Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ link card with Giro

Default Re: EZ link card with Giro

Quote Originally Posted by Omega23 View Post
    Can i cancel my giro ezlink card online or by phone dun want to join the long qs at the tanslink office... idiots... they only know how to make our life miserable..
    I'm afraid not bro. Another way is you wait for the expiry date, which is end of the month, and allow the card to lapse. However, in that case, you lose the chance of a free upgrade to the new card (without Giro), and all your money in your old card.

I don't think you'll go with this option, so blessings from Ezlink, you still have to queue.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

vince123123
    Guests

I got my card exchanged today with termination of the GIRO link. Surprise, I Saw on the receipt that there is a 2014 expiry date. Does anyone know what the expiry date means? Expired means cannot use and S$3 kaput? OR expire means we need to queue up to exchange for a new one? Or?

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    I got my card exchanged today with termination of the GIRO link. Surprise, I Saw on the receipt that there is a 2014 expiry date. Does anyone know what the expiry date means? Expired means cannot use and S$3 kaput? OR expire means we need to queue up to exchange for a new one? Or?
    Yes, I also have that in my receipt. Looks like we all need to go change to a new card before it expires, thus the deposit can be transferred. After the date, really kaput liao I think.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

IIRC, similar to existing cards. These cards have a 5yr MTBF reliability. Also Heng-Suay one.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

I guess the 30/Sep dateline is when the old card cannot be used anymore. It's not the dateline to get refunds. Even after 30/Sep, it should still be possible to get refunds on the old card, which would be un-usable by then.

Upz for this thread. There's another posting in today's ZaoBao:

http://www.zaobao.com/yl/yl090922_006.shtml

易通卡的不合理收费

(2009-09-22)

意见栏
    易通卡的不合理收费

林博明

最近易通卡(EZ-Link)公司发信通知:如果利用财路增值新卡(EZ-Reload by Giro),每次征收两毛半的所谓Convenience fee费用。贵报读者似乎没有人提起这件事。

到目前为此财路付款无论是水电、电话、学费包括以前的易通卡(新卡为CEPAS-Compliant Adult ez-link card)都是免费的。如果易通卡公司这次首创收费成功,难保其他公司商家还有样学样。

两毛半似乎是个小数目,让我们简单计算一下,如果选择20元的卡贮值,每天用2元乘巴士或地铁,20元 只够10天,这样每10天就须自动增值一次,每次费用两毛半,一年大概要9元,两毛半是20元的1.25% ,而目前最高的银行定期存款利率是1%(促销的优待),1000元的利息一年也不过区区十元,如果有10万 财路用户,易通卡公司一年就平白获得90万元,而且一分钱不用存银行,非同小可!难怪此费命名为便利费 。

还有,易通卡公司并没有保证以后不会调整这费用。

我们希望易通卡公司能取消这无中生有的便利费。
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

vince123123
    Guests

Anyone can translate? :P

Translate.Google.com or babelfish?

can copy the whole chunk and paste it there.

Sigh ... just surrendered my old card today ...

Not sure if anyone noticed, but there was an article about this EZ-Link issue in the recent Sunday Times. Basically it was a summary of all the forum letters so far, but included interviews with other commuters.
    Not sure if EZ-Link has replied to this... they are (deservedly) generating a lot of heat with this issue.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Not sure if anyone noticed, but there was an article about this EZ-Link issue in the recent Sunday Times. Basically it was a summary of all the forum letters so far, but included interviews with other commuters.
    Not sure if EZ-Link has replied to this... they are (deservedly) generating a lot of heat with this issue.
    So far, I think they have hide themselves up and play missing. Nothing heard from them. Cowards...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

me too surrender my card

and do topup at POSB ATM
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

意见栏
    易通卡的不合理收费
    林博明
      最近易通卡(EZ-Link)公司发信通知:如果利用财路增值新卡(EZ-Reload by Giro),每次征收两毛半的所谓Convenience fee费用。贵报读者似乎没有人提起这件事。
      到目前为此财路付款无论是水电、电话、学费包括以前的易通卡(新卡为CEPAS-Compliant Adult ez-link card)都是免费的。如果易通卡公司这次首创收费成功,难保其他公司商家还有样学样。
      两毛半似乎是个小数目,让我们简单计算一下,如果选择20元的卡贮值,每天用2元乘巴士或 地铁,20元 只够10天,这样每10天就须自动增值一次,每次费用两毛半,一年大概要9元,两毛半是20元 的1.25% ,而目前最高的银行定期存款利率是1%(促销的优待),1000元的利息一年也不过区区十元, 如果有10万 财路用户,易通卡公司一年就平白获得90万元,而且一分钱不用存银行,非同小可!难怪此费命名 为便利费 。
      还有,易通卡公司并没有保证以后不会调整这费用。
      我们希望易通卡公司能取消这无中生有的便利费。

Opinions Column
    林博明
    EZ Link's Unreasonable Fees

Recently EZ Link issued letters notifying that: for using the EZ-Reload by Giro servce, there will be a 25 cent convenience fee charged. It seems none of our readers has brought up this matter

Until now, Giro payments whether it is for utilities, phone bills and the former EZ-Link are not levied any charges. If EZ Link's pioneering attempt to levy charges succeeds, there is no guarantee that other companies will take the cue and follow suit.

25 cents may seem like a small amount but let us do a simple calculation. Taking the case of a $20 stored card incurring a daily fare of $2 by bus or MRT, $20 is good for only 10 days. Thus, every 10 days there will be a need to auto top up once with a 25 cent fee. In a year, this will roughly cost $9. 25 cents is 1.25% of $20.

Currently, the bank's highest fixed deposit interest rate is 1% (With preferential Promotion). The interest earned from $1,000 is a mere $10 per annum. If there are 100,000 Giro account holders, EZ Link can get a $900,000 windfall annually - without even putting one cent in the bank. This is no small matter! No wonder this fee has been termed "convenience fee"

Moreover, EZ Link has not made any guarantee that the fee will not be adjusted in future. We hope EZ Link will abolish this "fantasised" convenience fee

Convenience fee is for their boss convenience to award themselves fat bonus. How convenient.

Very well translated for the benefit of many here. Thank you.

Currently, still no response from EzLink. Sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by goering View Post
    意见栏
    易通卡的不合理收费
    林博明
      两毛半似乎是个小数目,让我们简单计算一下,如果选择20元的卡贮值,每天用2元乘巴士或 地铁,20元 只够10天,这样每10天就须自动增值一次,每次费用两毛半,一年大概要9元,两毛半是20元 的1.25% ,而目前最高的银行定期存款利率是1%(促销的优待),1000元的利息一年也不过区区十元, 如果有10万 财路用户,易通卡公司一年就平白获得90万元,而且一分钱不用存银行,非同小可!难怪此费命名 为“便利费” 。
      还有,易通卡公司并没有保证以后不会调整这费用。
      我们希望易通卡公司能取消这无中生有的便利费。

Opinions Column
    林博明
    EZ Link's Unreasonable Fees

Recently EZ Link issued letters notifying that: for using the EZ-Reload by Giro servce, there will be a 25 cent convenience fee charged. It seems none of our readers has brought up this matter

Until now, Giro payments whether it is for utilities, phone bills and the former EZ-Link are not levied any charges. If EZ Link's pioneering attempt to levy charges succeeds, there is no guarantee that other companies will take the cue and follow suit.

25 cents may seem like a small amount but let us do a simple calculation. Taking the case of a $20 stored card incurring a daily fare of $2 by bus or MRT, $20 is good for only 10 days. Thus, every 10 days there will be a need to auto top up once with a 25 cent fee. In a year, this will roughly cost $9. 25 cents is 1.25% of $20.

Currently, the bank's highest fixed deposit interest rate is 1% (With preferential Promotion). The interest earned from $1,000 is a mere $10 per annum. If there are 100,000 Giro account holders, EZ Link can get a $900,000 windfall annually - without even putting one cent in the bank. This is no small matter! No wonder this fee has been termed "convenience fee"

Moreover, EZ Link has not made any guarantee that the fee will not be adjusted in future. We hope EZ Link will abolish this "fantasised" convenience fee
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Bringing back attention to this topic.

Since starting of F1, the attiontion seems to have shifted, and no news so far from EzLink in relation to readers feedback. They have chosen to keep mum?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

ya I notice that this topic has been conveniently ignored. Mr Gregory Gerald Danker doesn't know how to reply, so best tactic is to keep mum.

we should organise a movement to top-up the new cards with only 1-dollar coins! See who suffers!
    Exploring! :)

vince123123
    Guests

Singapore is lidat what, the hard questions just keep quiet and our citizens have very shrot memories. come elections; all the past allforgotten liao

A lot of them have the "bo pian lor" attitudes and just follow lor. some will readjust their budgets and expectaitons and jsut plod along. Thesepeople don't look for change or progress.

one ezlink is still tahan-able.. what if all the other organizations follow suit and charge for GIRO..

vince123123
    Guests

Its just a matter of time.

After that the banks will also start charging these organisations higher for GIRO since they know they will be passed on for the consumer can bear as convenience fees. Upward price spiral; just you wait

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    one ezlink is still tahan-able.. what if all the other organizations follow suit and charge for GIRO..

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 ... LastLast