Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: using ur left eye.

Default Re: using ur left eye.

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    People who differ from the norm will have to suffer some inconveniences. However, there can be some strange benefits of being left eyed.

For example, Joe McNally, who wrote a few books, is left eyed. He said in his book that he is able to flip his left hand around to hold the camera grip, while propping the camera up with his left shoulder (because the camera is thick as it has a battery grip). So, he can hold his camera stable with only his left hand. This leaves his right hand to hold the off-camera flash... which he can position more freely. This would have been impossible if he were right-eyed.
    I'm left eyed and right handed as well. I use that technique very often, getting sharp photos with unnaturally long exposure times with IS, as well as easier support for larger lenses without using a monopod.

Now I just need to prepare myself for right eyed shooting when I enter NS next year...

Seems like quite a bit of ppl are using left eye right hand, i'm doing that too.

Well, i usually shoot with both eyes open but looking thru the viewfinder with only my left eye. No prob for me and its less tiring than having to close one eye, esp when i need some time to frame the shot

Email Canon to chut a special left eye camera for you, problem solved.

I'm using left eye right hand too. The only problem is because I'm wearing glasses, my right hand will always stained my spectacle lens as my face is resting on it. Always have to wipe my glasses, sianz.

Quote Originally Posted by yc2005 View Post
    Seems like quite a bit of ppl are using left eye right hand, i'm doing that too.

Well, i usually shoot with both eyes open but looking thru the viewfinder with only my left eye. No prob for me and its less tiring than having to close one eye, esp when i need some time to frame the shot
    Yea same as me, I find myself less tiring to open both.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiPiGu View Post
    I'm using left eye right hand too. The only problem is because I'm wearing glasses, my right hand will always stained my spectacle lens as my face is resting on it. Always have to wipe my glasses, sianz.
    Cos sweat right, then the nose stain the lcd then the spectable lens also kena when you look into the viewfinder. Hahaha

I am using my left eye. No issue over the problem mentioned here in the thread.

I ever tried using my right eye and don't feel comfortable, though my master eye supposed to be my right when aiming to shoot a rifle during my NS days.
    Capture life moments...from the heart...

Quote Originally Posted by ettk75 View Post
    I am using my left eye. No issue over the problem mentioned here in the thread.

I ever tried using my right eye and don't feel comfortable, though my master eye supposed to be my right when aiming to shoot a rifle during my NS days.

i shoot wth my left eyes but my long sighted glasses always gets in the way and scratched my protective screen cover....

I shot with my left eye open & right eye closed while handling my D90 with no problem as TS. The only thing is that I cant open boh eyes & shoot

Quote Originally Posted by lcd0189 View Post
    i shoot wth my left eyesbut my long sighted glasses always gets in the way and scratched my protective screen cover....
    OT abit, you got left eyes siol..

also using left eye, right hand. both eyes opened. no problems so far. but if i use right eye, then i need to close my left eye. have been like that since primary school days when we used to shoot paper pellets with rubber band.

during ns no choice, forced myself to use right eye if not scared kenna hit by rifle recoil. but then in army i bo bo shooter

Left master eye, Right handed.

CAM- Viewfinder at left eye but both eyes opened.
    NS- Right handed Right eye, can full score..lol

Beginning got shock when my eyes see someone walked pass my frame when theres obviously no one in front...

Then realized its my right opened eye seeing reflection from the back LCD, of a person walking pass behind me...
    Last edited by redmonsoon; 1st September 2009 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LomoPhotographer View Post
    OT abit, you got left eyes siol..

its time some comes out with a bi-scope attached to the cam so that we can see with both eyes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12