Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ link card with Giro

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: EZ link card with Giro

No one knows, but I know that transportation is tightly controlled by the government. Any form of pseudo competition they try to introduce are laced with much terms and conditions (fares, height of steps etc) such that no one can really compete.

Perhaps the real oldbies can share how it was like in the past when there were many bus companies.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    yes, competition has worked for them

but it remains to be seen if it will work so for transportation/card services. i don't think it will, actually, but anything's possible in this time and age.

Just came back from the transitlink ticketing office, fuming mad...

Here's what happened: Went down to the ticketing office, ask for my existing EZLink card with Giro facility to be exchanged for a new one, now without the Giro facility. Just simply transfer the existing amount from the old card to the new one, and I'll do manual top-up from now onwards.

Guess what? They said they can't do it. Reason being, I have just had a Giro top-up on my old card, and they cannot do the transfer now. I have to go back to the ticketing office again after 3 days, the system can then initiate the transfer!

What kind of system is this? Stupid system designed by stupid a**h***s!

Ladies and Gentlemen, go spread this and tell everyone we have such a WORLD-CLASS transport system! Cannot even do a simple 1-1 exchange just because my card has done a Giro top-up today! Haiz...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

before exchanging for the current CEPAS card, i was using the UOB NOW card, Visa + Ezlink. and since UOB was going to terminate the entire NOW card program, i thought why not just exchange to the new CEPAS and guess what, the PRC lady over at the counter told me they have to keep my VISA CARD if i want to exchange for the CEPAS. WTF, seriously?

then LL, no choice i had to call up UOB and terminate the card before i head down to the office again. i also demand to cut the card into pieces infront of me before i leave..

ZZZ.. why would they want to keep somebody's VISA? can't they just terminate the damn card? why they want to keep the cards that in pieces and of no use to them when i can have it back and use till expiry?

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Just came back from the transitlink ticketing office, fuming mad...

Here's what happened: Went down to the ticketing office, ask for my existing EZLink card with Giro facility to be exchanged for a new one, now without the Giro facility. Just simply transfer the existing amount from the old card to the new one, and I'll do manual top-up from now onwards.

Guess what? They said they can't do it. Reason being, I have just had a Giro top-up on my old card, and they cannot do the transfer now. I have to go back to the ticketing office again after 3 days, the system can then initiate the transfer!

What kind of system is this? Stupid system designed by stupid a**h***s!

Ladies and Gentlemen, go spread this and tell everyone we have such a WORLD-CLASS transport system! Cannot even do a simple 1-1 exchange just because my card has done a Giro top-up today! Haiz...
    Actually, this has nothing to do with EZ-link... it's GIRO verification lag time.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Bro, this is what they called themselves having a WORLD CLASS transport system. I will so ashamed of myself in front of foreigners if they know what we have been through.

Quote Originally Posted by IamJeFfy View Post
    before exchanging for the current CEPAS card, i was using the UOB NOW card, Visa + Ezlink. and since UOB was going to terminate the entire NOW card program, i thought why not just exchange to the new CEPAS and guess what, the PRC lady over at the counter told me they have to keep my VISA CARD if i want to exchange for the CEPAS. WTF, seriously?

then LL, no choice i had to call up UOB and terminate the card before i head down to the office again. i also demand to cut the card into pieces infront of me before i leave..

ZZZ.. why would they want to keep somebody's VISA? can't they just terminate the damn card? why they want to keep the cards that in pieces and of no use to them when i can have it back and use till expiry?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Again, this has nothing to do with EZ-link, rather the banking system, you need to terminate your visa via the bank... juz call the respective bank call centers will be able to terminate your card.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Again, this has nothing to do with EZ-link, rather the banking system, you need to terminate your visa via the bank... juz call the respective bank call centers will be able to terminate your card.
    i went to the ezlink office with intentions only to terminate the ezlink facility of the card, not the Visa (since that was my only Visa, other than NETS).

why would i want to terminate the visa at the ezlink office?

and FYI, i had to pay $3 (or was it $5) for the NOW card ezlink activation.

Err.. how you know she's PRC? Anyway, there is no mistake on the lady's part..

I encountered similar issue with a malay lady at the counter too when trying to get a refund from the NTUC Plus Visa card with Ezlink function. It's the SOP (confirmed with OCBC bank). They will keep the card (for unknown reason).. no choice but to request for a new card from the bank before surrendering the old card. What a waste..

For what ever reasons, all this 'conveniences' arised because of EZLink Giro/debit facility. What a WORLD CLASS system!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Why do you stop using ATM to top up? Additional charges?
    Nets carried a fee...

http://www.case.org.sg/downloads/cen...0Increases.doc
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Are you sure bro? You mean when you go to any POSB/DBS ATM to top up your EZLink card, it charges you a fee? How much?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Are you sure bro? You mean when you go to any POSB/DBS ATM to top up your EZLink card, it charges you a fee? How much?

I think there is cos it is nets.. They don't charge the customer but charge the company (MRT in this case). I started using cash becos I not happy the banks increase the charges just like that.

Who is going to pay all these charges? You and me eventually.. Either cash or credit card for me only.

vince123123
    Guests

NETs has all along had a fee, but NETS is different from GIRO

I think there is cos it is nets.. They don't charge the customer but charge the company (MRT in this case). I started using cash becos I not happy the banks increase the charges just like that.

Who is going to pay all these charges? You and me eventually.. Either cash or credit card for me only.
    Who cares if NETS is charging to MRT? One pocket in and the other out only. As long as they don't charge me, I'll be using it. Can any one confirm on this please?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

i went to the ezlink office with intentions only to terminate the ezlink facility of the card, not the Visa (since that was my only Visa, other than NETS).

why would i want to terminate the visa at the ezlink office?

and FYI, i had to pay $3 (or was it $5) for the NOW card ezlink activation.
    paiseh... I misunderstood your post

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Who cares if NETS is charging to MRT? One pocket in and the other out only. As long as they don't charge me, I'll be using it. Can any one confirm on this please?
    I really hope there is no fee for ATM top-up. Just checked with my colleague and he said "no, there is no charge". ~phew~ So I guess that's what I'll do. The link below also does not indicate that DBS/POSB ATMs or AXS machines charge any convenience fee.
    http://www.ezlink.com.sg/consumer/consumer_top.jsp

Am waiting with baited breath for Transitlink's reply on the Today paper. Hope this generates more awareness and anger!
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    NETs has all along had a fee, but NETS is different from GIRO
    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I really hope there is no fee for ATM top-up. Just checked with my colleague and he said "no, there is no charge". ~phew~ So I guess that's what I'll do. The link below also does not indicate that DBS/POSB ATMs or AXS machines charge any convenience fee.

Am waiting with baited breath for Transitlink's reply on the Today paper. Hope this generates more awareness and anger!
    I know Nets and Giro is different.. But they decided to raise the fee from 0.30/0.55 up to 1.8%. A whopping 200+%

Nets (the group of banks actually) do not charge consumer like us the transaction fee. The thing is someone must pay.. and that will be the consumer eventually.

You do not get charge a cent when you top up using nets. But MRT do.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post

Thanks for the confirmation bro. I would be really amazed if they charge a fee for even ATM top-up. That's really convenient!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Err.. how you know she's PRC? Anyway, there is no mistake on the lady's part..

I encountered similar issue with a malay lady at the counter too when trying to get a refund from the NTUC Plus Visa card with Ezlink function. It's the SOP (confirmed with OCBC bank). They will keep the card (for unknown reason).. no choice but to request for a new card from the bank before surrendering the old card. What a waste..
    from her looks and the way she talks.. easy give away..
    anyway, i couldn't request for another card because the bank had already ceased the program. i had to apply for another card which took me about a week. so much so for inconvenience..

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    paiseh... I misunderstood your post
    lol, no worries..

vince123123
    Guests

NETS can't charge us because their contract is with the vendor. However, many vendors have since imposed surcharges onto customers (see SLS and other places) even though this may be in breach of their contract with NETS.

I know Nets and Giro is different.. But they decided to raise the fee from 0.30/0.55 up to 1.8%. A whopping 200+%

Nets (the group of banks actually) do not charge consumer like us the transaction fee. The thing is someone must pay.. and that will be the consumer eventually.

You do not get charge a cent when you top up using nets. But MRT do.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast