Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 38111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ link card with Giro

Default Re: EZ link card with Giro

No matter how we look at the matter, we will lose if we do not follow order. You want giro, someone has to pay to the bank who administer giro.

Just like a can of coke. Some pay 60c for a can, some pay $1.30 at hawker, $5 at pub, $22 at disco. Isnt it the same coca cola from the same distributor? Why pay more?

We cant stop them from making money. But we can find means to save some pennies.

vince123123
    Guests

That is entirely possible, and who knows; maybe its a plot right from the start; like drugs - get them hooked, then charge them an arm and a leg for it!

Ezlink could be a test case

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    next time even credit card companies, PUB, telco etc will charge $0.25 to allow us the convenience to pay our credit card bills via bank transfer or AXS or cheques so that we can pay our bills in full and on time in order to avoid the penalty of late charges for overdue payments

EZlink has set the trends.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    That is entirely possible, and who knows; maybe its a plot right from the start; like drugs - get them hooked, then charge them an arm and a leg for it!

Ezlink could be a test case
    Exactly bro. Just don't let them succeed on this unscrupulous plot.

All don't use that service, and boycott!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

vince123123
    Guests

Look at it this way.

If Ez link wants the cost savings of manpower to collect and send money to the bank and buying/maintaining ticketing machines, it can pay for the cost so as to encourage consumers ot go cashless and therefore allow it to have cost savings.

Otherwise, if they only succeed in getting a less than crticial mass of pple to go GIRO, they will lose on both ends; one to setup the GIRO for those who want it, and the other, in still having to maintain the cash-related costs. They will then have a neither here nor there situation.

For us, we just do without the GIRO. We don't lose anything in real $$ other than our time. That can be worked around by ways which others have already stated:

1. Wait until need to withdraw cash, then top up at ATM
    2. Wait for a time where you need to wait for a friend at MRT, then topup.
    3. In your daily trips; I'm sure there are some days the ticketing machines are not so full; use those days to top up.

Etc.

EZlink loses in real $$ terms (which cannot be worked around); consumers just lose in some inconvenience (which can be worked around).

In the end, by imposing the fee and wanting to create a Win More-Lose, EZLink has created a Lose-Lose, when they could have created a Win-Win by absorbing it in.

For GIRO, we don't even know what the processing costs is, unlike NETS (0.9-2%) or Crdit Card (2+%). For all we know, there is no processing cost!

On top of that, we don't need to put such a hefty deposit in for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    No matter how we look at the matter, we will lose if we do not follow order. You want giro, someone has to pay to the bank who administer giro.

Just like a can of coke. Some pay 60c for a can, some pay $1.30 at hawker, $5 at pub, $22 at disco. Isnt it the same coca cola from the same distributor? Why pay more?

We cant stop them from making money. But we can find means to save some pennies.

vince123123
    Guests

I just read about this; those who cahnge, can confirm? WTF got advertisement???

Commuters pay for ez-link card, so why must it carry an ad?

I PAY $5 for my ez-link card.

Why should I be made to carry a card that carries an advertisement for Fevo MasterCard? If these cards are sponsored by advertisers, then users should not be charged for them. Otherwise, this is equivalent to paying money for junk mail, except that this is one form of 'junk mail' that I would not want to throw away.

Would EZ-Link be willing to issue a replacement card without an advertisement? Or refund the $5 card fee?

Richard Seah

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post

One have to note that the different distributors are competing, in a way, when determining the price of that can.

EZLink is different. There's no competition. E.g. They can charge $20 non-refundable fee per card. I'm frankly very surprised they didn't do so.

Next time we all will see on both sides of the card. One Mastercard, the other Visa, etc.

They made use of our money to earn more money!

I just read about this; those who cahnge, can confirm? WTF got advertisement???

Commuters pay for ez-link card, so why must it carry an ad?

I PAY $5 for my ez-link card.

Why should I be made to carry a card that carries an advertisement for Fevo MasterCard? If these cards are sponsored by advertisers, then users should not be charged for them. Otherwise, this is equivalent to paying money for junk mail, except that this is one form of 'junk mail' that I would not want to throw away.

Would EZ-Link be willing to issue a replacement card without an advertisement? Or refund the $5 card fee?

Richard Seah
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

my wife is using the citibank EZ-link card, and the auto top up is change from $50 to $30 for the new batch of cards making the top up even more frequent so u pay more for the admin charges... i just told her to cancel it... now ATM can top up card so just top up while withdrawing money... save time...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

vince123123
    Guests

Are you saying that the "MAXIMUM" settable limit has been reduced from S$50 to S$30? For Citibank, you could select between 20, 30 and 50. Has the 50 option been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    my wife is using the citibank EZ-link card, and the auto top up is change from $50 to $30 for the new batch of cards making the top up even more frequent so u pay more for the admin charges... i just told her to cancel it... now ATM can top up card so just top up while withdrawing money... save time...

Thats the problem when only one company monopolies.. What did our dear government do??? Nothing...

Are you saying that the "MAXIMUM" settable limit has been reduced from S$50 to S$30? For Citibank, you could select between 20, 30 and 50. Has the 50 option been removed?
    b4 the new EZ-link card was introduce, my wife choose the max $50 auto top up, then they send a new card to replace and the auto top up was change to $30.. as i understand from her the max is $30 ley...unless she never check but unlikely ley cos she is the always seek the best deal kind of person ... anyway its her problem not mine as long as she dun ask money from me...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

The $30 is across the board for all who are on GIRO with the new card (regardless of the previous setup) so as to save work for the EZLink ppl, I believe. But you can go to EZLink office to change the amount back to the previous or $50 max.
    Last edited by Galdor; 17th September 2009 at 04:25 PM.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    The $30 is across the board for all who are on GIRO with the new card (regardless of the previous setup) so as to save work for the EZLink ppl, I believe. But you can go to EZLink office to change the amount back to the previous or even increase the amount as I recall that the maximum amount for top-up has increased from $50 to $100 now.
    oh.. I tell her to check tonight.. Thanks
    Gallery|Baby gallery

What I know is that the available amount for GIRO top-up is still the same. But for convenience sake, EZLink just put everyone on $30 during the conversion. If you want to change the amount, you would need to go to the EZLink office to de-activate the current set-up and reapply.

oh.. I tell her to check tonight.. Thanks
    Some error in my previous post bro. Please see amended.

Waiting for Mr brown to come out a song on this..
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

Citibank card still got Ezlink feature? so good.. my UPlus card used to have it.. but after change, no more Ezlink feature liao..

b4 the new EZ-link card was introduce, my wife choose the max $50 auto top up, then they send a new card to replace and the auto top up was change to $30.. as i understand from her the max is $30 ley...unless she never check but unlikely ley cos she is the always seek the best deal kind of person ... anyway its her problem not mine as long as she dun ask money from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Citibank card still got Ezlink feature? so good.. my UPlus card used to have it.. but after change, no more Ezlink feature liao..
    Nowadays, all these people only have two things in mind. MONEY and PROFIT. They are not taking pride in providing a service that's for the benefit of the general public. Any service not making money, terminate loh...very simple right? Any people can be CEO/President then. I also know. Don't make money, terminate. It's so sad Singapore has come to such a stage.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Can i cancel my giro ezlink card online or by phone dun want to join the long qs at the tanslink office... idiots... they only know how to make our life miserable..

Guess can terminate giro link online with internet banking rite..

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 38111213141518 ... LastLast