Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ link card with Giro

Default Re: EZ link card with Giro

In that case, it's important to let the public aware of the possible consequences of letting ezlink off with the "convenience fee"..

Wonder if anyone wrote to the strait times forum..? so far only heard of letters to Today and some chinese newspapers..

GIRO is suppose to a case of consumers providing convenience for organizations.. helping the companies save cost and run more efficiently.. And the organizations would provide some incentives for consumers in return for their kindness to sign up for GIRO (and make it convenient for the billing organizations to collect the money).

Since when did it became the other way round?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Its just a matter of time.

After that the banks will also start charging these organisations higher for GIRO since they know they will be passed on for the consumer can bear as convenience fees. Upward price spiral; just you wait

100% agree with Limsgp, giro mean our money transfer to the billing company without fail, such as my singtel, pub, insurance bill, all by giro, meaning those company will get the money on due date, almost without fail.

So, whoever receive the money shd benefit from giro scheme, no doubt.

Why EZlink so special?

vince123123
    Guests

That is why we keep discussing on the Forum mah. ST Forum also has published letters on this; but either the same rubbish reply or no reply.

I agree with you on the GIRO bit, but in Singapore, companies can get away with anything cos their PAPa allows them to. So we have this situation now lor Doesn't help when there are people who are apathetic and live with it or just lower their own expectations to cope with the "system".

A conspiracy theorist will say that GIRO is like a drug; put it let you enjoy; then when you cannot do without it; start charging you for it. EZLINK is the first test case to see if they can charge; if so, the floodgates will open

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    In that case, it's important to let the public aware of the possible consequences of letting ezlink off with the "convenience fee"..

Wonder if anyone wrote to the strait times forum..? so far only heard of letters to Today and some chinese newspapers..

GIRO is suppose to a case of consumers providing convenience for organizations.. helping the companies save cost and run more efficiently.. And the organizations would provide some incentives for consumers in return for their kindness to sign up for GIRO (and make it convenient for the billing organizations to collect the money).

Since when did it became the other way round?

That is why we keep discussing on the Forum mah. ST Forum also has published letters on this; but either the same rubbish reply or no reply.

I agree with you on the GIRO bit, but in Singapore, companies can get away with anything cos their PAPa allows them to. So we have this situation now lor Doesn't help when there are people who are apathetic and live with it or just lower their own expectations to cope with the "system".

A conspiracy theorist will say that GIRO is like a drug; put it let you enjoy; then when you cannot do without it; start charging you for it. EZLINK is the first test case to see if they can charge; if so, the floodgates will open
    Exactly. A test case indeed. I'm not sure about most of us, but I'm sure I will not abide by their 'rules' so easily. Ask me to pay I pay meh? I'm quite sure a lot of us won't go for the current fees. Not sure if we can have some statistics how many willingly pays for this new 'convenient' fees?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Another one in today's ZaoBao. Maybe bro goering can help translate it again? Thanks in advance.

也谈易通卡的新财路服务

(2009-09-29)

意见栏
    林鸣皋

读了本月22日刊登于交流站的林博明君的《易通卡的不合理收费》后,我也有话说。

过去几年,为了方便人们不必特地跑去地铁站或巴士转换站去添值,易通卡公司推出财路计划。参加了财路计 划后,如果易通卡的储值完了,就自动添值,服务快捷免费。自今年8月27日起,易通卡公司推出新财路服 务计划,即:注册费收1.50元(目前暂不收费,优待至明年2月26日),每添值一次收服务处理费0.25 元。现在经济还没有全面复苏,易通卡公司推出这样的措施,实在令人费解。要知道,我国实行财路服务计划的公 司很多,如;新能源的水电费,市镇理事会的杂费,教育部的学生学杂费,电话局的电话费,资讯局的电视执照费 等等。它们并没像易通卡公司那样要收服务处理费及注册费。何况,易通卡公司过去几年都没收费也能维持,为什 么却在这民生艰难的时刻来收费?希望易通卡公司高层诸公能多体恤民情,免了这服务处理费及注册费,则搭客幸 矣!

另者:易通卡公司的顾客服务电话原本是免费的1800-2255663,现在也改为收费的64968300。要知道:易通卡报失,易通卡被扣错钱等,人们都要找易 通卡公司。这是重要的客户服务,为何不能免费呢?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Some broken translation..

For the past few years, to facilitate the commuters so that they do not have to visit the MRT station or us interchange on purpose just to top-up, Ezlink company introduced the GIRO scheme. After joining the GIRO scheme, if the stored value in the Ezlink card is used up, it will auto top-up, and the service is fast and free. Starting from 27th Aug this year, Ezlink company introduced the "new" GIRO plan, aka: Registration fee $1.50 ( For the time being no collection of fees, offer till 26 of Feb next year), every top-up incurs a processing fee of $0.25. Currently the economy has not fully recovered yet, For the Ezlink company to introduce such a scheme, it is really puzzling. Note that, our country has many financial companies that implemented the GIRO scheme, such as: utility bills from Singapore power, S&C charges from the town councils, Misc fees for students from MOE, phone bills from Telecoms, TV license fees from IDA etc.. They, unlike Ezlink company, do not collect service charges and registration fees. Moreover, Ezlink company has for the past few years, manage to sustain their operations even w/o collecting fees. Why, at a time when the people are facing difficulties, do they impose a fee? It is hoped that the gentlemen at the higher management of Ezlink company can understand the people’s feeling, and waive off the processing fees and registration fees, to the good fortune of the commuters ~!

Add: Ezlink company’s customer service hotline that was originally toll-free 1800-2255663, have been changed to non toll-free 64968300. Note that: for reporting of lost Ezlink card, and reporting of wrong deductions of Ezlink card, everyone has to contact Ezlink company. This is important customer service, why can’t it be free?

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post

过去几年,为了方便人们不必特地跑去地铁站或巴士转换站去添值,易通卡公司推出财路计划。参加了财路计 划后,如果易通卡的储值完了,就自动添值,服务快捷免费。自今年8月27日起,易通卡公司推出“新”财路服 务计划,即:注册费收1.50元(目前暂不收费,优待至明年2月26日),每添值一次收服务处理费0.25 元。现在经济还没有全面复苏,易通卡公司推出这样的措施,实在令人费解。要知道,我国实行财路服务计划的公 司很多,如;新能源的水电费,市镇理事会的杂费,教育部的学生学杂费,电话局的电话费,资讯局的电视执照费 等等。它们并没像易通卡公司那样要收服务处理费及注册费。何况,易通卡公司过去几年都没收费也能维持,为什 么却在这民生艰难的时刻来收费?希望易通卡公司高层诸公能多体恤民情,免了这服务处理费及注册费,则搭客幸 矣!

另者:易通卡公司的顾客服务电话原本是免费的1800-2255663,现在也改为收费的64968300。要知道:易通卡报失,易通卡被扣错钱等,人们都要找易 通卡公司。这是重要的客户服务,为何不能免费呢?
    Last edited by Limsgp; 29th September 2009 at 11:18 AM.

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm, the article, if correctly translated, seems to be inaccurate. I understand in the past, the company administering the EZLINK card is TransitLink Pte Ltd; and during transitlink's time, there was no charge for GIRO. The new EZLINK Card (CEPAS capable) is administered by a new company, called EZLINK Pte Ltd, which is wholly owned by the LTA.

Guess for most readers, they don't really concern about who issued the card.. they just conveniently referring it as the Ezlink company.. whoever it is that issues the card..

So there is 2 different organizations that is conveniently referred to as "Ezlink company"..

Hmm, the article, if correctly translated, seems to be inaccurate. I understand in the past, the company administering the EZLINK card is TransitLink Pte Ltd; and during transitlink's time, there was no charge for GIRO. The new EZLINK Card (CEPAS capable) is administered by a new company, called EZLINK Pte Ltd, which is wholly owned by the LTA.
    And this is even worse. Being a government company, they're charging us for 'convenience'? I can understand a private company's aim is to make profit, but a company wholly owned by LTA charging this kind of fees is just not acceptable.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Guess for most readers, they don't really concern about who issued the card.. they just conveniently referring it as the Ezlink company.. whoever it is that issues the card..

So there is 2 different organizations that is conveniently referred to as "Ezlink company"..
    Yes, I understand that there are 2 different companies involved here. Transitlink (then) and Ezlink (now), but I think most of us don't understand why there are 2 companies to take care of this service, including myself.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

vince123123
    Guests

Maybe the Govt decided it wants to milk this cashcow directly?

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Yes, I understand that there are 2 different companies involved here. Transitlink (then) and Ezlink (now), but I think most of us don't understand why there are 2 companies to take care of this service, including myself.

肥水不流外人田

Don't let the fertile water flood into other pple's farm..

Maybe the Govt decided it wants to milk this cashcow directly?

And finally, someone wrote to ZaoBao on the deposits. Relevant translations welcome.

易通卡的财路按金真有必要吗?

(2009-09-30)

意见栏
    李思燊

易通公司在今年初发出新一代的成人易通卡,并宣布取消3元交通按柜金;不过其原本定于7月27日推出的 成人自动财路加值服务,却不知何故要迟至8月27日才能启动。和以往自动加值服务不同的是此次需填交一份 财路加值申请表,上面需注明加值的金额(从20元至50元任选),更特别的是还需另外缴交一笔相同于加值 金额的可退回保证金给易通公司。

我不明所以,后据其服务电话专员的解释,才知道原来所谓自动加值并非银行直接过账,像我们用提款卡 在通联加值机前只需几秒钟就搞定的加值法,而是在卡值用尽时,由易通公司先借一笔等值的钱存入卡,之后再等 客户过账成功来抵消这一笔账。以往有些乘客户头无钱,还继续使用易通卡,使公司垫出的钱收不回来而蒙受损失 ,所以就有必要收取等值的保证金了。

我对这奇怪的系统有些疑问。易通公司大可预设最低自动加值点,不必等到卡值为零才自动加值。财路加值与 亲身用提款卡加值相比难道真的那么慢?没有其他更好的方法吗?卡片如几次加值失败,在余值用完时就应该终止 操作,让乘客付现金去买票好了。公司何需垫款?

乘客为减少付2角半加值费,大多会选择50元的自动加值额。再加上保证金,约有近100元存在公司处。 虽说是可退回,也是一笔不小的负担,再说除非不乘用公共交通工具,否则谁会在短期内退卡。易通公司坐拥这一 大笔无息现金真有点不合理,希望其他有意见者也来讨论。
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

vince123123
    Guests

English version :P

I'm thinking to do this about ezlink giro
    I will apply giro on my ezlink card BUT I will keep monitoring the amount, once below $10 will do manual topup whenever I free, but just incase I forgot or too busy then giro auto topup will kick off.
    See if anyone agree with me

just to digress abit.

i topped up my old ezlink forgoetting that today it will be invalid liao.
    then today tapped, so paiseh invalid. Meaning my 10 dollars burnt already?
    Can I just transfer that to my new card?

Need to unlock is it for new cards? Can be done anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    just to digress abit.

i topped up my old ezlink forgoetting that today it will be invalid liao.
    then today tapped, so paiseh invalid. Meaning my 10 dollars burnt already?
    Can I just transfer that to my new card?

Need to unlock is it for new cards? Can be done anywhere?
    Nope. Since the exchange has extended, you should quickly go and exchange unless you dun mind buying a new card and ask for refund.

Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I'm thinking to do this about ezlink giro
    I will apply giro on my ezlink card BUT I will keep monitoring the amount, once below $10 will do manual topup whenever I free, but just incase I forgot or too busy then giro auto topup will kick off.
    See if anyone agree with me
    Think someone suggested this earlier and I don't think there is any regulation against it. The only downside is that Ezlink will take the same amount for top up as deposit for Giro to bank account. Maybe just select $10 as top up so Ezlink wouldn't be holding too much of your money or Giro to credit card.

mmm.... i guess everyone has a choice not to apply for GIRO.

You can manually top-up the card as and when it is necessary. For that, you save 25 cents per top-up. Why let them earn that 25 cents per top-up?

Most companies absorb the bank charges for GIRO/Credit-card direct debit schemes because these schemes are for their benefits. These schemes help ease the manpower and time needed to ensure prompt money collection so that's why they absorb the fees. Usually these companies provide services and bill for payment later and so, such schemes theoretically reduce their risks.

For EZ-Link, the benefit to the company is not that obvious as you obviously have to pay before you travel, which means money collection is never a problem. If you refuse to pay, u don't get to travel. Period. That's why they don't absorb the charges because these schemes are to the benefit of the users. Furthermore, if I remember correctly, those cards linked to credit cards will have the amount refunded to the credit account if the card is lost. That is additional benefit to the users. So in this case, they can pass the bank charges to the users and get away with it.

So i guess in this case, u either pay 25 cents for convenience each time your card get reloaded or u can queue up at the machines/counters to top up and save the 25 cents. The question now is if the time you spent to queue up at machines/counters is worth more or less than the 25 cents.
    G

Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh View Post
    Think someone suggested this earlier and I don't think there is any regulation against it. The only downside is that Ezlink will take the same amount for top up as deposit for Giro to bank account. Maybe just select $10 as top up so Ezlink wouldn't be holding too much of your money or Giro to credit card.
    And don't forget you need to pay a deposit to Ezlink which equals to each top-up amount.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast