Thread: Wall-mounted fans anybody?

Default Wall-mounted fans anybody?

Has anyone here recently bought a wall-mounted fan? I'm looking for KDK ones. I'm trying to collate the average price of it (1) from other places in SG. My area is retailing at $129-$149 without remote control and installation. Wonder if it's reasonable enough?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wall-mounted fans anybody?

ok thanks ortega!

www.kdk.com.sg or www.capital.com.sg(distributor)

Enquiry : http://www.kdk.com.sg/homeventilation/contact.html

CAPITAL DISTRIBUTORS(S) PTE LTD

21 Ubi Road 1, #01-01, Singapore 408724

Tel: 6288 9190 Fax: 6288 5869 Email : sales@capital.com.sg

I'm not affliated to them, just had experience enquiring their stuff. Quite prompt reply.
    Last edited by greenieadi; 31st August 2009 at 04:45 PM.

oritey thanks loads for the heads up, i'll send them an enquiry then.

KDK best.

KDK used to be one of the best consumer fan makers... All made in Japan.
    However, not all are from Japan anymore. Still, it is one of the better ones around.

For fan, look for fewer fan blades for stronger power. those with four to five blades, the fan wont blow very far.

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    KDK best.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    KDK used to be one of the best consumer fan makers... All made in Japan.
    However, not all are from Japan anymore. Still, it is one of the better ones around.

For fan, look for fewer fan blades for stronger power. those with four to five blades, the fan wont blow very far.
    is there a way to check if they're made in japan or not? yeah, i was made known of other brands but somehow i still go back to kdk which explains my narrowed choice.

anw thanks for the piece of advice.

Try Hong Liang near AH.

Google for their address. Reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by fitlies View Post
    Has anyone here recently bought a wall-mounted fan? I'm looking for KDK ones. I'm trying to collate the average price of it (1) from other places in SG. My area is retailing at $129-$149 without remote control and installation. Wonder if it's reasonable enough?
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

My parents frequent Goh Ah Bee in Kovan. I'm not at the age where I'll buy my own fan yet, but I know where they make their purchases. His prices can beat all the departmental stores. My parents like to see at HN then buy at GAB

I find the wall mounted ones not too effective. If you don't have constraints, best is to go for ceiling mounted ones. And yes, KDK is the best for fans.

KDK even has smaller ceiling mounted ones for the bedroom. I am using them and they are good and reliable.

agreed

is there a way to check if they're made in japan or not? yeah, i was made known of other brands but somehow i still go back to kdk which explains my narrowed choice.

anw thanks for the piece of advice.
    Well, check for the word Made In Japan to verify if it was Japan assembled. Parts may still be from China but the quality may be better.

Try Toyogo. I find the prices there quite ok. I am not sure if they have wall mounted ones. But most of the fans sold there are alot cheaper than Harvey Norman, Courts, etc

Remember, check the fan if its running and running quiet. Going to and fro to exchange goods is a real waste of time and $ IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Try Hong Liang near AH.

Google for their address. Reasonable prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    My parents frequent Goh Ah Bee in Kovan. I'm not at the age where I'll buy my own fan yet, but I know where they make their purchases. His prices can beat all the departmental stores. My parents like to see at HN then buy at GAB
    Hong Liang and Goh Ah Bee... aye noted. Thanks! I'm seeing a lot of these "departmental stores" offer better pricing. But in terms of services and installation prices, are they comparable?

Quote Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
    I find the wall mounted ones not too effective. If you don't have constraints, best is to go for ceiling mounted ones. And yes, KDK is the best for fans.

KDK even has smaller ceiling mounted ones for the bedroom. I am using them and they are good and reliable.
    i have space constraint that's why i go for wall mounted ones! haha! 'cause i find that they ventilate the room better ah instead of just "a spot or a certain radius only" for ceiling ones.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Well, check for the word Made In Japan to verify if it was Japan assembled. Parts may still be from China but the quality may be better.

Try Toyogo. I find the prices there quite ok. I am not sure if they have wall mounted ones. But most of the fans sold there are alot cheaper than Harvey Norman, Courts, etc

Remember, check the fan if its running and running quiet. Going to and fro to exchange goods is a real waste of time and $ IMHO
    aye, i agree on your last part.

i have space constraint that's why i go for wall mounted ones! haha! 'cause i find that they ventilate the room better ah instead of just "a spot or a certain radius only" for ceiling ones.
    aye, i agree on your last part.
    Then go for Orbital fan, I use them for my rooms. Orbital fan are ceiling mounted but designed like wall-mount type and ventilate 360 or every corner of the room.
    Last edited by greenieadi; 3rd September 2009 at 11:52 AM.