Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ link card with Giro

Default Re: EZ link card with Giro

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I'm thinking to do this about ezlink giro
    I will apply giro on my ezlink card BUT I will keep monitoring the amount, once below $10 will do manual topup whenever I free, but just incase I forgot or too busy then giro auto topup will kick off.
    See if anyone agree with me
    Sounds like a great idea!

Basically giro just for emergency

I went to exchange fore a new card yesterday, but was told that only can refund, cannot exchange for new card.

So what if it is a credit card, it's still have the ezlink chip and ezlink function.. why cannot exchange.. so the value of the "card" is totally non existent lah..?

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    Nope. Since the exchange has extended, you should quickly go and exchange unless you dun mind buying a new card and ask for refund.

vince123123
    Guests

Armadilo jsut gave us a great idea Now, see if EZLINK will plug this by disabling manual topup on GIRO cards!

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    I went to exchange fore a new card yesterday, but was told that only can refund, cannot exchange for new card.

So what if it is a credit card, it's still have the ezlink chip and ezlink function.. why cannot exchange.. so the value of the "card" is totally non existent lah..?
    yup.... your credit card company will give u a replacement card with the same credit card details.

However, u can still use the old card as a credit card.
    G

So maybe they feel that it is cheaper to maintain those counters and GTMs..

And considering that the no. of GTMs will have to cater to peak hour traffic, they will need to maintain a number of GTMs that is probably idling 90% of the time and consuming electricity.. talk about being environmentally friendly.. (someone say they're "green in their advertisements?).

If GIRO is encouraged and, say, 95% of commuters is on GIRO plan, wouldn't it mean less money spend on operating these GTMs? And since there'll be a number of new MRT stations in the pipeline, it will incur less expenses by buying less GTMs.. Are these not obvious benefits to the company?

And naturally, GIRO is much "greener" than those GTMs that sits there idling and consuming electricity and generating heat 24/7 in some air-conditioned MRT stations. It's not a lot, but it counts, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post

For EZ-Link, the benefit to the company is not that obvious as you obviously have to pay before you travel, which means money collection is never a problem. If you refuse to pay, u don't get to travel. Period. That's why they don't absorb the charges because these schemes are to the benefit of the users. Furthermore, if I remember correctly, those cards linked to credit cards will have the amount refunded to the credit account if the card is lost. That is additional benefit to the users. So in this case, they can pass the bank charges to the users and get away with it.

Nope. The new CC does not have ezlink functions.

The old CC will be retained and cut into half if you want the refund on the remaining value.

yup.... your credit card company will give u a replacement card with the same credit card details.

However, u can still use the old card as a credit card.
    Last edited by Limsgp; 1st October 2009 at 12:44 PM.

Already mentioned in post #43..

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=43

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I'm thinking to do this about ezlink giro
    I will apply giro on my ezlink card BUT I will keep monitoring the amount, once below $10 will do manual topup whenever I free, but just incase I forgot or too busy then giro auto topup will kick off.
    See if anyone agree with me

u using the citibank? they din even let me refund. they tell me wait till dec....they will refund by then

It's OCBC Uplus (NTUC) Card..

I have the impression that Citibank will issue a new card with the ezlink function ( Post #240 )? no need to spend money buy new card.. unlike the OCBC cC..

Quote Originally Posted by iMac08 View Post
    u using the citibank? they din even let me refund. they tell me wait till dec....they will refund by then

Nope. The new CC does not have ezlink functions.

The old CC will be retained and cut into half if you want the refund on the remaining value.
    Which card are you holding? The Citibank SMRT card?

If you're holding the Citibank SMRT card, the replacement card will be Cepas enabled and you can use it as a credit card and a EZLink card. The auto-topup has also been activated and it's defaulted to $30 if you are on auto-topup previously.

Which MRT station did you go to? I had no problem at City Hall. They are supposed to refund you and retain your card when you present it to them.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

It's OCBC Uplus (NTUC) Card..

I have the impression that Citibank will issue a new card with the ezlink function ( Post #240 )? no need to spend money buy new card.. unlike the OCBC cC..
    Yes, the OCBC one is different. With the Cepas conversion, likely the OCBC one will not be able to use the EZLink function.

Get a Citibank one better.

i was at admiralty mrt. i ask for refund. the guy told me no need. wait till dec. i was quite puzzled also. cause whatever is top up i have already pay in my bill so why can't i refund.

anyway i find giro so troublesome. yes citibank gives new cards. but they gave so late. and the top up change to $30 and i have to wait 10days to change back to $50. what a hassle. 25c admin fee is irritaitng but i don't carry a lot of cash with me all the time. and i hate to line up and wait for others to top up. so i din mind that 25c admin fee. but it is stupid that everything change back to $30 so now we can top up more and they can earn more.so silly. i always tell my friends credit card is like lottery tickets to these company..more u use more they earn. u don't pay on time..even better...they earn interest...

i was at admiralty mrt. i ask for refund. the guy told me no need. wait till dec. i was quite puzzled also. cause whatever is top up i have already pay in my bill so why can't i refund.

anyway i find giro so troublesome. yes citibank gives new cards. but they gave so late. and the top up change to $30 and i have to wait 10days to change back to $50. what a hassle. 25c admin fee is irritaitng but i don't carry a lot of cash with me all the time. and i hate to line up and wait for others to top up. so i din mind that 25c admin fee. but it is stupid that everything change back to $30 so now we can top up more and they can earn more.so silly. i always tell my friends credit card is like lottery tickets to these company..more u use more they earn. u don't pay on time..even better...they earn interest...
    That's weird. I thought we have to get the refund by Sept 30 and convert to use the new cards today? Maybe I was wrong. Maybe you want to check at another MRT station instead.

Oops sorry, overlook it, didn't read all the pages
    Thanks

I called up citibank and they told me it will be mailed to me. Wait 5 more days.

I tried the old card not working this morning. Lucky I am ready with backup.

For now have to use my backup card which I have changed much earlier (backup for when my parents are here - so they dont have to travel and pay tourist fare) and safe them from having to queue up all the time to buy ticket.

Backup has no giro link. I will not bow under this kind of pressure.
    I am already stop using NETS for as much as I can possibly do it since they raise the fee to the merchants. (I always ask if the give me discount for paying cash rather than using nets - and for small merchants I tell them I use cash cos I dont like how NETS use their monopoly to do this kind of things.)

What basically EZlink is doing is behaving in monopolistic way - as they have no competitor.

So maybe they feel that it is cheaper to maintain those counters and GTMs..

And considering that the no. of GTMs will have to cater to peak hour traffic, they will need to maintain a number of GTMs that is probably idling 90% of the time and consuming electricity.. talk about being environmentally friendly.. (someone say they're "green in their advertisements?).

If GIRO is encouraged and, say, 95% of commuters is on GIRO plan, wouldn't it mean less money spend on operating these GTMs? And since there'll be a number of new MRT stations in the pipeline, it will incur less expenses by buying less GTMs.. Are these not obvious benefits to the company?

And naturally, GIRO is much "greener" than those GTMs that sits there idling and consuming electricity and generating heat 24/7 in some air-conditioned MRT stations. It's not a lot, but it counts, doesn't it?
    yup...but the benefits are not tied directly to money collection, that's where justification needs to be prepared. furthermore, they wun want to dismiss those aunties at the GTMs and create bad press. also, it might be in their contract/tender agreement that these GTMs must be kept in operation for a certain period of time....

a lot of time, lots of decisions are made but reasons not explicitly expressed because they want to avoid negative publicity.

anyway, at least they didn't force you to use the giro...so u still have a choice if you want to pay for that convenience. just hope they decide not to take away that option and enforce us to only have giro-linked cards..
    G

After counting the windfall from the "convenience fee".. wonder if they may one day declare.. "In order to go GREEN, we will remove all GTMs and issue only GIRO-linked cards".... and special "Non GIRO cards" with $50 deposit on top of Card Value.

"The $50 deposit is to help offset the cost of maintaining the counter staffs to service those pple w/o bank account to link the GIRO.."..................

anyway, at least they didn't force you to use the giro...so u still have a choice if you want to pay for that convenience. just hope they decide not to take away that option and enforce us to only have giro-linked cards..
    Last edited by Limsgp; 1st October 2009 at 03:18 PM.

After counting the windfall from the "convenience fee".. wonder if they may one day declare.. "In order to go GREEN, we will remove all GTMs and issue only GIRO-linked cards".... and special "Non GIRO cards" with $50 deposit on top of Card Value.

"The $50 deposit is to help offset the cost of maintaining the counter staffs to service those pple w/o bank account to link the GIRO.."..................
    Don't think they will get rid the GTM

anyway i find giro so troublesome. yes citibank gives new cards. but they gave so late. and the top up change to $30 and i have to wait 10days to change back to $50. what a hassle. 25c admin fee is irritaitng but i don't carry a lot of cash with me all the time. and i hate to line up and wait for others to top up. so i din mind that 25c admin fee. but it is stupid that everything change back to $30 so now we can top up more and they can earn more.......
    yeah....that is something i can't figure out too but i guess they went for the easy way out?
    G

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718 ... LastLast