Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: EZ link card with Giro

Default Re: EZ link card with Giro

If it is so "easy & convenient", and everything customer DIY.. how to "justify" the "Application fee"?

Quote Originally Posted by quekky View Post
    with the old card, to sign up for GIRO, just go to the big machine at the MRT put in both your cards (ezlink and ATM) and press a few keys/numbers, the GIRO is activated immediately

with the new card, gotta write so many details, and it takes 2-21 days to activate.

how 'convenient'

If everything convenient has a fee attached, how come we aren't charged extra for things like using credit card to pay for meals and petrol, or using internet banking? Also convenient for us.
    The reason is the banks either want our business and hence have to absorb the cost, or they save money themselves through greater efficiency.

Anyway I've included the link to the Today online thread on EZ-Link again. Good to see some comments!
    http://www.todayonline.com/TalkBack/...-fees-a-hassle
    Exploring! :)

can CASE handle this?
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

here's the reply published in today's TODAY, it doesn't even address or clarified the issue.

EZ-Reload: Convenience, peace of mind
    Letter from Gregory Gerald Danker VP, Marketing & Communications EZ-Link Pte Ltd
    05:55 AM Sep 07, 2009

WE REFER to "Every cent counts" and "EZ-Link fees a hassle" (Sept 3) and would like to thank both writers for their valuable feedback.

EZ-Link's EZ-Reload by Giro auto top-up facility is an extension of the existing EZ-Reload by Card facility. It is offered to ez-link cardholders as an alternative payment method that is convenient, and it gives them a peace of mind while commuting or driving.

Similar to the existing EZ-Reload by Card facility, EZ-Reload by Giro requires EZ-Link to advance the top-up amount onto the customer's card before reclaiming that amount from the customer's bank account.

While we are unable to comment on the pricing model of other billing organisations in providing the Giro service to their customers, a nominal convenience fee of $0.25 per top-up is charged so as to cover processing costs that are incurred in the provision of the EZ-Reload by Giro service.

We hope to have clarified the writers' queries on the convenience fee for the EZ-Reload by Giro facility.

even the reply from their VP is not a direct reply, twist and turn worst than roti parta
    My Models

They should phrase the question more specifically.

Like, "Will GIRO result in net cost savings for the company?", or, "Doesn't the costs savings as a result of having GIRO more than enough to pay for any costs incurred in processing GIRO relation operations?".

That is the main question people want to know. If they just ask "why got convenience fee", the company will just say there are costs incurred, and it is to cover the costs.

The question must be phrased such there that is no room for twist and turn. However, in such case usually they just don't answer..

Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    even the reply from their VP is not a direct reply, twist and turn worst than roti parta

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    This time they can say 25 cents. Next time if they say 50 cents how?
    LL lor... that's for having convenience.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Upz for tser, younger sger are brain wash completely. When ask to pay just pay without understanding why. Wait till you are earning your own money pay for your house and living expenses you will know every single cents count. Not being giam, but be responsible to every hard earn cent you made.

Sg is only the country where everyone just bochup and pay thinking it will end the story. Same with new policy written, just take it as bopian. That's why the price just keep rising.

Been to places like china and Taiwan where people think other wise.

Sadly I am one of the brainwashed people back then. Kudos to the people who brought this up, to raise the awareness. I myself refuse to use the giro system because of this, just need to remind youself to top up everytime money goes below 10

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    here's the reply published in today's TODAY, it doesn't even address or clarified the issue.

Letter from Gregory Gerald Danker VP, Marketing & Communications EZ-Link Pte Ltd

WE REFER to "Every cent counts" and "EZ-Link fees a hassle" (Sept 3) and would like to thank both writers for their valuable feedback.

EZ-Link's EZ-Reload by Giro auto top-up facility is an extension of the existing EZ-Reload by Card facility. It is offered to ez-link cardholders as an alternative payment method that is convenient, and it gives them a peace of mind while commuting or driving.

Similar to the existing EZ-Reload by Card facility, EZ-Reload by Giro requires EZ-Link to advance the top-up amount onto the customer's card before reclaiming that amount from the customer's bank account.

While we are unable to comment on the pricing model of other billing organisations in providing the Giro service to their customers, a nominal convenience fee of $0.25 per top-up is charged so as to cover processing costs that are incurred in the provision of the EZ-Reload by Giro service.

We hope to have clarified the writers' queries on the convenience fee for the EZ-Reload by Giro facility.
    Thanks for sharing bro.

Who's this Gregory Gerald Danker? Does he take MRT/bus/LRT like we do? Use a Giro EzLink card?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Very good topic brought up
    As EZlink is prepaid card, assuming most users have $10 value in their card, minimum at least have 5 mils users (likely more than 5 mils), that translate to 50 millions singapore dollar, again I'm talking that probably minimum, I know most of use have more than $10 store value.

So, 50 mils if you keep in FD, assuming 1% PA.
    = $500,000 / year
    = $41,666 / month.

I think sure can cover whatever post processing fee

think the developer has some issue on GIRO link, we were told the card could get replace on 27th of July, then we were told the card could get replace on 27th of Aug,but on that day we were told must cancel it completely and re-apply again need 21days, and fees applied;don't know what will be the next, does government fine the developer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post

it also means the normal EZ-Reload does NOT give them a peace of mind while commuting or driving

Quote Originally Posted by Nenjia View Post
    it also means the normal EZ-Reload does NOT give them a peace of mind while commuting or driving
    so our transportation is not safe
    My Models

Well, our dear Mr Gregory Gerald Danker meant "peace of mind" not worrying about the card value depleting when you get on a bus or something... so he's not incorrect.
    But that's besides the point. Why do we need to pay extra for this "peace of mind" ??

And he also meant that my old Transitlink card with Giro facility DOES NOT give me a peace of mind while commuting?

I can safely tell him that he is wrong. For the many years of usage, it hasn't give me any problems, and the service is free. No transaction charges, no deposits. I don't need any Giro for driving, so he can forget about this ADDITIONAL convenience.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Arrow Re: EZ link card with Giro

I concur with the writer's comments.

Reward users for loyalty

Isn't the $3 deposit on each card enough to offset costs incurred in Giro service?

Letter from Laremy Lee
    05:55 AM Sep 08, 2009

I REFER to "EZ-Reload: Convenience, peace of mind" (Sept 7).

I acknowledge that there might be processing costs incurred in the provision of the EZ-Reload by Giro service which the company might need to cover. However, this raises two questions.

According to the EZ-Link website, there are more than 8 million card-based transactions daily.

Aren't EZ-Link's overall profits based on this volume of users enough to cover said processing costs of the Giro service?

At the same time, EZ-Link users currently need to have a $3 minimum balance on their cards before they can travel.

The EZ-Link website also states that it has issued 10 million cards so far. This adds up to about $30 million of latent cash. Doesn't the interest on this already cover the processing costs?

Using the EZ-Link system is one of only two payment options offered to commuters. In light of this fact, I feel that EZ-Link should consider absorbing the processing costs for the EZ-Reload by Giro so as to reward its customers for their loyalty to the company.

a reply from EZ Link VP:

http://www.todayonline.com/Voices/ED...s-key-concerns

So basically we're expected to pay the convenience fee because of the "enhanced features" of the auto top-up, meaning you can use the card for ERP, etc, and it will also top-up.

Letter from Gregory Gerald Danker,VP, Marketing & Communications, EZ-Link Pte Ltd 06:40 PM Sep 08, 2009EZ-Link Pte Ltd would like to thank the public for their letters and feedback on EZ-Reload by Giro service and would like to take this opportunity to address some of the queries.

Launched on Aug 27, 2009, EZ-Reload by Giro was introduced to offer ez-link Adult card customers who had previously signed-up for TransitLink's Bank Giro top-up scheme, which will cease on October 1, 2009, with the continued convenience of auto Giro top-up for their new CEPAS card.

With the new service, customers can link their new CEPAS ez-link Adult card to any DBS or POSB account, thereby enabling a pre-selected top-up value of $20, $30, $40 or $50 to be automatically added to the card when the card balance is insufficient for the transaction value needed for transit and non-transit applications.

Extra charges for the continued convenience?

Are we given the chance to opt out of non-transit top-ups, thus prevent this price surge?

What s**t excuses this guy is uttering!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

more people are weighing in on this issue. Hopefully this 'noise' gets a Minister's attention. Nice to see all the comments on the Today paper!

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 58910111215 ... LastLast