Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    cc only celebrate with kuytie and sometimes lucas or babel
    i oni celebrate... with ... MAGGIE Q~!!! WOOOOOO!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB: You'll Never Walk Alone! (40) RAF999's time is up?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    cc only celebrate with kuytie and sometimes lucas or babel
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i oni celebrate... with ... MAGGIE Q~!!! WOOOOOO!!!
    maggie q dancing on the table with bro cheesecake cuddling kuytie,lucas & babel??? hmm..thats interesting...

that is the old division 2?

waseh.....

actually, that's the old division 3

EPL back in action this weekend with Hull city coming over to Anfield.

hopefully our boys can continue to shine!

as long as Rafa dun start his 4-5-1 again

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    as long as Rafa dun start his 4-5-1 again
    I can only cross my fingers that he don't do that......
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    maggie q dancing on the table with bro cheesecake cuddling kuytie,lucas & babel??? hmm..thats interesting...
    i think it is bro cheesecake eating maggie mee with kuytie lucas and babel

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    paiseh, i go up table and table crack n gif way.

paiseh, i go up table and table crack n gif way.

i thought u like under table?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    i thought u like under table?
    oooh!!! under-table footsie with maggie Q, Elva hsiao, jeanette aw!

The Time Is Now To Drop Carragher...

Posted 24/09/09 12:27

Unless Jamie Carragher can recover his form over the next few weeks, Rafa Benitez is going to have to make one of the hardest decisions of his Anfield tenure.

Liverpool may lie third in the league behind Chelsea and Manchester United, but few will feel that on the form shown thus far, they will challenge either for Premier League honours this season. Whilst the initial focus was naturally on a team struggling to cope with the loss of the pivotal Xabi Alonso, attention should now (more correctly) be shifted to Carragher and a Liverpool defence that has been unusually tentative and uncertain.

Defensive rigour has been the watchword of Benitez's Liverpool - with Carragher at the heart of those endeavours. But as the Spanish supremo has begun to realise that his side needs to commit greater numbers into attacking areas of the pitch if the club is to make the great leap forward, his defensive lynchpin has begun to show his limitations in trying to meet the new requirements.

Never the quickest, Carragher has made up for that weakness with his ability to read situations, his intelligence and his commitment. However, when Liverpool began to push in earnest for the title in the second half of last season, Carragher began to look increasingly ill at ease.

With the emphasis now firmly on attack, Liverpool's defence naturally has to push further up the pitch to stop the side from getting too stretched. However, concerned about his own lack of pace, Carragher looks unhappy the further away he gets from Pepe Reina's goal. Whether it is deliberate or not, he seems to drop off a little to compensate - upsetting the defensive equilibrium in the process. His vulnerability has not been lost on opponents. Saturday at West Ham saw just another example of Liverpool's opposition seeking to isolate Carragher and expose his frailties with pace.

With Daniel Agger now close to full fitness, Benitez will have to think carefully about how best to deploy him - and whether to move Carragher, a popular figure at the club, aside. Given their youth and promise, Agger and Skrtel were clearly marked down as Liverpool's future centre-half paring - and on the recent evidence, the future may well be now.

Doubts over this pair would centre on their relative inexperience, Agger's lapses of concentration and a feeling that neither is vocal enough to organise the Liverpool rearguard.

On the plus side, both are quick, have the necessary physical attributes - and in Agger, Liverpool have potentially one of the best ball-playing centre-halves in football. The Dane's ability to carry the ball from defence into midfield and beyond, committing opponents as he goes, is unparalleled at Anfield. Agger also possesses fine passing ability, and a serious threat on the opposition goal from distance.

While he may not possess Carragher's experience and defensive capabilities (both should come in time), in an era where having threats from as many positions on the field as possible is key to pushing for honours, Agger should be given his chance to shine. This isn't to say that Carragher should have no role - one could certainly see him playing those games where Liverpool will necessarily sit deeper - but when Liverpool need to overrun supposedly weaker opposition, Carragher's presence is not required. And if his recent form is anything to go by, even that weaker opposition is preying on his decline.

Demoting such a high-profile figure at Anfield - a player who is the heart and soul of the club - would be no easy task. But sentimentality only gets you so far - and certainly won't win you the league. So it should be to the benefit of the club that Benitez has shown in the past that he does not deal in sentimental currency when it comes to players. Given his age, Carragher's days as one of the first names on the team sheet are clearly numbered. Given his form, and his difficulty in adapting to new attacking realities at Anfield, Benitez should act decisively and limit the damage being caused by the Scouser's decline.

Paul Little

i've never seen carragher making 4 crucial mistakes in a single game before we met west ham.

badly spooked!

from this page.

psmith1977

"There is a reason people like Mr. Little do not pick football teams. They literally stick their thumbs in the air (after 5 or 6 games?!?!) and see what 'the word on the street' is and make sweeping judgements.

Jamie Carragher has never had pace, nor did Alan Hansen for that matter and he, like the Scots legend, is capable of playing at this level to this mid to late 30s.

Liverpool's real problems lie in the fact that we do not have much class, save Gerrard and Torres, in the final third. I was at White Hart Lane at the start of the season and frankly people like Babel and Voronin simply aren't in the class of some of the secondary attacking options available to Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and now Man City. It is also fair to say that we are devoid of genuine imagination and creativity in the middle of the park, is Carragher to blame for this also?

West Ham have good attacking options and Carlton Cole, on his day, will be the undoing of many defences and defenders - (Holland, three weeks ago, anyone?)

Aimless finger pointing at a player who never professed to be anything other than an out and out stopper is symptomatic of the 'quick-fix' journalism that we are subjected to today.

Have we become too lazy to truly analyse games that we have to resort to sweeping judgements. Mr. Little you are entitled to your opinion, what you are not entitled to is my respect in it's assessment and certainly not that from anyone who watches football and really understands it."

i've never seen carragher making 4 crucial mistakes in a single game before we met west ham.

badly spooked!
    Lets try Agger and Skrtel against hull city!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Lets try Agger and Skrtel against hull city!!!!!!!
    carragher HK liao la.

tamade. if he not good enuff, he mux go too. no place for sentiments!! right, bro rodz?!?!

no good mux go. even if stevie G no good, he mux go.

HK = Hon Kang = Finished = no more = buey sai = lousy = The End.

HK = Hon Kang = Finished = no more = buey sai = lousy = The End.
    Wait ppls thought u mean Hong Kong !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Wait ppls thought u mean Hong Kong !!!!!!!
    no la. 18yo where got so////,,,,/./// INNOCENT in thinking neh?

no la. 18yo where got so////,,,,/./// INNOCENT in thinking neh?
    those 18yrs old 20 yrs ago mite think so.. 8)

carragher HK liao la.

tamade. if he not good enuff, he mux go too. no place for sentiments!! right, bro rodz?!?!

no good mux go. even if stevie G no good, he mux go.
    everybody will have off-days...Carra certainly had his...i believe he is still good enough for atleast 2 more years...

Imagine if LFC were to lose badly,the whole team just doesnt perform...everyone must go? for me as long as the team wins...3 points in the bag...i'm happy coz thats a mark of a champion...how many times manure played badly yet they won games...

Deregistered

anyone knows when Torres : My Story , his biography is coming out in singapore ?

wanna get one.