many details, and it takes 2-21 days to activate.

how 'convenient'

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4789101114 ... LastLast