Thread: Buying an PnS

Default Buying an PnS

I don't know where to post it but this seems to be the most perfect place to put it..

I'm looking for an inexpensive($300-$500) PnS camera, preferably one that is waterproof/shockproof because i'm taking it with me for mountain biking trips around singapore, but it's not a must. AI Servo feature would be good also. Image Stabilisation(or the brand's equivalent of it) would be a added bonus.

I would be taking group shots(24mm-28mm Wide angle would be good) and some action shots(Best to have a little telezoom.. higher optical zoom is best).. main point is to capture memories of the bike riding.

Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.. i don't mind any brand!
    Last edited by startrails; 30th August 2009 at 06:48 PM.
    Canon EOS 6D|EF 24-70L|EF 16-35 f2.8L II|EF 70-200 f4L IS|580EXII|

Blog Entries

Default Re: Buying an PnS

Quote Originally Posted by startrails View Post
    I don't know where to post it but this seems to be the most perfect place to put it..

I'm looking for an inexpensive($300-$500) PnS camera, preferably one that is waterproof/shockproof because i'm taking it with me for mountain biking trips around singapore, but it's not a must. AI Servo feature would be good also. Image Stabilisation(or the brand's equivalent of it) would be a added bonus.

I would be taking group shots(24mm-28mm Wide angle would be good) and some action shots(Best to have a little telezoom.. higher optical zoom is best).. main point is to capture memories of the bike riding.

Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.. i don't mind any brand!
    Check these cameras out:

Fuji Z33WP

Olympus Stylus Tough-6000

Olympus Stylus 550WP

Default Re: Buying an PnS

The Panasonic FT1 is water proof, shock proof and dust proof but I'm not too sure of the price.

http://panasonic.com.sg/web/Pid/7214