Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    let's see how Rafa and the boys do this weekend
    chel$ki wanna bounce back from buanging against wigan and will be out to get a result
    chelski will be without cech in goal...if we can get our players behind their 2 attacking fullbacks,we might get a good result. We are on form. They are demoralised. But being a big team,they should give us a good fight though i'm confident we can get a result there.

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    tell me which manager ever admit his tactical error? his tactics & system of play has always been the same since his valencia days...high work ethic,very tactical...players with good mentality. Rafa will more often than not play with only 1 striker plus few attacking players...players who is fast going fwd...plus solid defence. His teams are always compact & hard to break though can be boring in certain games as he is more result oriented. But nowadays,hes trying to attack more,thats why we see more goals conceeded but i'm sure when the team stabilised,we'll have more balance between attack & defence.

Before the hull game i'm sure everyone grumbled with the 4-5-1 tactic but after the game? Thats the system uniquely Rafa,its his trademark...

yes Rafa

i thought dirty kite was playing as a 2nd striker?

the recent teams seem to have only 1 holding midfielder with Stevie G playing a deeper role and Kite just behind Torres. And we had a lot of bite in attack as we now have Benayoun roving forward.

chelski will be without cech in goal...if we can get our players behind their 2 attacking fullbacks,we might get a good result. We are on form. They are demoralised. But being a big team,they should give us a good fight though i'm confident we can get a result there.

in bro Rodz we trust!

please start cheering loud loud in here from today all the way to match day

I am sure it will work wonders

yes Rafa

the recent teams seem to have only 1 holding midfielder with Stevie G playing a deeper role and Kite just behind Torres. And we had a lot of bite in attack as we now have Benayoun roving forward.
    if Rafa's assessment of Aquilani is accurate, then we will be looking forward to getting more goals!!

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    if Rafa's assessment of Aquilani is accurate, then we will be looking forward to getting more goals!!
    *Cross fingers* I hope
    Canon 650D|Panasonic LX3 / LX5
    50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 12-24mm f/4 | 28-75mm f/2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    *Cross fingers* I hope
    i oso cross my toes.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i oso cross my toes.
    dun forget to cross your eyes too

yes Rafa

Kuyt has always played on the right of midfield but he can drift into any scoring positions when required...and helps out defensively when needed to...SG is playing a more central role but free to join the attack as Lucas is there as defensive cover...Yossi operates more from the left...this allows him to cut into the centre to make attacking moves... well,thats what i notice...i might be wrong...

in bro Rodz we trust!

please start cheering loud loud in here from today all the way to match day

I am sure it will work wonders
    we need bro cheesecake to post many comments,this magically has improved LFC performance...

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    *Cross fingers* I hope
    i oso cross my toes.
    dun forget to cross your eyes too
    i'm impress with his play based on those video clips at youtube...

we need bro cheesecake to post many comments,this magically has improved LFC performance...
    Babel got so inspired reading bro Cheesecake's post that he scored 2 goals!

Ha ha
    Canon 650D|Panasonic LX3 / LX5
    50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 12-24mm f/4 | 28-75mm f/2.8

Dirk Kuyt closes in on Ian Rush's European goal tally

It took an entire campaign for Dirk Kuyt to open his account in the Champions’ League – now he can’t stop scoring.

So prolific has the Dutch striker been for Liverpool in the last two years that he already has the legendary Ian Rush in his sights on the all time list of European goalscorers at Anfield.

Kuyt needs two against Fiorentina tonight in Italy to catch Rush on 14, and reach the top three in an illustrious Liverpool roll call behind only Steven Gerrard and Michael Owen.

It is a far cry from his first experience in Europe with the Merseyside club, when he couldn’t buy a goal, until - after 11 attempts to get off the mark, he finally found the net in the Champions’ League final of all games, against AC Milan in Athens.

It is, he admits, a confusing experience. “I’m not sure why it has suddenly gone so well for me. In my first games in the Champions League I couldn’t score at all.

“I think I went the whole campaign without a goal, and then I got one in the final against AC Milan and really, it has just gone on for me since then.

“It’s an incredible experience. I think I have scored in every stage of the competition now and I am enjoying it. I just want to keep going. I have confidence in these games, and going into them, it’s always a great experience to be involved in big Champions League nights.”

After his initial experience, Kuyt has become Liverpool’s most deadly finisher in Europe, his record of 12 goals in his last 25 games in this competition outstripping even Fernando Torres at the head of the scoring charts.

Two more, and the Holland international will catch Rush on the list, and he accepts that would be an almost humbling experience, given the status of the Welsh striker.

“I think it’s unbelievable I’m so close to Ian Rush. To have the chance maybe draw level on goals with someone like him is unbelievable,” Kuyt explained.

“He is one of the biggest names in the history of the Liverpool Football Club and it would give me a great feeling if I could manage to do that. I have to be respectful of his achievements in his career, but it would be good to match his goals and then maybe continue scoring.

“It is nice to get personal things, but for me the most important thing is winning trophies together. The milestones are nice, but if you don’t have anything to go with them like a trophy then it is not the same. Don’t get me wrong individual honours are nice, but it is all about the team winning.”

Not that Kuyt has any illusions about his place in the Anfield pecking order when it comes to goals. Torres is the undoubted star, and his Liverpool team-mates all marvel at such an incredible talent.

“It is great to have a player like Fernando in your team because they can score the most amazing goals at any moment in the game and that gives you huge confidence,” Kuyt added.

“I was standing here two weeks ago and people were questioning Fernando because he hadn’t scored in two games in a row and how he has five in his last two league games. He speaks with his feet!

“I knew how good he was but playing behind him you learn where he wants the ball and the understanding is even better. Honestly, he makes it easy for all of us.”

Extra time for all matches... haha

confirm lor. kelong face.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

confirm lor. kelong face.

Is that the face you wear in xpert11?

anyone knows where will be showing the liverpool v florentina match tmr morning? thinking of catching it live.. or is it available on streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    anyone knows where will be showing the liverpool v florentina match tmr morning? thinking of catching it live.. or is it available on streaming?
    surely there is streaming links everywhere. U just need to find the right sources. hehehe